*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,385,222 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
rally-cap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

A lot going on... Really not a fan. They tried to cram too much into them.
Tksymm7
AG
Lol at Taylor Hearn in the promo. Right off the bat though, I really don't like or dislike them. I think they check the boxes of what the city connect jerseys are trying to be and I am interested in how they are going to look on the field.
AgBQ-00
AG
Will wait to see them in person. They may grow on me a bit. A little busy for my tastes initially.
investorAg83
AG
Jerseys are a big meh. Hats are pretty clean though.
vander54
S
Not as impressed as some of the past City Connect jerseys but I get what they were trying to accomplish.
World's worst proofreader
KT 90
AG
I am not exactly in the target market for these (lol...), but I agree with your assessment.

Quote:

A lot going on... Really not a fan. They tried to cram too much into them.
Tksymm7
AG
They're getting better when I come back to them lol. I think they are different enough to be interesting and fun, but not weird or so far out there like the Padres, Rockies, etc.
fc2112
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Not a huge fan, but they're not near as bad as I was expecting.
fc2112
Still think the best alternate unis the Rangers ever did were the 50th anniversary 1972 throw backs.

LeagueCityAg
AG
Was expecting worse tbh
rally-cap
AG

I don't hate it as much in this view, but whoever decided black socks with dark navy blue pants doesn't need to be designing uniforms anymore. Unless the pants are black and the lighting is making them look navy blue, its hard to tell.
fc2112
If the Rangers were to make a hat with just the peagle logo on it, I would buy that.
FTAco07
AG
Any time you create something that requires 7 different explanations for your customer to understand it you have failed.
CampingAg
AG
I know the answer to the question but I'm going to ask anyway. Whatever happened to home whites, road grays, and an alternate?
ChipFTAC01
AG
That hat looks like something for sale in a San Antonio truck stop.
Tksymm7
AG
I guess I agree to some extent, but Dallas/Arlington doesn't have any super recognizable landmarks, any truly unique known character, or significant history as a baseball town to lean on. Everything they've put in the unis is deep cut because it has to be deep cut to truly "connect" with the city.

It's not like Houston being universally known as Space City, the Giants having the Golden Gate Bridge in the background, the Red Sox having the Boston marathon (blue and yellow), Washington and the cherry blossoms or Rockies being in Rockies (lol). There's just not a ton to hang your hat on in Dallas/Arlington outside of maybe a western theme, so they had to go deep cut with their design.
beagle2009
AG
I agree the jersey is too busy but overall these could have been worse. Like someone else said I will reserve my final opinion until I see them on the field.
Coppell97
AG
Hat and jersey good. Pants may look like softball . . . We'll see. Will reserve judgment like said above.
PatAg
AG
Should have just recreated a previous Fort Worth Cats jersey
TXAggie2011
AG
Atlanta went much simpler and not nearly as deep. Basically just a simple nod to Hank Aaron with a different logo.

The Rangers probably could have just made a simple western/stockyards nod or whatever and called it a day. These jerseys feel like whoever was assigned the Rangers at Nike or whoever was in charge with the Rangers had too much time or got way too excited about the project

https://www.mlb.com/braves/fans/city-connect

Legal Custodian
AG
I'd wear this shirt for sure

Tksymm7
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Atlanta went much simpler and not nearly as deep. Basically just a simple nod to Hank Aaron with a different logo.

The Rangers probably could have just made a simple western/stockyards nod or whatever and called it a day. These jerseys feel like whoever was assigned the Rangers at Nike or whoever was in charge with the Rangers had too much time or got way too excited about the project

https://www.mlb.com/braves/fans/city-connect

I think these are pretty boring tbh. It's basically their alternate jerseys with "the" on it. The City Connect stuff is supposed to be unique and fun.
AgBQ-00
AG
It is sad what has come of Lagrave Field
AgBQ-00
AG
JWinTX
AstroAggie15 said:

Rootin for you both teams to battle for the division. Need that rivalry back!

Edit…meant to do thumbs up
This is how I want the West to be, Rangers and Astros and then the Liberal Three, in that order...but that's probably because I'm from DFW and have nothing against Houston at all. I'll never forget meeting my wife's cousins from Houston and hearing them rip into the DFW teams...I said, "Wow, I've always rooted for the Houston teams when the DFW teams were out..I loved the Oilers, the Rockets, and the Astros, breaking my heart when the Steelers beat them in the 70s, the Celtics in the 80s, and the worst of all, the Mets in 86." Their response was so strange to me--"Neat, we hate your teams..." Never understood it at all. Several of my college buddies felt the same way when they met people from Houston. I have no doubt that there are probably DFW people that hate Houston, too, but I never met any in the decades of living in the Metroplex.
AgBQ-00
AG
That is universal for DFW residents when they run into Houstonians in college. Seriously their fans are why I don't cheer for Houston teams at all. I don't hate them. Their fans just disgust me.
fc2112
Legal Custodian said:

I'd wear this shirt for sure

I'd buy that too
BCSWguru
oh wow, that is lagrave field. that place was a gem around 2005.
AgBQ-00
AG
Shrit for sale

Flex Fit Cap

low profile fitted cap
Flounder Dorfman
AG
JWinTX said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Rootin for you both teams to battle for the division. Need that rivalry back!

Edit…meant to do thumbs up
This is how I want the West to be, Rangers and Astros and then the Liberal Three, in that order...but that's probably because I'm from DFW and have nothing against Houston at all. I'll never forget meeting my wife's cousins from Houston and hearing them rip into the DFW teams...I said, "Wow, I've always rooted for the Houston teams when the DFW teams were out..I loved the Oilers, the Rockets, and the Astros, breaking my heart when the Steelers beat them in the 70s, the Celtics in the 80s, and the worst of all, the Mets in 86." Their response was so strange to me--"Neat, we hate your teams..." Never understood it at all. Several of my college buddies felt the same way when they met people from Houston. I have no doubt that there are probably DFW people that hate Houston, too, but I never met any in the decades of living in the Metroplex.

I grew up in NE Texas. My favorite teams were the Dallas teams mainly because they were the closest and we were able to drive over for Rangers and Cowboys games. But I always pulled for the Houston teams as well. They were my second favorites growing up.

And then I went off to A&M and discovered this weird obsession that Houston guys had with DFW. I wasn't from either place and saw it. Same mindset as the Aggies that are happier when Texas loses than when A&M wins. It's weird.
hawk1689
AG
Can we move to have these as our permanent mascot and jerseys? It's not that I like them. I just don't like Texas unis. Never have.
fc2112
AgBQ-00 said:

Shrit for sale

Shirt bought!
Mr Gigem
AG
On my to the team store now to check everything out
Water Boy
AG
I have the opposite take here. I love all texans as people but the only team im rooting for is my teams. I can't bring myself to root for the astros or texans to have great seasons when my team is down. It would be like me rooting for tech and baylor since they are texas teams. Just my view on it but I do recongize that some people root for all Texas teams in general.
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.