*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,832 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good homestand. We start with the cubbies on Friday correct?
vander54
S
Correct
World's worst proofreader
KT 90
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Good homestand. We start with the cubbies on Friday correct?

Yes, and they said today the Friday game is on AppleTV. So that may be good news or bad news, depending on the cable situation for each of us. Pretty sure it's "not good" for me, but will need to look into it.
Mr Gigem
AG
I may be wrong, but don't think you need a cable provider for AppleTV+. Just a sub to AppleTV
double aught
AG
Great game. But what a joke that the roof was closed today.
Tksymm7
AG
DeGrom absolutely shoved today, and Josh Jung...that's all I'm going to say. On the other hand Seager needs to get going a little bit. He needs to be THE guy on offense for us.
Mr Gigem
AG
Turned out to be great weather, but there was a threat of rain early on. TBH I have no idea what the rules are on the roof, and who has the ultimate authority to open/close it. Is it the crew chief?
AgBQ-00
AG
should be able to download the appletv app and watch for free. I don't have a sub and was able to watch on appletv last year when we played on it. I think they require a user id etc but it is free.
fc2112
Moyer was a #5 starter. Great staff with Nolan Ryan, Kevin Brown, Charlie Hough and Bobby Witt. Mike Jeffcoat and Moyer were #5.

AgBQ-00
AG
Is there anywhere to watch a replay of the game from today. Was only able.to keep up with the score earlier
AgBQ-00
AG
Figured it out. It is on the Bally Sports app.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
fc2112 said:

Moyer was a #5 starter. Great staff with Nolan Ryan, Kevin Brown, Charlie Hough and Bobby Witt. Mike Jeffcoat and Moyer were #5.

And a 24 year old Kenny Rogers
dvldog
AG
I'm pretty sure they are requiring a subscription this year.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213099

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/subscription-access-apple-tv-plus-gotw

Quote:

Do I need to pay to watch the live games?

Yes. An Apple TV+ subscription is required to view live games. If you do not currently have an Apple TV+ subscription, you can get 2 free months of Apple TV+ if you sign up before July 7th. Click here for more details on the free trial offer.

AgBQ-00
AG
That sucks if true.
Danny Vermin
The good news for you that bite the bullet and get apple tv ,besides the occasional Ranger game , you get to binge Ted Lasso.
AgBQ-00
AG
Leclerc looked pretty good today
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
deGrom looked like he was gassed about 70 pitches in. I was surprised he came back out in the 6th. Good to see he's getting reps in to get stretched out. Nice performance and nice first win with the Rangers.
Double Talkin' Jive...
gigem1223
Agree. His tempo slowed down by about 5-10 seconds per pitch. When he was dealing he was typically going into his wind up around 10 seconds left, when he had his struggles in the 5th he was going into his wind up with around 3 seconds left.

vander54
S
World's worst proofreader
fc2112
vander54 said:

That's just not fair - I love it.
fc2112
BTW - in bankruptcy news - The Atlantic hd an article yesterday that MLB filed an emergency motion in the court for DSG to pay the Guardians and Twins, who DSG stiffed for their first 2023 payment. Diamondbacks were also stiffed, but their payment date was before the bankruptcy filing so they're just another creditor.

The Rangers apparently were paid their first 2023 installment (around $20 MM), along with all the rest of the clubs. So it appears DSG is trying to retain the rights of all those clubs. But even those clubs are worried.

Quote:

Several teams noted in the motion that they reserved their rights to join in the motion if Diamond also fails to pay them in the future. These teams are the Diamondbacks, Detroit Tigers, Milwaukee Brewers, Tampa Rays and Texas Rangers.
DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

BTW - in bankruptcy news - The Atlantic hd an article yesterday that MLB filed an emergency motion in the court for DSG to pay the Guardians and Twins, who DSG stiffed for their first 2023 payment. Diamondbacks were also stiffed, but their payment date was before the bankruptcy filing so they're just another creditor.

The Rangers apparently were paid their first 2023 installment (around $20 MM), along with all the rest of the clubs. So it appears DSG is trying to retain the rights of all those clubs. But even those clubs are worried.

Quote:

Several teams noted in the motion that they reserved their rights to join in the motion if Diamond also fails to pay them in the future. These teams are the Diamondbacks, Detroit Tigers, Milwaukee Brewers, Tampa Rays and Texas Rangers.

If the Twins and Guardians were missed payments after the Bankruptcy filing... I would think it would be on the court... not DSG. I would think any payment @$20M would need to be directed and approved (released) by the court.

Daily operations and routine expenses I would think would be monitored, but not necessarily approved by the court.
TexAg1822
AG
Tksymm7
AG
Hopefully he's flies up this list with a big year. He's five tool all the way.
DallasAg 94
Opening Day for Frisco, Hickory, and DownEast today.

Frisco: Announced rotation
Leiter (#5-76overall Rangers prospect) <- Opening Day
White (#3-64overall)
Roby (#12)
Frisco will be televised on MiLB for free.

Hickory: Announced rotation
Santos <- Opening Day
Rocker (#10)
Bratt (#17)

Down East:
Brock Porter (#6-92overall) <- Opening Day

alvtimes
MiLB??? Is that streamed? Trying to find that info thru google now.
rbtexan
S
There's an app you could download to watch the game.
Jimbo Franchione
Mr Gigem
AG
Here's a note on TV coverage for this weekend vs Cubs

Friday, April 7th will be carried exclusively on AppleTV+. It is important to note that as part of MLB's contract with Apple, these games are behind the paywall this year. However, Apple has put together a two-month free trial offer available through July 7th so fans can watch games for free during the during the beginning of the season.

Here's a link for a free two month trial

https://redeem.apple.com/mlbfnb2motvus?origin&itscg=80218&itsct=s_mlb_partner_2023_offer

Saturday, April 8th will be carried on BSSW locally and FS1 nationwide.

Sunday, April 9th will be available on BSSW Extra.
AgBQ-00
AG
Well guess I'll be listening on the radio.
KT 90
AG
Just saw this at the end of an Evan Grant article, for those with the Bally app:

It's also important to know the differences in Bally Sports Southwest and Bally Sports Southwest Extra, which are TV channels, and the two Bally apps: Bally Sports and Bally Sports Plus. Sounds like a lot. Right. Here's the simplest way to understand it: While the Bally Sports Plus app was helpful to find the Stars and Mavericks through workaround deals done by their respective leagues, it is of no use on the Rangers. It is a direct-to-consumer service that does not carry most MLB games. Those who may have purchased the standalone Plus app for the purpose of watching the Rangers can seek help or cancel their subscription at the Bally Sports Help Center (help.ballysports.com).

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2023/04/06/rangers-on-apple-tv-fs1-against-cubs-offering-fans-easier-chance-to-find-them-on-tv/
Tksymm7
AG
The Apple TV coverage was so awful last year the radio might be better.
gigem1223
Not the best start for Leiter tonight. 4.1 IP, 3H, 3BB, 4ER.

Taveras went 0-4

Trevor Hauver (other piece in Gallo trade) hit a grand slam.

Carter went 2-4, 3 RBIs and a stolen base. I think this kid is ready for the call by July.
DallasAg 94

Opening Day for Frisco, Hickory, and DownEast today.

Frisco: Announced rotation
Leiter <- 4.1, 3 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, SO
22 (23 in 2 weeks). Probably a fine start to the season. His issue in 2022 was control (5.4 BB/9). I know people hate BBs, but I'd prefer them to the HRs. Unfortunate he had both (2HR).

Hickory: Announced rotation
Santos (20) <-6.0 IP, 1 H, 0ER, 0 BB, 5 SO
Will be 21 in 9 days. I think he may be the P to follow. I'm easy to jump on the hot outing. Love to see him progress.

Down East:
Brock Porter (19) <- Jitters? 0.2, 1 H, 1 ER, 4BB, 1 SO
When I was a Sr in HS we played this school and our SP lost his command. Our coach was a ******, but we really had no choice but to leave him out there. We were up like 3R in the last inning. I stood there at 3B watching this poor guy on the mound. When I think of a pitcher walking 4 people in 1 inning... he comes to mind.

I'm hoping it was just jitters for Porter. I can't imagine having pitched HS last year and now going to A ball.

I think MLB did players a disservice consolidating leagues.
Tksymm7
AG
I would hope and bet that these numbers are just first start of the season nerves. Hell we saw deGrom give up 5 on opening day.
ChoppinDs40
AG
gigem1223 said:

Not the best start for Leiter tonight. 4.1 IP, 3H, 3BB, 4ER.

Taveras went 0-4

Trevor Hauver (other piece in Gallo trade) hit a grand slam.

Carter went 2-4, 3 RBIs and a stolen base. I think this kid is ready for the call by July.
have a buddy at the game and he said Taveras was wearing his Rangers uniform... so weird... even had a Ranger helmet vs. Rough Rider
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.