***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,311,666 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I think this is fair.
Given all that, it doesn't mean Carne isn't justified if he moves on to someone else he and Dusty work with better while performing at the same or higher level.
bearkatag15
AG

$63M is a lot to work with
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Does anyone think JV signs anything less than a $40MM/yr deal with someone?
bearkatag15
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

He will probably get $40-45M
Red Five
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Maybe if they offer more years? 3/$100-110MM vs 2/$80-85MM?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Just saw that on 13
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Watch out for the Mariners to make a run at him. They have money to spend and will want to strike at the Astros. Jerry Dipoto loves giving out massive contracts in free agency
tjack16
AG
spadilly said:

I'm stoked about gold themed hats and uniforms to open the season again next season. One of my favorite details and rewards of winning the WS.

Here's the 2018 version:

I'm hoping they tweak these a little bit. I'd like the navy blue letters and numbers, with gold outline.

Then gold piping down the middle
concac
AG
Just saw dude on TV holding up the gangsta Mattress Mack shirt. Is it the same guy that got his buddy to print him one?
The Porkchop Express
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AustinCountyAg
I posted this months ago, but will say it again. While Verlander will command a hefty price tag he isn't going to be like Correa and chase the biggest contract he can get. He's at the point of his career where he wants to pad stats and try to put himself in the conversation for the best to ever do it.

He will either stay with Astros or go to a contender who is built to win. Hopefully, and I think he will remain an Astro.
txags92
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Watch out for the Mariners to make a run at him. They have money to spend and will want to strike at the Astros. Jerry Dipoto loves giving out massive contracts in free agency
That would be a long way to pull Kate's horses with his F150.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
k20dub
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Anyone have any badass pictures from game 6 for a computer background?

I posted this already, but I took this with my iPhone on Saturday. I think it looks good as my background.
fullback44
AG
Red Five said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Maybe if they offer more years? 3/$100-110MM vs 2/$80-85MM?

Thats what Im thinking, 2 years $84 million or so... gets him a few more years

Yuli $4-6, he actually kicked ass in all our our playoff series

Brantly- not sure $5-8 million a year for several years?

AustinCountyAg
RealTalk said:

Just saw dude on TV holding up the gangsta Mattress Mack shirt. Is it the same guy that got his buddy to print him one?
you can literally buy those shirts everywhere on the internet right now. It isn't like the one posted on Texags was the only one in Houston
RED AG 98
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Isn't it just under $67M though?
AustinCountyAg
txags92 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

you're making a joke, but it does hold weight. Kate spends A LOT of time here in Bellville where one of her good friends has a weekend place....
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
ABC marveling at how many women are proposing to Jeremy Pena...
Breggy Popup
AG
Is the key for our World Series wins having a cause?

2017 - Houston Strong after Harvey
2022 - Do It For Dusty

Hmm...
Wabs
AG
Gangsta life

JDUB08AG
AG
Bregxit said:

2022 - Do It For Dusty

Hmm...
I mean, 2021, was do it for Dusty too right?
Breggy Popup
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Bregxit said:

2022 - Do It For Dusty

Hmm...
I mean, 2021, was do it for Dusty too right?

Was it? I don't recall hearing that like we did this year.
agdaddy04
AG
Why isn't MLBN showing it? Pretty sure they've showed them live before.
Sex Panther
AG
I don't see how Verlander does anything but remain in Houston. At this point in his career, the most important things for him have to be 300 wins (needs 56) and World Series championships. And the Astros give him the best path to both of those.

Would be really nice if he gave us a bit of a discount to ensure the team is built even stronger for success, but it's always easy for us fans to negotiate that when it's not our money.
txags92
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

txags92 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

you're making a joke, but it does hold weight. Kate spends A LOT of time here in Bellville where one of her good friends has a weekend place....
I was definitely making a joke about how he points it out in the commercials, but when a guy at his stage in his career has a fairly new wife and daughter, being somewhere they are happy and where he can be close to them as often as possible will be a big part of any decision he makes. Nobody else in the majors is going to give him a better chance for a 20+ win season next year, especially if we go out and get a couple more bats. He knows he has a bullpen capable of holding on to any lead he can give them. I think if Houston will come through with even a reasonable contract offer, he is going to stay.
atmtws
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Why isn't MLBN showing it? Pretty sure they've showed them live before.
MLB Network hates us!!!
Mathguy64
AG
Sex Panther said:

I don't see how Verlander does anything but remain in Houston. At this point in his career, the most important things for him have to be 300 wins (needs 56) and World Series championships. And the Astros give him the best path to both of those.

Would be really nice if he gave us a bit of a discount but it's always easy for us fans to negotiate that when it's not our money.
He could easily sign with LAD and accomplish those goals while living at home. And LA will need starting pitching.
Beat40
txags92 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

txags92 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

I was definitely making a joke about how he points it out in the commercials, but when a guy at his stage in his career has a fairly new wife and daughter, being somewhere they are happy and where he can be close to them as often as possible will be a big part of any decision he makes. Nobody else in the majors is going to give him a better chance for a 20+ win season next year, especially if we go out and get a couple more bats. He knows he has a bullpen capable of holding on to any lead he can give them. I think if Houston will come through with even a reasonable contract offer, he is going to stay.
Only thing is he is a big union guy. I think he'll take the biggest contract from a legit contender. Just my guess.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Sex Panther
AG
lolol Ted Cruz followed immediately by Sheila Jackson Lee... what a country!
maca1028
Seeing politicians in this parade makes by blood boil
Sex Panther
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Sex Panther said:

Would be really nice if he gave us a bit of a discount but it's always easy for us fans to negotiate that when it's not our money.
He could easily sign with LAD and accomplish those goals while living at home. And LA will need starting pitching.

That's definitely true... but does he actually live in L.A.? I've never heard that, although it wouldn't surprise me if Kate likes it there. I only hear about him and Kate living in Houston and having horses from this board.
First Page Last Page
Page 2359 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.