Freddie Freeman

1,697 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DallasAg 94
CampingAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Link

Freddie's agent apparently didn't tell him about the Braves final offer? That's criminal.
E
AG
Read about it earlier, sucks so much for him. He wanted to stay in Atlanta and his agent screwed him.
redline248
AG
Not a lot of details on the offer. Wonder how close it was to what he got from LA
EastSideAg2002
Agents gotta feed them kids
JDUB08AG
AG
Does it really work this way? Are you telling me players don't get wind of anything except through their agent?

Freeman was still seeking max money. If he really truly wanted to stay in Atlanta, he could have made that happen.
wangus12
AG
Probably depends on the player. I'm sure plenty of them get heavily involved in contract talks and then there are those who leave everything to the agent
MosesHallRAB04
AG
And of course it made the dodgers better.

F the dodgers
W
AG
Freeman is really having buyer's remorse.

apparently playing in L.A. is not Shangri-La
Faustus
He's playing well on a winning team too.

Strange situation. I imagine a lot of Braves fans have forgiven him though to the extent they held his bailing to the Dodgers against him and not management.
TXAggie2011
AG
W said:

Freeman is really having buyer's remorse.

apparently playing in L.A. is not Shangri-La
I think most ballplayers would agree playing in L.A. is a pretty desirable thing. There's certainly reasons why lots high profile athletes across all the sports make it a point to try to get out there. Freddie obviously has a strong affinity for the franchise he'd spent almost half of his entire life with and has been successful with.

If Freddie wanted to stay, Freddie could have made it happen. He was initially vocally upset with the Braves organization for how they handled the negotiations, now he's upset with his representation. It sounds like he took a passive role in the negotiations so the agent did what agents do and the Braves did what organizations do. If you really, really want something, you've got to be proactive about it.

Anyways, he may need to hash out some apologies or understandings with the Dodgers and their fan base.
Bassmaster
AG
He couldn't make it happen once the Braves signed Matt Olson.
DallasAg 94
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.