*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,231,641 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
rbtexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
RE: potential trades & such (sorry, just now catching up on the thread)...

IMO if the Rangers are ever going to maintain success, there will have to be a balance between FA signings/trades and home-grown talent. We've been pretty good at the FA and trade part, not so good with the home grown part in recent years.

I think CY will make smart trades. I don't believe he'll just load up a ton of prospects and make a trade for a rental, short-term player. It seems to me the recent signings have been strategic in the sense that a lot of them are shorter contracts...Perez getting the QO, Heaney and Eovaldi have short term contracts, Grossman..

To me, that indicates they are planning on players coming to replace those guys internally...Evan Carter, Leiter, Winn, Ragans, Zavala, etc. And that's what they should do. This organization has shot itself in the foot too many times over the years by trading away a bunch of prospects in the "win now" mode, and then falling short (Sammy Sosa, Wilson Alvarez and Scott Fletcher for Harold Baines jumps to mind - another was Ron Darling and Walt Terrell for Lee Mazzilli).

Personally I hope they'll make some moves if we're contending, but smart moves. Not knee jerk, gotta do something moves like they've done in the past.
Jimbo Franchione
Mr Gigem
AG
That's a broken jaw for sure
aggietony2010
AG
Ouch.

Tksymm7
AG
Yuck
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That was less than spectacular.
Tksymm7
AG
Same as deGrom, I think teams are going to lefty hit the hell out of Jon gray and he's going to have to use his change up way more. They need a consistent pitch that falls away from lefties because pitching inside only works for so long. You're bound to groove a few.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Damn. I thought that had enough to get out.
FTAco07
AG
We're going to need to trade at least some mid-tier AA/AAA prospects soon because lots of guys are running out of minor league options or will have to be added to the 40 man and it's better to trade them than lose them for nothing. Lots of infielders, are blocked for the foreseeable future and they can't all be utility guys.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Not sure how others feel about all the rule changes, but I am loving the pitch clock and game pace.
PatriotAg02
AG
so does Fubotv actually carry rangers games or not?
aggietony2010
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Was watching on Fubo earlier tonight.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
They're pounding the mistakes tonight. Luckily with nobody on.
PatriotAg02
AG
aggietony2010 said:

PatriotAg02 said:

Was watching on Fubo earlier tonight.
Well, I signed up and it shows a regional sports fee, but no bally sports southwest is in my channel lineup.
Coppell97
AG
Michael Cera Palin said:

Not sure how others feel about all the rule changes, but I am loving the pitch clock and game pace.
I admit I was really questioning the clock before the season. Now I'm a believer. It works. Game play is so much faster, so much more flow.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
It does.

It's about $15 a month more expensive than the other internet tv services but it carries Bally Sports Southwest (assuming you're in Texas).

It does not carry TNT or TBS so if those are channels that mean a lot to you then that's something to think about.
PatriotAg02
AG
Michael Cera Palin said:

It does.

It's about $15 a month more expensive than the other internet tv services but it carries Bally Sports Southwest (assuming you're in Texas).

It does not carry TNT or TBS so if those are channels that mean a lot to you then that's something to think about.
I am in Texas (Katy area). When I signed up it showed Bally Southwest as one of my channels. Maybe it just takes a while to activate? idk.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
interesting...I signed up for the free trial and it's available to me
Tksymm7
AG
We are getting some really bad breaks with some of these hits.
PatriotAg02
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Michael Cera Palin said:

It does.

I am in Texas (Katy area). When I signed up it showed Bally Southwest as one of my channels. Maybe it just takes a while to activate? idk.
I'm dumb. I didn't have the right zip. Carry on lol.
Mr Gigem
AG
Ball ain't carrying for the Rangers tonight fellas
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Tksymm7 said:

We are getting some really bad breaks with some of these hits.

No kidding.
AgBQ-00
AG
Let's get the bats going and get Gray some run support.
TDub
AG
I've seen enough. Give me Bryan Reynolds for Leiter
Quincey P. Morris
AG
TDub said:

I've seen enough. Give me Bryan Reynolds for Leiter

If they'd do that trade straight up I might be tempted. However….
AgBQ-00
AG
That was a shot. 2nd baseman looked relieved he stabbed it
AgBQ-00
AG
Bats gonna have to get in gear.
TDub
AG
There's no way they would. But if you land Skenes in the draft (somehow hopefully) I wouldn't mind throwing Leiter in to make the deal happen
Tksymm7
AG
Leiter is going to have to have a massive bounce back year, that's for sure.
AgBQ-00
AG
We need a bloop and a blast to tie this thing up
PatriotAg02
AG
Just one of those games
Tksymm7
AG
Some pretty bad at-bats in this game. They are landing early breaking stuff which has our guys ass backwards right now.
Tksymm7
AG
Love the come back and fight there from Ragans. He's got pretty dang good stuff. Just needs to pitch more.
beagle2009
AG
Good looking stuff from Kennedy there to strike out the side.
AgBQ-00
AG
Alright bats. It's time for some walkoff fun
Tksymm7
AG
Just so everyone knows, we're basically getting no-hit. That hit by Jung is an error in my book. We've been very unlucky, but still not good.
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.