*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,380,459 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Missed the game tonight. Quick hook on Heaney in the 2nd?
gigem1223
Didn't have it. Didn't look injury related. Boch was playing chess while everyone else was playing checkers
Yellerjacket
Mr Gigem said:

Yeah, he had nothing tonight.
PatriotAg02
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Boch just seemed to not even want to mess around with him when he was consistently getting hit hard and missing his spots. Way off tonight.
gigem1223
Bruce Bochy said Andrew Heaney "caught a crud" in Oakland earlier this week and couldn't throw his bullpen because he was under the weather.

They knew he was gonna be on a short leash today, so with a fresh bullpen, he and Mike Maddux opted to go there early
gigem1223
Rumors swirling that Heim will be activated tomorrow. While he's been out, the rangers have won 10 straight games that Garver has caught.
fc2112
Grapesoda2525 said:

Man……. I can't believe how far both Duran and Taveras have fallen. They both were hitting over their heads for a while there, but the drop-off shouldn't have been this steep. We're lucky if we get 1 hit per night between the 2 of them.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

Bruce Bochy said Andrew Heaney "caught a crud" in Oakland earlier this week and couldn't throw his bullpen because he was under the weather.

They knew he was gonna be on a short leash today, so with a fresh bullpen, he and Mike Maddux opted to go there early

I didn't watch the gMe, but seemed like the early hook was anticipated.

I feel bad for Heaney, regarding IP, but glad they let him go out to see what he could do.

Also glad the damage was limited.
fc2112
Heaney at 114 1/3 right now. Needs 150 for his $20 MM.

He has at most 8 starts left - with a slippage for someone here and there, likely 7. Needs 35 2/3 innings. That's 5 innings per remaining start. 7 near quality starts in a row? Tough.

But it's really up to him. He can't afford any more short starts. He can't blame the Rangers either.
Proposition Joe
Can't count on it but can forecast at least another 5-10 IP depending on our playoff run - he's not a guy we're going to leave off the roster.
Jimtim1216
S
fc2112 said:

Heaney at 114 1/3 right now. Needs 150 for his $20 MM.

He has at most 8 starts left - with a slippage for someone here and there, likely 7. Needs 35 2/3 innings. That's 5 innings per remaining start. 7 near quality starts in a row? Tough.

But it's really up to him. He can't afford any more short starts. He can't blame the Rangers either.

Also think he is the odd man out when Evoaldi returns in the next couple of weeks
shack009
AG
gigem1223 said:

The analytics can't tell you when a guy caught a crud.
KT 90
AG
Now referring to Leiter as a long term project, but CY says he is not worried, just need to fix mechanics.

https://x.com/evan_p_grant/status/1690455028598009856?s=46&t=PqLpJRalQC7TBpwdTb0Q5Q
Tksymm7
AG
At least there's a plan in place now. Very frustrating that his mechanical issues weren't fixed early on, because they have always been there. I would be surprised if we see him pitch again this year, though, and it might be best for him.
beagle2009
AG
Beltre made a surprise appearance at Felix Hernandez's Mariner Hall of Fame induction last night. Pretty awesome. Almost shed a sports tear.

https://x.com/michaeljbier/status/1690541322627674112?s=46&t=OnpsNW8KL1yPd1wIrlZQyg
agent-maroon
AG
beagle2009 said:

Beltre made a surprise appearance at Felix Hernandez's Mariner Hall of Fame induction last night. Pretty awesome. Almost shed a sports tear.

https://x.com/michaeljbier/status/1690541322627674112?s=46&t=OnpsNW8KL1yPd1wIrlZQyg
King Felix certainly teared up when Beltre came out to meet him on the field. Special moment for sure. Their back and forth trash talking were legend and made the games so much more fun.

Man, I miss Beltre. If he doesn't make the HOF on the first vote next year then they shouldn't even admit they took a vote.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Grapesoda2525
The delusion is at an all time high in the Astros thread.

One guy said the commissioner changed the schedule format to stick it to the Astros because they "own the division" and now they have to play NL teams more.

Another guy said after thrashing the angels, who everyone is beating right now, that the Astros are fully back and will win 10+ games in a row.

Then the usual "rangers will collapse" and " we will catch them soon" that they have been saying since April.
gigem1223
No one cares
Grapesoda2525
Hoping Bochy puts out a competitive lineup today. Don't want a repeat of the last game in Oakland.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

One guy said the commissioner changed the schedule format to stick it to the Astros because they "own the division" and now they have to play NL teams more.

Another guy said after thrashing the angels, who everyone is beating right now, that the Astros are fully back and will win 10+ games in a row.

Then the usual "rangers will collapse" and " we will catch them soon" that they have been saying since April.

On my Houston neighborhood dads WhatsApp group, after Friday's win someone posted "Best Team in Baseball!"
MrCoachEricTaylor
ChipFTAC01 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

On my Houston neighborhood dads WhatsApp group, after Friday's win someone posted "Best Team in Baseball!"

How I feel with them
DallasAg 94

DallasAg 94
For reference, here is where Beltre stands:

All "as a 3B":
GP - 1st
Runs - 1st (Chipper (LF) and Brett (1B) spent time at other positions
RBI - 1st
HR - 3rd (Schmidt, Mathews)
Doubles - 1st

Should be 1st Ballot.

I think Mike Schmidt is probably regarded as the best All-Time 3B... lots of Great 3B, but Beltre is among them. Certainly as an Offenisve 3B... his Defense was pretty solid, but I think there are other people would rank above him. Brett likely fits in the conversation as does Brooks Robinson, Mathews, Boggs, Graig Nettles. Buddy Bell deserves a mention.
DeangeloVickers
AG
This will be fun playing Astros in playoffs

https://nypost.com/2023/08/12/justin-verlanders-diva-attitude-didnt-sit-well-with-max-scherzer-and-some-mets/
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ohtani gonna miss start against us
Jimtim1216
S
I full expect no Seager or Garver today
beagle2009
AG
Evan expects Heim to be activated and start today!

https://x.com/evan_p_grant/status/1690779378211536896?s=46&t=OnpsNW8KL1yPd1wIrlZQyg
Tksymm7
AG
Would be huge. Getting Garver and Heim on a steady rotation to end the season would be ideal.
Coppell97
AG
Heim active. Catching and hitting 5th.
PatriotAg02
AG
Now that is exciting news!
Grapesoda2525
Coppell97 said:

Heim active. Catching and hitting 5th.
Whoa
MrCoachEricTaylor
I've seen worse lineups!
Txhuntr
AG
Let's be real, when the week started everyone was hoping for a 4-2 trip to the bay with all the injuries out there. We're already playing with house money today, and know our next opponent is weaker than they already looked on paper. Let's get that sweep!
fc2112
Wow - I'm surprised Seager is well enough to play today.

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I've seen worse lineups!

About the only change I would make is Jung at 3B. But that's not going to happen so I like it.
Double Talkin' Jive...
First Page Last Page
Page 436 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.