This is how you Dallas - Rangers vs Astros

3,782 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bullpen Chias
LihaiAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rangers just fired their manager recently sooo…doesn't count
Science Denier
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

Science Denier said:

Didn't realize anyone watched MLB.

Turnstile:
MLB: 70MM
NFL: 17MM

So, are you one of the 100 that keep going to the 700,000 games that are played during the season?
jcbaggie04
AG
Science Denier said:

Bullpen Chias said:

Science Denier said:

Turnstile:

So, are you one of the 100 that keep going to the 700,000 games that are played during the season?
To be fair, if we are comparing turnstiles, do we factor in the extra game the NFL season added. You know the 17th one? Versus the 162 game baseball schedule.
Colonel Ingus
AG
JerBu1337 said:

Thank goodness the Aggie Honor Code doesn't extend to baseball, or Houston Aggies wouldn't have an MLB team to root for.

Aggies have been caught cheating multiple times in football.
AndesAg92
AG
Pigeon88 said:

Ah good, our 3,947th pissing match between Dallas and Houston folks. That's exactly what this board was missing. Please take it to the old rivalries board.

And for the record, can we not just all agree that Houston is an unappealing area with many good people, while Dallas is an appealing area with many not-so-good people? That should leave us all equally happy and unhappy.

Pretty damn funny. And I will agree.
Houston Lee
AG
Cobra39 said:

No....I'm not talking about the brand new park that was built where you put in turf.

No....I'm not talking about the worst mascot of all time.....a jacked up baseball player wearing a horse head.

I'm talking about...2 outs in the bottom of the 10th.....runners on 1st and 2nd......Alvarez up....who has been stone cold....you walk him intentionally to load the bases....to get to Bregman ....who has been hot of late. First pitch.....wild pitch.....could not be backhanded by the new catcher just up from AAA....game over.

That is how you Dallas.

Cobra39

Sounds kind of like missing an extra point in the final seconds of a football game. (Where have I seen that before...?)
aeroag14
AG
monarch said:

Besides, IAH is ranked higher than DFW.

1) that's a joke.

2) united. That's all I have to say.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Call us back when you win a Super Bowl
K-12ArchAg
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

Science Denier said:

Turnstile:

320 NFL games, including preseason, vs. 2430 MLB games.

This isn't the burn you think it is.
1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing
AG
Buzzy said:

The Houston inferiority complex to Dallas continues.

Newsflash: It's football season, MLB is just something to watch between the end of the CWS and Week 0.

Try to keep up.

This…it's unbelievable. Dallasites never even think of Houston, but Houstonians bring up their dislike for Dallas ALL the time. Seriously, what's the deal??
LeagueCityAg
AG
Congrats on beating a rebuilding team
LeagueCityAg
AG
1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing said:

Buzzy said:

Newsflash: It's football season, MLB is just something to watch between the end of the CWS and Week 0.

Try to keep up.

This…it's unbelievable. Dallasites never even think of Houston, but Houstonians bring up their dislike for Dallas ALL the time. Seriously, what's the deal??
One-sided hate. I didn't even realize there was a "city rivalry" until I went to A&M. My Houston buddies always felt the need to talk crap about Dallas.
MooreTrucker
AG
You beat a ****ty team. Good for you I guess.

(And yes, just like Rowdy the Cowboys stupid mascot, most Rangers fans hate that horse)
MooreTrucker
AG

Buzzy said:

Try to keep up.

And they have to go after baseball because the Texans suck even worse than the Cowboys.
AndesAg92
AG

Buzzy said:

Try to keep up.

Bc Dallas is ghey and full of pretentious people that stick their noses up to everyone else. Nice looking City and the gateway from other parts of the country into Texas culture but way off of what Texas really is. Most people I know from Dallas are soft.
MooreTrucker
AG
AndesAg92 said:

Buzzy said:

Try to keep up.

Bc Dallas is ghey and full of pretentious people that stick their noses up to everyone else. Nice looking City and the gateway from other parts of the country into Texas culture but way off of what Texas really is. Most people I know from Dallas are soft.
And we could get into the many things that are wrong with Houston but that would involve wandering off into F16 territory.
Rudyjax
AG
Less than 20% of DFW actually live in Dallas.

Is it the whole metroplex that gets people panties in a wad, or just the 20% in Dallas?

1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing
AG
Great question. Who knows. Really all I've ever heard is Dallas is "stuck up and snobby". Not really sure what else they really rag Dallas about as that's all I've heard personally.

Whereas their city is hotter, more humid, more traffic, WAY more concrete, no zoning laws so you have a discombobulated town where houses are next to businesses, next to a strip club, next to another house. The Wiodlands and Kingwood are nice but the rest of Houston pretty much sucks. And their baseball team blatantly cheated and they all act like either never happened or is validated bc X, Y, and Z. Can't make this stuff up.
jkag89
Well the OP achieved his/her objective in spades, stirring up the DFW v Houston hornets nest.
Science Denier
AG
Staff,

Please move this to Rivalries.

That way, I can call people dumbasses and treat them like the need to be treated in a discussion like this. Over here, way too many people will get offended.

TIA
Rudyjax
AG
Science Denier said:

Staff,

That way, I can call people dumbasses and treat them like the need to be treated in a discussion like this. Over here, way too many people will get offended.

TIA
I already got it moved out out the premium board.
Bullpen Chias
AG
K-12ArchAg said:

Bullpen Chias said:

Science Denier said:

Turnstile:

I'm fully aware of the number of games played. My point is that it's a ridiculous statement to say "didn't realize anyone watched MLB".
Rudyjax
AG
I said no one gives a *****

I'll go to a game. Doesn't mean I give a *****

But, I refuse to go to that barn.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I wasn't talking to you
Silent For Too Long
Arlingtonians: no one cares about Houston.

Also Arlingtonians: They ****ing suck and are a bunch of cheater pants and we hate them and their city is terrible.

Ya'll are as pathetic as sips with the mental hoops you jump through trying to rationalize the "non-rivalry".
Silent For Too Long
Ken Scarborough said:

You spend your time and money on things you don't give a **** about?

That's...cool...I guess?
Rudyjax
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Ken Scarborough said:

You spend your time and money on things you don't give a **** about?

That's...cool...I guess?
A game is fun. Doesn't mean I care who wins.
zoneag
Ken Scarborough said:

Science Denier said:

Staff,

TIA
What's funny is every year there will be Cowboys threads on premium, and Houston fans don't make a stink about it. Yet start a thread about the Astros, and they get flagged relentlessly and deleted/moved. Seems like the sensitivity / insecurity is pretty one sided.
Rudyjax
AG
zoneag said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Science Denier said:

Staff,

TIA
What's funny is every year there will be Cowboys threads on premium, and Houston fans don't make a stink about it. Yet start a thread about the Astros, and they get flagged relentlessly and deleted/moved. Seems like the sensitivity / insecurity is pretty one sided.
It's more about baseball than it is about Houston.
Proposition Joe

Buzzy said:

Try to keep up.

I believe the common theory is it was a combination of the show 'Dallas' being one of the most popular on TV for the better part of the 80's, followed by Cowboys winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, and the year after that Houston loses their football team.

Like many others, I never knew there was a "rivalry" until I got to A&M and heard Houston fans talking **** about Dallas. It's very much one sided.
Science Denier
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Science Denier said:

Staff,

TIA
LMAO!!

i was wondering how I landed on this board.
Science Denier
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

K-12ArchAg said:

Bullpen Chias said:

Science Denier said:

Turnstile:

I'm fully aware of the number of games played. My point is that it's a ridiculous statement to say "didn't realize anyone watched MLB".
No, it's not ridiculous. Nobody watches MLB

When you have a ton of games, the "turnstile" doesn't mean ***** Very few baseball fans buy season tickets, and go to about 25% of the games. Even those few people that pay for every game don't really watch it. They take out clients to games, or give them the tickets and let them go by themselves.

MLB World Series Ratings
Quote:

World Series TV ratings: Improvement, but glory days are gone

The Atlanta Braves Game 6 victory over the Houston Astros, ending the 2021 World Series and bringing the title back to Atlanta for the first time in decades, averaged 11.76 million viewers on FOX.
Super Bowl Ratings
Quote:

The game aired on NBC, Telemundo and the streaming service Peacock and attracted an average of 112.3 million total viewers.
NCAA Basketball championship TV ratings
Quote:

NCAA National Championship TV Ratings: Kansas' Epic Comeback In Men's Basketball Title Game Powers Turner Sports Broadcast To 18.5M Viewer Average
NCAA College Football National Championship TV Ratings
Quote:

Although there were some concerns about this year's matchup featuring two SEC teams, the TV ratings were actually up from last year's national title game.

Monday's showdown between Alabama and Georgia had roughly 22.7 million viewers.

Texas A&M TV Ratings
Quote:

Alabama losing to Texas A&M 41-38 put up some big TV ratings.

According to TVSeriesFinale.com, the gigantic upset victory for the Aggies averaged 7.03 million viewers on CBS in the early data.

A regular season college football game had almost the same ratings as MLB World Series

Like I said, nobody watches MLB.
OriolePete
I used to Dallas. Now I Denver.

Better on my knees.
Cobra39
FireAg said:

Curious...how do you Atlanta, Astros fan?
I am not an Astros fan....my team actually has a record worse than the Rangers.

Cobra39
Cobra39
Durkin Nowitzki said:

Call us back when you win a Super Bowl
I am not a Texans fan....my team has won some Super Bowls.

Cobra39
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.