*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,384,762 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
SolidRockAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i could have hit that one
aggietony2010
AG
Adios Leclerc.
beagle2009
AG
We deserved to lose this one. Poor fielding, bullpen implosion… Sucks Jung's performance was in vain. flush it and get it back tomorrow.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I mean, with the Bullpen we have nothing that happened was surprising
LeagueCityAg
AG
Decision to go with Leclerc there lost it. Time to move on from him. Guy has had plenty of opportunities, he is what he is at this point.
gigem1223
DFA LeClerc and call up Lee
AgBQ-00
AG
First time watching this year? This is the first outing they've not come through.
PatriotAg02
AG
Dave Raymond in the 7th "the rangers bullpen have given up 1 or fewer runs in 7 straight games"
DeangeloVickers
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

First time watching this year? This is the first outing they've not come through.

Yes, they've been good but all season this is not a contending Bullpen. Not anywhere close to Ray's, Yankees, and that other team
DannyDuberstein
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Decision to go with Leclerc there lost it. Time to move on from him. Guy has had plenty of opportunities, he is what he is at this point.

If you are going to go to him, you sure as **** don't do it with the bases loaded. Braindead managing
Grapesoda2525
This last week or so…. We have only lost 2 games and we lost those games because of WALKS.

The triple Eovaldi gave up where 2 runs scored, the runners got on base by a walk and a hit by pitch. The 8th inning where we blew the lead, we walked 4 guys.

The 9th inning where we lost the damn game, it was a walk, past ball, and a single.

THROW STRIKES. Walks are part of the game, but when you lose a game because of them it's beyond infuriating. Make the other team beat you by swinging the bat.

Titty ****ing Christ.
gigem1223
DeangeloVickers said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Yes, they've been good but all season this is not a contending Bullpen. Not anywhere close to Ray's, Yankees, and that other team

Bullpens are fickle. However, this bullpen going into tonight had the lowest whip, given up the fewest HRs, 2nd lowest ERA, 2nd fewest walks in the league. LeClerc has really been the only poor performer. This one is on Bochy imo. Everyone and their mom knows what LeClerc is. Time to move on.
Tksymm7
AG
The Rangers really need another right handed power arm out of the bullpen.
gigem1223
Tksymm7 said:

The Rangers really need another right handed power arm out of the bullpen.

Agree which is why I'm all aboard the Chase Lee wagon. He's ready.
Tksymm7
AG
You'll have to tell me more because I know nothing about him outside of a baseball reference search, but tbh the Rangers don't really have a ton to power arms in the system period. The only guys that I can even think of or find (that profile as relievers) that come close are Ricky Vanasco and Marc Church (kinda?), and Alex Speas. Speas has the stuff, with a 100 mph fastball and a 92 mph slider, but he just came back from a significant injury this year, and like the others above is at AA Frisco.
gigem1223
Tksymm7 said:

You'll have to tell me more because I know nothing about him outside of a baseball reference search, but tbh the Rangers don't really have a ton to power arms in the system period. The only guys that I can even think of or find (that profile as relievers) that come close are Ricky Vanasco and Marc Church (kinda?), and Alex Speas. Speas has the stuff, with a 100 mph fastball and a 92 mph slider, but he just came back from a significant injury this year, and like the others above is at AA Frisco.

He's definitely not a "power arm" but he's very effective. Almost 25 and has a crazy side arm motion similar to O'Day. Probably our most effective BP pitcher in the minors the last few years.
rbtexan
S
Yerry Rodriguez throws really hard...
Jimbo Franchione
gigem1223
rbtexan said:

Definitely another guy that could help this pen. He's been impressive.
South Platte
Tough one tonight but seriously, who had us at 14-8 and leading the division? This is still an unbelievable start to the season.
fc2112
Half dozen guys at Round Rock I'd rather see than LeClerc ever again.

The simple fact he was unaware of the game situation at the end of the 8th is enough to DFA him today. It'd send a message to the team as well.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It definitely raised the question of whether he lost track of outs or strikes since the first strike of the AB was a freebie clock violation. Both are bad, but the former would be terrible as his strategy with 1 out may have been to nibble more for a K vs just get something in play for his defense to finish
fc2112
Mr Gigem
AG
Didn't Maddox do a mound visit? He should have known the situation
AgBQ-00
AG
Good thing about baseball: We dont have to stew on it for a week before the next one comes along. Go get this one today and set up the possibility of the series win.
fc2112
Too bad LeClerc.l is out of options. You could send him to Round Rock and he probably wouldn't realize he's pitching for a different team.
Coppell97
AG
Astros and Angels lost yesterday. That helps. Just go out and win the next one today.
Tksymm7
AG
gigem1223 said:

rbtexan said:

Yeah the next guy up is Yerry. He's on the 40-man already and he fits what they need, plus he's had a solid start to the season. The issue is that I'm not sure anyone in the bullpen has options left (maybe Ragans?). So if you're going to start trying some right handers out you're likely going to have to DFA someone.
gigem1223
Tksymm7 said:

gigem1223 said:

rbtexan said:

Yeah the next guy up is Yerry. He's on the 40-man already and he fits what they need, plus he's had a solid start to the season. The issue is that I'm not sure anyone in the bullpen has options left (maybe Ragans?). So if you're going to start trying some right handers out you're likely going to have to DFA someone.

LeClerc with Sborz on deck
DallasAg 94
It would not surprise me to see LeClerc hit the IL and a "rehab" in the minors.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

It would not surprise me to see LeClerc hit the IL and a "rehab" in the minors.

yes... to the IL with a bruised ego. Rehab may take a bit in RR.

Ah, it's one game, but this team could really use a dominant closer. Overall the pen has been good though. It was probably good that I was at my kids game last night and didn't watch the meltdown (was occasionally checking the app for some updates though).
Tksymm7
AG
I wouldn't be surprised is Hernandez get's a look as we move further into the season. He's going to have to maintain the ways he's pitching, but he has the stuff.
TexAg1822
AG

Well looks like no trade for Reynolds anymore
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Is that contract a bit of a bargain for Pitt?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

I mean what is money anymore?!?!

Hell bBallys doesnt even have to pay their bill....blackouts....money!!?!? who cares
gigem1223
Jimmy McNulty said:

Absolutely a steal. That puts him just inside the top 25 top paid outfielders in terms of AAV.
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.