WTF La Russa

1,317 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by toucan82
cdhaggie07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He INTENTIONALLY walked a batter ON A 1-2 count, then the next batter hits a 3-run HR, dodgers take the lead and they win the game.

Then after the game he tries to defend it, but in a very weird and evasive way: ""Is there some question about whether that was good move or not?…Do you know what [Turner] hits against left-handed pitching with 0-1 or two strikes? Do you know what Muncy hits with two strikes against a left-handed pitcher? Is that really a question? We had an open base and Muncy happened to be the guy behind him and that's a better matchup…Somebody disagrees, that's the beauty of this game, they're welcome to it. But that wasn't a tough call."

I've watched a lot of baseball, that might be the dumbest most inexplicable decision I've ever seen.

I think he's losing his marbles, it might be time for the guy to retire…

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34066154/white-sox-manager-tony-la-russa-said-costly-decision-intentionally-walk-trea-turner-1-2-count-tough-call

toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe he was using the same weird stats that get shown during the games on Apple TV
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.