*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,379,498 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

No ****ing way Sborz

No way

This is like walking Marte the other night

WTF are we doing

Pretty sure he was getting loose in the event we got am XBH or HR and we're up 7-8.

But I'd've thrown Chap anyway.
caleblyn
WestTexasAg said:

I didn't watch a single pitch tonight for the first time in a month or so. I'm taking credit for the win.

Congrats! You have now delighted yourself to not watching any pitches the rest of the season!!
WestTexasAg
AG
caleblyn said:

WestTexasAg said:

I didn't watch a single pitch tonight for the first time in a month or so. I'm taking credit for the win.

Congrats! You have now delighted yourself to not watching any pitches the rest of the season!!

Ha! Well, at least until we lose again.
caleblyn
WestTexasAg said:

caleblyn said:

WestTexasAg said:

Ha! Well, at least until we lose again.

Deal!
gigem1223
NukeAg10 said:

Number 9 incoming. I'm sure Scherzer and montgomery are super pumped to be in Texas, with absolutely zero run support for the majority of their time so far. Montgomery especially, has had pathetic run support.

Runs scored in Scherzer starts:
6 - W
2 - L
12 - W
6 - W
5 - W

Runs scored in Montgomery starts:
3 - L
7 - W
2 - L
6 - W

frenchtoast
After this long losing streak, the Cheatin Astros are still behind us. LOL
agent-maroon
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Don't have Bally so this was the first game I was able to watch every single pitch. Looks like we have some sort of inverted synergy thing going on.

Or not... great to have a win and still hold on to a bit of 1st place! So weird to see us still in first place but our odds of post season being the worst of the three AL West leaders. I know it's the remaining schedule, but still...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Proposition Joe
agent-maroon said:

WestTexasAg said:

Don't have Bally so this was the first game I was able to watch every single pitch. Looks like we have some sort of inverted synergy thing going on.

Or not... great to have a win and still hold on to a bit of 1st place! So weird to see us still in first place but our odds of post season being the worst of the three AL West leaders. I know it's the remaining schedule, but still...

Some of the projections (like ZIPS I believe) take into account your roster.

So if our roster forecasted as a 3rd place type roster to start the season, then when things start to even up in the race those other teams are likely getting a benefit of their roster.
PatriotAg02
AG
caleblyn said:

WestTexasAg said:

Same boat here. I couldn't find it on TV. The Cowboys game was on instead.
Grapesoda2525

This should be Bochy and the rangers in the club house before the game tomorrow.
DallasAg 94
agent-maroon said:

WestTexasAg said:

Same. 1st game in a long time.
Grapesoda2525
If we win tomorrow to get the split with the Twinkies and win the series against the Mets who have already mailed it in, we will be going back home where we have one of the best home records in baseball. As long as the Milwaukee brewers aren't coming to town, I like our chances at home.

Hopefully this is where we can right the ship a little bit or at least tread water. Today would've been a terrible day to lose with seemingly all prospective playoff teams winning.
alvtimes
I realize the sac bunt has fallen out of favor with the baseball nerds….. but Bochy…. 1st and 3rd 1 out…. lay it down…. you have lost so many in a row…. get the single run that may make the difference. when the next guy hits a 3 hopper to the ss… inning over. I realize it probably didnt apply tonight…. but i know Ive seen a few 1st and 3rds over the last 2 weeks….. go get the run!!
Its totally different when 3/4 of the lineup is smoking hot, but thats not where we are right now, every single run counts right now
Proposition Joe
Lets go streakin' today boys.
PatriotAg02
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Lets go streakin' today boys.

Currently Feelin' the breeze so let's go!
DallasAg 94
Somebody got some of the good stuff, last night.

Welcome back.
DallasAg 94
alvtimes said:

I realize the sac bunt has fallen out of favor with the baseball nerds….. but Bochy…. 1st and 3rd 1 out…. lay it down…. you have lost so many in a row…. get the single run that may make the difference. when the next guy hits a 3 hopper to the ss… inning over. I realize it probably didnt apply tonight…. but i know Ive seen a few 1st and 3rds over the last 2 weeks….. go get the run!!
Its totally different when 3/4 of the lineup is smoking hot, but thats not where we are right now, every single run counts right now
I agree in most years. There was a time when I was pretty confident if we got to the 7th with a lead, we'd win.

This season... 1 R isn't really a lead. All stats indicated the 4 R lead last night may not be enough.

This team can't play for 1 R. AJP was espousing the bunt, but he doesn't really know this team.
Coppell97
AG
I also felt like we have been so unlucky. We needed to try for 3 batters coming up with runners on base. Plus Jankowski is fast. He's not likely to hit into a double play. And it didn't matter as next batter got hit. It worked out. Got man over to 3rd.
agent-maroon
AG
How are Jankowski's bunting skills? Maybe that's a weak part of his game. Or not. Really have no idea.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Grapesoda2525
Analyzed our 8 game losing streak. This should make some of you guys feel better about it.

Game 1 against the angels was just a fluke that happens in your standard 162 game season.

The Milwaukee series. Milwaukee has been beating everyone lately. They're 12-3 since august 8. With the only 3 losses being against the dodgers.

The Arizona series. The diamondbacks are 11-3 since august 11.

We have played horribly, but we also faced teams that have been pretty hot.

Admittedly, losing the first game against Arizona and the first against Minnesota is inexcusable tho.
Coppell97
AG
Adolis with the day off. Seemed like he was turning a corner yesterday. Got the HR and hit another one hard that almost dropped. And had 2 hits.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Coppell97 said:

Adolis with the day off. Seemed like he was turning a corner yesterday. Got the HR and hit another one hard that almost dropped. And had 2 hits.
Might not want to get him hit....he sure was showing off on HR
Tksymm7
AG
I think Bochy is doing his best to make sure we've got gas in the tank for the stretch run. This team hasn't had this much meaningful baseball in a while, so keeping them locked in and ready is going to be big.
Hungry Ojos
I'd say I hoped that the bats woke up after last night but it doesn't look like we got a single hit to score four in the ninth to win.
shack009
AG
agent-maroon said:

How are Jankowski's bunting skills? Maybe that's a weak part of his game. Or not. Really have no idea.

He had a great bunt for a hit in game 1 against Minnesota the other day.
Coppell97
AG
Right. But it was nice to get the first breaks going our way in 8 games.
agent-maroon
AG
Forgot about that. Yeah, that pretty much negates that argument. Really have no idea why Bochy wouldn't bunt in this situation...
fc2112
Today in Rangers history...

I watched this live on TV. Only time back to back in the park home runs have been hit in MLB history. Toby Harrah got lucky when outfielder knocked himself out jumping against the fence. Bump Wills was just the fastest man in baseball.

Coppell97
AG
Hernandez called up
gigem1223
Leiter is back in action for Frisco today
rbtexan
S
What I have heard and continue to hear about Leiter is that his stuff is excellent but his command/control are lacking. That would seem to indicate a mechanical adjustment, and I've also heard that he's overloaded with opinions and advice. It is interesting that they had him come to the big league park to throw for the big brass. Makes me wonder if part of the conversation was about who he should & shouldn't be listening to for pitching advice. Interested to see how he finishes the season.
Jimbo Franchione
Tksymm7
AG
To further your statement, I'll be curious to see where he spends his offseason. In the past few years he's gone back to Vandy for the offseason and worked out there, but I would hope/bet/think the Rangers front office want him to be at their facilities this offseason. It's make or break for him. He's got to figure it tf out.
94chem
Wonder if Eovaldi could shore up the pen. Worked pretty well when he did that in Boston.
beagle2009
AG
If Eovaldi is healthy enough to return he is 100% coming back into the rotation, #2 behind Scherzer.
94chem
beagle2009 said:

If Eovaldi is healthy enough to return he is 100% coming back into the rotation, #2 behind Scherzer.

But I wonder who will pitch the last 5 innings of his starts. Hope I'm wrong, but I think starter stamina will be a real issue.
First Page Last Page
Page 495 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.