*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,775 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fresh Prince! I believed the whole time!
cmiller00
PatriotAg02
AG
Aaaaaand release
gigem1223
We won a one run ball game!
Silvertaps
AG
HWC!
DallasAg 94
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Great win. LFG
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Whew! So tense.

We'll gain a game on 3 other teams in the division tonight. Good start to the series.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Water Boy
AG
Wow we won a 1 run ball game and the pen gave up 0 runs. This must be a good sign that I'm going to crush my contracts exam tomorrow!
gigem1223
Gray deserved that one. Glad the bullpen held it for him. Great road win against a pitcher that had his best stuff and has had our number.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Great win boys! Hopefully the Rangers send some of the good vibes to the Stars tomorrow.
aggietony2010
AG
Looking at the pitching matchups we drew going into this series, I felt anything but getting swept would be a successful series. Let's go exceed my expectations.
gigem1223
Astros bullpen doing their best Rangers impersonation. God I love watching that fanbase watch a ****ty product.
Water Boy
AG
Just wait till Altuve comes back!
PatriotAg02
AG
I mean yeah, but was hoping to gain on LA.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Water Boy said:

Is he going to pitch?
Double Talkin' Jive...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

I mean yeah, but was hoping to gain on LA.
For whatever reason, I thought Houston and LA were tied. Would have been good to get another game on them.
Double Talkin' Jive...
PatriotAg02
AG
Water Boy said:

Heart and soul
gigem1223
Water Boy said:

BuT mUh McCuLleRs AnD bRanTLeY
option short side
AG
Great win!

alvtimes
Interesting little early season debate on MLB Network…. AL Rookie of yr…. Josh Jung, Yoshida Red Sox , and Hunter Brown Astros
Yoshida played at highest level of professional baseball, but is still eligible per MLB rules for rookie of yr. Yoshida is 30 and has no fear of getting sent down due to salary.
Interesting little back and forth….. but at the end of the season none of the 3 may be still in the race.
gigem1223
Jung has cooled off quite a bit recently. The strike outs are a little concerning but he did what was needed to tie the ball game up today. Hopefully he starts warming back up again.
alvtimes
Im sure he will stick, glove is at least average probably +…. arm is good enough…. Bat seems like it will play… but man o man those strikeouts. I know Adolis has worked hard on his pitch selection, but goodness Jung seems like he will be the runaway leader in SO's this yr. Having said that, even with so many K's the average is still very acceptable to me. If he can cut the K's way down in the coming yrs the average has no choice but to climb.
Grapesoda2525
Pitching matchups were so lopsided this series and in a park that has been very unfriendly to us lately. This win is huge.
Grapesoda2525
I still think the angels will fade because of their starting pitching. Better to gain on Houston and it's fun when Astro fans get angry at the TEXAS rangers for having the audacity to gain a game on them….because you know going to the World Series is their birthright.
fc2112
fc2112
For your enjoyment.

stoneca said:

Lol we suck at literally every facet of the game

Another dissatisfied customer.

agproducer said:

This team has served up ****burger after ****burger this road trip.

Astro fans complain about injuries like sips complain about youth.

bearkatag15 said:

Ag12thman said:

This team has all the talent it had last year, plus some. But, it seems to be fine with taking a year off after winning the title last year.
Half that talent from last year has been on the IL

And man have they gone south on the guy who brought them a pennant.

Aggie8587 said:

It's criminal Dusty is still the manager of this club. He's absolutely ****ing useless
Grapesoda2525
fc2112 said:

For your enjoyment.

stoneca said:

Lol we suck at literally every facet of the game

Another dissatisfied customer.

agproducer said:

This team has served up ****burger after ****burger this road trip.

Astro fans complain about injuries like sips complain about youth.

bearkatag15 said:

Ag12thman said:

This team has all the talent it had last year, plus some. But, it seems to be fine with taking a year off after winning the title last year.
Half that talent from last year has been on the IL

And man have they gone south on the guy who brought them a pennant.

Aggie8587 said:

It's criminal Dusty is still the manager of this club. He's absolutely ****ing useless

The dusty and maldy bashing cracks me up.

Dusty is a top 10 manager all time. He's not the reason they're struggling right now. Not only does he have the pedigree, but he also won them their first legitimate championship.

They should be more grateful to dusty.

To make this rangers related, if the Rangers somehow got lucky and won a championship during the Banister era. I would've still bashed Banister relentlessly until he got fired by the rangers. It's not the same, banister lacked the pedigree and came out of nowhere to become the rangers manager. He wasn't on any bodies radar until the end of the process.

Banny was also a meathead who supported a terrible style of baseball where swinging for the home run is encouraged and if you strike out it's ok. So we were getting a lot of games with our players playing "hero ball" trying to hit it out while racking up the strike outs. Good recipe for all of our home runs to be solo shots.
fc2112
I still hold that Banny ruined Odor's and Gallo's careers.

And at least one moment of clarity.

tjack16 said:

It's also time to accept that the Rangers will be a thorn in our sides all season. They made good off-season moves and they are paying off.
Tksymm7
AG
I won't lie, it is pretty fun to see the Astro's fanbase on the brink of jumping. To some of the points above; I think the gripes about Dusty Baker, Maldonado, Bregman and Abreu are legit. Dusty is a HOFer, but he's overly loyal to guys that are REALLY struggling right now and doesn't seem to have a great feel for the team imo. They should've let him walk into the sunset this past offseason. Maldonado just flat stinks, and they have a very good catching prospect having six hit games down in Sugarland, so I'd be pissed off too. Abreu was a poor signing for a lot of money at 35 years old and Bregman just straight up looks washed. Bregman has done nothing but get worse year after year since his 2019 second in MVP voting season. So while it is fun to see them wallow in struggle, some of their complaints are legit.
Water Boy
AG
How we play the rest of the month will let us know if this team is legit or not. We have a nice mix of good, average, and bad teams to play. Let's see if we can go 13-8 to finish off the month.
fc2112
I don't care if their complaints are legit. I don't remember anyone cutting us any slack when we were losing a hundred - just laughter at futility

So I just laugh at them.
fc2112
So Jankowski goes on the IL today. With Seager coming back maybe as soon as next Monday (thus sending Duran to LF), we need someone to hold us over.

Since Dustin Harris is already on the 40 man, he makes a lot of sense. His average has been bad at AA, but does but for some power. Evan Carter is an option too.
Water Boy
AG
I don't want to hear any excuses from the astros. They are so extremely loaded while producing high level guys from the minors every year. A handful of injuries does not excuse how they are playing. We are playing well with two of our best players gone.
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

Tksymm7 said:

This series with the Mariners is huge. I want to see our lineup do it against high level pitching for multiple games. I think the Mariners staff as a whole is the best we'll see for some time.
What about Atlanta?

Looks like we may luck out with ATL. Fried was slated for us but he's going on the IL. 2 out of the 3 starts are undecided due to their pitching injuries. The 3rd will be Morton. Elder and Strider are slated for the Toronto series before us.
First Page Last Page
Page 90 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.