*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,370,390 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Coppell97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leody, a hat trick.
gigem1223
2nd time leody has struck out watching strike 3 in the outside corner. He looks like he's standing too far off the plate.
Coppell97
AG
Grand slam won't even tie the game here
gigem1223
Fitting way to end this **** show
PatriotAg02
AG
Nobody seemed to want to be out there tonight. Wonder why.
alvtimes
DannyDuberstein said:

Jung hasn't played more than 78 games. Ever. He's now at 75. I think he's a candidate for some extended time off. Leverage the ASB and some of these games leading up to get him a good part of a week off, give or take. The last thing they need to do is run his ass ragged in this 14 game stretch

this!!! Jung needs a big break but all star game wont help probably.
DallasAg 94
PatriotAg02 said:

Nobody seemed to want to be out there tonight. Wonder why.
I think that happens more than we realize coming home from a road trip. 1st game can be real lethargic.

I used to travel and the 1st day back I really had to decompress for re-entry. The wife was all like "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah." And I'm like, "Can I get a break? You don't have to give me a daily replay while I was gone."

Then, you've gotta deal with a pissed off wife who has been waiting for you to get home to do all the things you missed.
Grapesoda2525
This team has been bad since the TB series. Seems like pitchers have them crossed up pretty good. They're late in fastballs, when they get 2 strikes, they don't throw anything good to hit and wait for us to get ourselves out swinging at some garbage pitch out of the strike zone.

The umpires have screwed us in the ass so many times that we might as well get used to it. That call on Jung was absurdly bad and could've been the turning point to help us get back into the game. Whatever.

At some point tho, you have to hit and we appear to be over anxious or desperate for the big hit with guys on base and just can't seem to get it.

Jung is striking out more than anyone in the league right now.

Seager and semien are cold

Garver sucks. Can't wait until he's off the team. Worthless.

Starting pitching has regressed quite a bit.

Hitters striking out swinging at strike 3 instead of taking balls / working walls.

Just don't seem to be prepared or have a plan at the plate right now at all.

gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

This team has been bad since the TB series. Seems like pitchers have them crossed up pretty good. They're late in fastballs, when they get 2 strikes, they don't throw anything good to hit and wait for us to get ourselves out swinging at some garbage pitch out of the strike zone.

The umpires have screwed us in the ass so many times that we might as well get used to it. That call on Jung was absurdly bad and could've been the turning point to help us get back into the game. Whatever.

At some point tho, you have to hit and we appear to be over anxious or desperate for the big hit with guys on base and just can't seem to get it.

Jung is striking out more than anyone in the league right now.

Seager and semien are cold

Garver sucks. Can't wait until he's off the team. Worthless.

Starting pitching has regressed quite a bit.

Hitters striking out swinging at strike 3 instead of taking balls / working walls.

Just don't seem to be prepared or have a plan at the plate right now at all.

Was with you till you said Garver sucks. Did he have a bad game? Yes. So did everyone not named Semien and Duran. His ops+ is 111. Find me a 7 hole hitter/ backup catcher that is higher,
Grapesoda2525
16k's tonight for the offense.

The formula is first pitch down the middle because they are taking or will be late swinging at the fastball. Next pitch on the corner get them to foul it off. Waste a pitch and then a change up, slider or sinker in the dirt for the K.

Garcia caught on and nailed Englert's first pitch down the middle though. Good for him, but there should be a team meeting or the hitting coach needs to make some adjustment's because this performance was unbelievably terrible.
beagle2009
AG
This might have been the worst loss / overall performance of the season so far. DET loses their first two pitchers and we couldn't take advantage. Just awful ABs up and down the lineup. The bats are in an ugly rut and we gotta figure it out.
DallasAg 94
Let's talk Heaney.

Good news is that with his outing today, he is "Qualified" in terms of having enough IP (78.0). He sits 28th at 4.38.

His 5.2 IP helps save some of the BP. If this were later in the season, he'd have likely been pulled after 3.0.

What makes me curious about Heaney is... he might just be hitting a wall that he needs to push through. But, he could just be tired and need some recovery/rest time.

He could have 2 more GS (Houston and Boston) before the ASB. I wouldn't be upset to see him moved to the 10IL for rest and miss both of those GS before the ASB. Otto has 3 GS in AAA (last on 6/24). Not sure where he is with the whole bring him up for a couple weeks and then send him back down.

Without a team day off, it will be tough. Bradford could take the GS and then Heaney in a shortened outing?!

I'd like to see Heaney burn innings.

Quote:

• Opt-out available after 2023 ($500,000 buyout)
  • 2024 Option escalates to $20M with 150 innings pitched in 2023
    player is healthy 60 days before 2024 Opening Day

He could still get 16 GS. If he does and goes 4.5IP/GS, he will reach 150 IP and his 2024 Option becomes $20M. Each GS he might miss will diminish the chance to reach $20M (a $6.5-7M bump). I don't think the Rangers will do anything funny (hope they don't) to limit, but I'm also concerned Heaney may try to fight through something that needs some rest.
DallasAg 94
That's the Grape I've grown to love.
DallasAg 94
vander54 said:

Attempting to disspell the rumor... CYoung fell into the trap that he will now have to either confirm, deny, or "no comment" any rumor.

If he is unwilling to comment... oh boy. LoL.
vander54
S
WOW! Almost a full 2 run advantage to Detroit

World's worst proofreader
Mr Gigem
AG
That obviously had a huge impact on the game
Dwb22
AG
Jung, Semien, Seager and Heim all lead their position in ASG voting as of the latest update.

Honestly wouldn't mind a few days off for all of them but also pretty cool.
DallasAg 94
I would love to see a graph that had GP on the horizontal and the Vertical being how the ump impacted the game.

I think overall trends would be telling.
DallasAg 94
BTW... for those that missed the news... Owen White was selected for the AS Futures Game.
rbtexan
S
I'm glad those umpire scorecards make sense to you guys, because I can't wrap my songwriter head around it. I have to wait until you react to know if it was good or bad.
Jimbo Franchione
gigem1223
Kiddos got to meet Nate Lowe this morning, autographed a couple balls for them. Super nice guy.
KT 90
AG
rbtexan said:

I'm glad those umpire scorecards make sense to you guys, because I can't wrap my songwriter head around it. I have to wait until you react to know if it was good or bad.

click on the pic image up above and you can see the full image, it helps understand it a little better. Under each stat is a brief blurb of an explanation, but this is still pretty new to me as well.

KT 90
AG
rbtexan said:

And yes, I did find the above part interesting as well. Saw the info in your profile, will check more into it later when I have more time. But pretty cool.
EastSideAg2002
gigem1223 said:

Kiddos got to meet Nate Lowe this morning, autographed a couple balls for them. Super nice guy.
Nathaniel dammit!
gigem1223
I know. I just can't bring myself to calling someone Nathaniel
gigem1223
Jankowski back tonight. Taveras and Jung with the night off.

Also Speas promoted to AAA. I bet we see him in a Ranger uniform before end of summer. From LSB: "In 28.1 innings over 23 games for Frisco, Speas has allowed opponents to put up just a .133/.252/.184 slash line, with 47 Ks against 13 walks, putting up a 0.64 ERA. Since a four run outing against Wichita on May 11, Speas has allowed just one unearned run over 18 innings, striking out 32 of 66 batters faced."
Tksymm7
AG
Thank you Jesus Speas got the call-up. It's about time.
DallasAg 94
Sad news for Boyd. TJ.
Tksymm7
AG
Right call by Bochy to give Leody, Jung and Garver (although I think he's just not that good tbh) the night off after their strikeouts last night. I think he can tell that this team and the guys have hit a wall mentally and physically.
PatriotAg02
AG
Tiguhs are hot
beagle2009
AG
Perez is getting the ground balls but they're all finding gaps. Frustrating.
gigem1223
Insane the amount of bad luck this this team has had lately. We're overdue for some good fortune.
AggieRob93
AG
This team has developed a habit of going down early. Gotta get that corrected stat.
gigem1223
And of course as soon as a we have a risp. The ump widens the zone. Like clock work
gigem1223
Holy ***** I knew it was bad but 157 (now 159) LOB in our last 18 games? That is insane.
First Page Last Page
Page 223 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.