I love stuff like this....prospect hits for "homerun cycle"

2,505 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
solo shot
2 run homer
3 run homer
grand slam

Not sure what the odds are, but they have to be astronomical. I believe he hit his 4 homers in 4 consecutive innings as well.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/cardinals-prospect-chandler-redmond-hits-home-run-cycle?csp=trueanthem&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR08JG2lATz8glj40o5kpLfgxRyGN-16U7w7ZPvqYjSFb_HVfwjs4rJqUEE
62strat
AG
Aggie95 said:

solo shot
2 run homer
3 run homer
grand slam

Not sure what the odds are, but they have to be astronomical. I believe he hit his 4 homers in 4 consecutive innings as well.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/cardinals-prospect-chandler-redmond-hits-home-run-cycle?csp=trueanthem&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR08JG2lATz8glj40o5kpLfgxRyGN-16U7w7ZPvqYjSFb_HVfwjs4rJqUEE
I'm willing to bet right here and now that has never been done in mlb. That is amazing.
JABQ04
AG
Got me curious to look and yep, no MLB player has done it. Scooter Gennet from the Reds came close in 2017. He hit a GS, solo shot and two 2 run HRs in a single game. Article said he had a shot at a 3run HR his first AB but only had an RBI single.
Prosperdick
AG
JABQ04 said:

Got me curious to look and yep, no MLB player has done it. Scooter Gennet from the Reds came close in 2017. He hit a GS, solo shot and two 2 run HRs in a single game. Article said he had a shot at a 3run HR his first AB but only had an RBI single.

Few years ago Yordan came up short just needing a 3 run homer (which he had a chance at, not shown on this replay, only the homers are shown).

Of course he recently hit a 3 run homer that was pretty important.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Ags had a player several years ago who did it in high school. Might have been Kyle Parcus. My memory isn't so great anymore, but that sounds right.
Prosperdick
AG
Prosperdick said:

JABQ04 said:

Few years ago Yordan came up short just needing a 3 run homer (which he had a chance at, not shown on this replay, only the homers are shown).

One note on the video, if you watch the first home run the fan points to the railing where the ball hit (and probably left a nice dent). Dude is such a monster.
double aught
AG
One of my favorites is Fernando Tatis' 8 RBIs in one inning. No way anyone ever breaks that (or even ties it most likely).
LeftyAg89
AG
Any of you olds remember "Chicks dig the Wong ball" ?
AustinAg2K
Prosperdick said:

Prosperdick said:

JABQ04 said:

One note on the video, if you watch the first home run the fan points to the railing where the ball hit (and probably left a nice dent). Dude is such a monster.

Watch the guy that points and you'll see he actually moves out of the way instead of trying to catch it. Then look at his wife and realize that if the ball didn't hit the railing, it probably takes out his wife... I bet that made for an interesting ride home.
Prosperdick
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Prosperdick said:

Prosperdick said:

JABQ04 said:

Watch the guy that points and you'll see he actually moves out of the way instead of trying to catch it. Then look at his wife and realize that if the ball didn't hit the railing, it probably takes out his wife... I bet that made for an interesting ride home.
It wouldn't have taken her out...it would have demolished her right foot, but she would live. I agree it would be an interesting ride to the hospital to get her foot cast.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.