*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,170,868 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Tksymm7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This team is still really good. They just need tweaks (or trades) to better cover their flaws and bring some energy back into the lineup.
rbtexan
S
I don't know how to say this without it being condescending, but some of you treat these games like it's a 12-16 game football season instead of a 162 game baseball season.

Living & dying with every loss will drive you nuts. I said before the season started that the swing & miss on this team was going to be a problem at some point, and here we are. That doesn't take away the great start they've had, and it doesn't mean they won't turn it around and start clicking again. But they're going to have slumps and bad stretches - just like every team does.

IMO the team is still one bat and a couple of pitchers away from being a championship team. We need a Andrew Benintendi-type hitter....good contact, not a lot of strikeouts, good average, power optional. Another couple of big arms on the pitching staff. We're close.

Just relax and enjoy it, this team is soooo much better than any of us had a right to expect.
Jimbo Franchione
DallasAg 94
Here is my HSO...

This series has been very disappointing, so far. Today's loss was disappointing. The Rangers have a tremendous amount of talent and they can win games. Are they a good team that wins lots of games or are they a championship team?

Two things this team has shown me.

#1, They don't know how to win.
#2. They don't handle pressure.

They kinda go hand-in-hand. It is the result of tanking and having low expectations. It was my concern about the whole tanking and I wanted us to continue to fight even when most on here wanted us to call things off at the end of the season. Winning and knowing how to win is mental. Sure, I appreciate the draft picks and I don't know that we would have made the post-season. But, here we are.

What this team needs now is to learn to fight to the end and fight to win.

What you see from teams like where the Astros are... you expect to rally. You get that mindset "If player y gets on base, we've got a chance to win." And you work towards putting the team in a position to win. We saw that from the Rangers earlier in the season. It always seemed we'd end up scoring runs. It seemed we'd put up double-digits. Now, you are seeing tons of strike-outs swinging for HRs when we just need to string some hits together.

Has Anderson gone in with the game on the line in a playoff atmosphere? Can Sborz come in in the 8th with an electric stadium and pitch like he has?

I'm hoping the All-Star attention has been a distraction and caused some of the players to press. The FO struck 1st adding Chapman. The FO is ready to win.

Time to get back to the basics. Take a breather. With all of the players headed to Seattle, I'm hoping being surrounded by all that talent raises the mindset.
DallasAg 94
Good word.
Proposition Joe
Today was disappointing (letting some chump shut us down for 4IP and Bochy pulling our starter that was dealing early to go with our shaky bullpen).

Friday we simply lost a game to a good team. That's gonna happen in 162.

If we can win tomorrow with the pitching disadvantage (inb4 DA94 split stats showing Perez is actually better), then I'm content with the series result. Not thrilled, but content.
DallasAg 94
Perez has a 1.91 ERA @ Home. 2nd in the AL.

In the after game, Bochy was asked if there was any consideration to bring Heaney back in the 6th. He indicated no, that Heaney was about where they wanted him.
PatAg
AG
Overreacting to regular season wins and losses is fun
Grapesoda2525
Proposition Joe said:

Today was disappointing (letting some chump shut us down for 4IP and Bochy pulling our starter that was dealing early to go with our shaky bullpen).

Friday we simply lost a game to a good team. That's gonna happen in 162.

If we can win tomorrow with the pitching disadvantage (inb4 DA94 split stats showing Perez is actually better), then I'm content with the series result. Not thrilled, but content.
Amazingly enough I'm actually optimistic about tomorrow for 2 reasons.

1) we're not facing a scrub tomorrow. Like I said, scrub pitchers and no names have been our kryptonite lately.

2) Javier has regressed and is starting to struggle. He hasn't looked good for awhile now.

This series has been a letdown, but we can maintain all of our ground in the standings with a win. Play 1 good game of baseball and they leave town with no ground gained. I'm just extremely grateful that we're not staring at the possibility of being swept tomorrow or this board would probably be at defcon 2 level.
sincereag
On a sidenote, it sure would be fun to be watching the Rangers-Astros game on ESPN tonight (or any other available channel for that matter). The Rangers deserve the spotlight after a good first half of the season.
GigEmAgsCaleb
Would anyone here be interested in a Game Used signed Ruben Sierra bat?
Mr Gigem
AG
GigEmAgsCaleb said:

Would anyone here be interested in a Game Used signed Ruben Sierra bat?

I might know someone. Let me know what you want for it and I can let them know
Mr Gigem
AG
Brisket is on. Win secured
DallasAg 94
AFT!
DeangeloVickers
AG

Josh Smith DH again
gigem1223
Kind of figured we'd see Grossman today. He's 3/8 with a HR in his career vs Javier. Boch is headstrong on giving Smith ABs though.
beagle2009
AG
I am torn with Duran having the day off. He looked horrible at the plate yesterday but also wouldn't have minded giving him another chance to turn things around today.

PatriotAg02
AG
Bochy comfy af with a series loss and only a three game lead. Alright then.
Tksymm7
AG
He has 16 SOs in his last ten games or 37 ABs.
TexAg1822
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Bochy comfy af with a series loss and only a three game lead. Alright then.
Seems a little extreme and premature. Duran isn't seeing the ball well at all right now, I can understand why he's not in there today. Everything else is the same though
beagle2009
AG
Yup. Terrible. Logic says it's the right move but I'm questioning these order decisions after yesterday.
KT 90
AG
Tksymm7 said:

He has 16 SOs in his last ten games or 37 ABs.

woof. Yeah, he could use a day to recalibrate a bit.

But it seems like one of Grossman/Miller/Smith needs to go for an upgrade. Maybe more than one.
KT 90
AG
And with Smith being one of our better gloves out in the field, seems odd to DH him again. Might as well get one of the regulars into the DH spot for a day and put Smith out in the field. But what do I know...

beagle2009
AG
This is what I'm saying. If you're going to put Smith in the lineup then USE him. Otherwise Duran, Garver or Grossman are better options as a DH, imo.
KT 90
AG
Perez needs to hurry and settle in.... Garcia just saved him there.
PatriotAg02
AG
Wow
beagle2009
AG
What a catch!!!
PatriotAg02
AG
**** we got a tight ass ump
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Solid effort to not let a run score there.
gigem1223
Lucky to escape that one unscathed
PatriotAg02
AG
We are way overdue for a 5+ run inning
aggietony2010
AG
Well got a game's worth of puckering done in that inning. Fantastic to escape unscathed.
KT 90
AG
gigem1223 said:

Lucky to escape that one unscathed

very much so.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Man. We're allergic to seeing a few pitches. Being an Aggie fan and Rangers fan is like polar opposites.
PatriotAg02
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Man. We're allergic to seeing a few pitches. Being an Aggie fan and Rangers fan is like polar opposites.

To be fair we probably don't trust the umps to not ring us up.
KT 90
AG
Perez isn't fooling anybody today so far.... better get the bullpen going soon.
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.