Toronto - Rogers Centre recommendations?

836 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by spadilly
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Looks like the wife has a work conference later this summer up in Toronto I'm going to tag along for.

Blue Jays are in town that week, so we are planning to hit at least one game. Any recommendations for best places to sit and restaurants around the ballpark? First trip to Toronto so we are coming in blind.

Also planning to hit the Hockey HOF while I'm there. Not a huge hockey fan, but I've heard it's worth visiting.
DallasAg 94
Beau Holder
AG
I second CN Tower being worth it. One of my favorite travel stories ever, while at the tower top I went to go down a staircase that only fit one person and came face to face with some guy coming up. We both motioned politely for the other to go first several times before he smiled and threw his hands up and said, "Ohh, looks like we're in a good old fashioned Canadian standoff!"

It's right by Harbourfront so swing by there. We enjoyed Ontario Place.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Depending on how much time you have, go see the Toronto Islands. Really pretty parks and great views of Lake Ontario and the city while aboard the ferry. Take the ferry to Centre Island.

Lots of good food in Toronto. Kensington market is an interesting place to people watch and get food/drinks. Ronnies Local 069 is a solid watering hole.

Go spend some time wandering around on W. Queen street. Also good people watching, places to grab a drink, and places to get a bite.

CN Tower is worth seeing. Same for hockey hall of fame.

If it's open, go check out the St. Lawrence Market.

We've got a lot of Marriott points so we usually stay at the Ritz Carlton (which is right by Rogers Centre and CN Tower) if I can use a club level upgrade certificate.
spadilly
S
Thanks everyone!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.