*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,116 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KT 90 said:

5-1 Cubs, after 6

Need more runs here
*updated
DeangeloVickers
AG
Dang 1 out 2 on and popup and k
Water Boy
AG
Starting pitching has been great so far this season. Hopefully the bats can help us going forward.
KT 90
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Dang 1 out 2 on and popup and k

That was a big opportunity; had Jung up with two in scoring position. Next inning will be bottom end of lineup.

DallasAg 94
Watching just my 2nd game this season.

I'll be honest... I don't think the Rangers do enough of the little things to be a playoff team.

I think they have the talent, but the effort just doesn't seem to be there.

You're down 3 runs, you've got Seager on 2nd with 1 out. High fly ball to medium-to-shallow RF. Wisdom playing RF is righthanded... he is running essentially at 1B to get the ball. Unless you have Vlady out there in RF, you've gotta take 3rd on that play. Your offense is struggling and you have a Rookie coming up.

Outside the Pitchers, the rest just look to be letting the game come to them.
Water Boy
AG
I wouldn't be too upset if we missed the playoffs. Just want to see us be competitive again and so far we have been.
AgBQ-00
AG
Alright. Stars just wrapped up a great game. Time for the Rangers to come back
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Imagine if MLB players actually hustled down the line. We'd have a runner on first right now.
KT 90
AG
Hearn.... not looking good.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Hearn being Hearn
Mr Gigem
AG
Hearn needs to be on the chopping block
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Good lord. Just one of those days today.
alvtimes
damn clown show today
Proposition Joe
DallasAg 94 said:

Watching just my 2nd game this season.

I'll be honest... I don't think the Rangers do enough of the little things to be a playoff team.

I think they have the talent, but the effort just doesn't seem to be there.

You're down 3 runs, you've got Seager on 2nd with 1 out. High fly ball to medium-to-shallow RF. Wisdom playing RF is righthanded... he is running essentially at 1B to get the ball. Unless you have Vlady out there in RF, you've gotta take 3rd on that play. Your offense is struggling and you have a Rookie coming up.

Outside the Pitchers, the rest just look to be letting the game come to them.

That wouldn't be effort, that would be bad baseball.

1) That "rookie" is your #5 hitter who is one of your top OPS hitters so far in this short season. You're down 3 runs in the 7th, you don't make the final our trying to tag 2nd to 3rd and take the bat completely out of his hands.

2) Your run expectancy with 2 outs and a man on 3rd isn't significantly higher than with 2 outs and a man on 2nd. Runner going on contact either way so a hit is likely going to score either way.

3) Even ignoring #1 and #2 -- you can't tag up on that shallow fly ball, as if the RF doesn't get to it he picks it up and forces you out at 3rd with a strong throw.

Issue with this team is going to be lack of offense, but you don't run yourself out of innings for marginal run expectancy increases.
DallasAg 94
We can disagree on whether Seager should have been aggressive, but 5 Es is bad baseball.

Leaving 10 players on base is not a lack of Offense, but a problem.

Going 1st to Home on a grounder through the IF shows hustle. Letting a runner go 1st to Home shows an indifference to winning.

I'm not writing them off, but I was real disappointed in the effort and execution of fundamentals.
Tksymm7
AG
Glad I'm not the only one being "negative."
vander54
S
Tksymm7 said:

Glad I'm not the only one being "negative."

You're negative every post.
World's worst proofreader
Tksymm7
AG
All I'm going to say is that there's been lots of play to be negative about. DeGrom shoving was awesome, and the offense the first two games was amazing, but I've seen some bad and frustrating baseball, as evidenced by 5 (should be 6 because Heims throw) errors today. I want this team to be good and a playoff team but we have a ways to go. I'll hang up and move on now.
Proposition Joe
I'm not disagreeing you we've seen some bad baseball. Just saying the example you gave wasn't part of it. Bad baseball would have been tagging and trying for 3rd and getting thrown out - leaving the #5 hitter without even a chance to tie the game.
Proposition Joe
And as far as positive/negative... I think most of us understand the reality of this team as it's currently constructed is one that is still a year away from realistically being a division contender. But it's a team that is more than capable of keeping it's head above water until the trade deadline and then possibly making a push based on who we can add.

deGrom/Eovaldi/Perez are going to give you a good chance to win every night they take the ball... but none of them are "slump stoppers" so to speak. Guys that you know are going to get you a W and off the snide. deGrom is that at his best, but remains to be seen if he's back there yet.

The lineup is average. Bad when Seager/Semien aren't producing.

It's a 0.500ish team that can make a push with the right additions. That doesn't sound great, but understand that the previous years at best have been a "if everything goes right we can be a 0.500ish team". This team doesn't need everything to go right.
AgBQ-00
AG
Let's salvage one from this series.
AgBQ-00
AG
Good start
AgBQ-00
AG
Gray needs to buckle down
Coppell97
AG
Jankowski and Thompson providing a serious spark today.
AgBQ-00
AG
Would love you see adolis drive in lowe
AgBQ-00
AG
Gray has had some traffic but has done well getting the double plays
AgBQ-00
AG
Warmer day and Adolis would've had a hr with that one
ryanhnc10
AG
Let's go Bubba!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Hello offense, good to see you again
AgBQ-00
AG
Did Will just get jiggy with it?
AgBQ-00
AG
Good game all around today. Let's battle the Royals starting tomorrow
AgBQ-00
AG
So Tor and Ana played a 10 inning 12 - 11 game in 3 and half hours today. Geame last year with similar score in 9 innings took over 4 hours.
Mr Gigem
AG
How TF is Tampa Bay 9-0

They are probably still only pulling 7,000 per night in attendance
Mr Gigem
AG
On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Dodgers are average nearly 50,000 per game. Insane
alvtimes
Proposition Joe said:

And as far as positive/negative... I think most of us understand the reality of this team as it's currently constructed is one that is still a year away from realistically being a division contender. But it's a team that is more than capable of keeping it's head above water until the trade deadline and then possibly making a push based on who we can add.

deGrom/Eovaldi/Perez are going to give you a good chance to win every night they take the ball... but none of them are "slump stoppers" so to speak. Guys that you know are going to get you a W and off the snide. deGrom is that at his best, but remains to be seen if he's back there yet.

The lineup is average. Bad when Seager/Semien aren't producing.

It's a 0.500ish team that can make a push with the right additions. That doesn't sound great, but understand that the previous years at best have been a "if everything goes right we can be a 0.500ish team". This team doesn't need everything to go right.

Im curious, what happens nxt yr to make this team a contender, 3/4 of the infield is pretty much who they are…. Jung should keep progressing. Not trying to be an ass….. i just wonder whats happening nxt yr that take this team from say 85 wins this yr to 95+ nxt yr?
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.