***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,283,241 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just cant imagine a GM getting canned right after winning the WS with a lesser budget than the team he beat.
RED AG 98
AG
Perfect. Thanks Doc!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Listened to a radio hit Chandler did on 790 in the middle of the night after the win. Basically said his read is that click will be back. Said the tone of things changed in Philly.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Just cant imagine a GM getting canned right after winning the WS with a lesser budget than the team he beat.
The sooner you realize he didn't really build the team that won it and mostly rode the coattails of Luhnow, the easier it is to understand.

Click didn't do a bad job but he not the reason for our success. If you can hire someone better and improve this team for years to come, you make the move. I imagine that is what Crane is thinking.
Texas A&M
irish pete ag06
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

The sooner you realize he didn't really build the team that won it and mostly rode the coattails of Luhnow, the easier it is to understand.

Click didn't do a bad job but he not the reason for our success. If you can hire someone better and improve this team for years to come, you make the move. I imagine that is what Crane is thinking.
You see I used to be an avid minor league and prospect guy. Kids and life have cut my baseball nerd out time down dramatically. I have no idea how he's doing on the farm. If That has been bad, then I can see it. Scouting, drafting, and developing are the major reasons why the Astros are where they are.
Silian Rail

yeah that's odd, sends a weird message.
Breggy Popup
AG
Cromagnum said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

This weakass retort. LOL. In a 60 game goofass covid season they are "WS champs"

The other thing that cracks me up is the Dodgers "cheated" by playing Justin Turner who was ineligible per the rules due to being Covid positive.
RED AG 98
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I know KHOU is streaming the parade. any other places doing it with better commentators who actually know WTF baseball is?
And now this dude is saying Yoo-ston. Is there another link?
lurker76
3 Toed Pete said:

A little history lesson for those of you too young to have followed the 86 Astros:

You saw how the Phillies were mentally finished after the Alvarez HR (and the insurance run) because they KNEW, WITH NO DOUBT, they were not scoring 3 more runs off of our bullpen. That's how dominant that bullpen was.

The 86 Mets absolutely knew they could not beat Mike Scott in a potential Game 7 and they had to finish in Game 6 or be done and they won it in 16 innings. That's how dominant Scott was that season.

Sure took a long time to exorcise those demons. And many years of Astros fans saying "if only we could have pulled out Game 6...."
Man, was that a heartbreaking game. I was working construction support at a site in Mississippi and was listening to the game on the radio at work. When the shift ended, I sat in my car to hear it on the radio hoping it would end. Finally decided to head to the condo and risk missing the rest of it for the 30ish minute drive, since we were in the middle of nowhere and radio was spotty while driving. When I got into the condo and turned the TV on, it was the crowd's reaction to the 14th inning home run to tie the game. I thought the Astros had won and were a lock for game 7 with Mike Scott. Then, it turns out it was just to tie the game. It was crushing.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
RED AG 98 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

I know KHOU is streaming the parade. any other places doing it with better commentators who actually know WTF baseball is?
And now this dude is saying Yoo-ston. Is there another link?
https://abc13.com/watch/live/11065010/
Wabs
AG
MAROON
AG
So are they just on busses? I said they are going to
Move from busses to open air vehicles ?
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
The Porkchop Express
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

Hulla Baller said:

Anyone have any badass pictures from game 6 for a computer background?
Here's a good one.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Texas A&M said:

Was this the origin of the Level Up campaign?
The Porkchop Express
AG
lurker76 said:

3 Toed Pete said:

A little history lesson for those of you too young to have followed the 86 Astros:

You saw how the Phillies were mentally finished after the Alvarez HR (and the insurance run) because they KNEW, WITH NO DOUBT, they were not scoring 3 more runs off of our bullpen. That's how dominant that bullpen was.

The 86 Mets absolutely knew they could not beat Mike Scott in a potential Game 7 and they had to finish in Game 6 or be done and they won it in 16 innings. That's how dominant Scott was that season.

Sure took a long time to exorcise those demons. And many years of Astros fans saying "if only we could have pulled out Game 6...."
Man, was that a heartbreaking game. I was working construction support at a site in Mississippi and was listening to the game on the radio at work. When the shift ended, I sat in my car to hear it on the radio hoping it would end. Finally decided to head to the condo and risk missing the rest of it for the 30ish minute drive, since we were in the middle of nowhere and radio was spotty while driving. When I got into the condo and turned the TV on, it was the crowd's reaction to the 14th inning home run to tie the game. I thought the Astros had won and were a lock for game 7 with Mike Scott. Then, it turns out it was just to tie the game. It was crushing.

Written by a Mets guy, but still good.
https://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Game-Played-Jerry-Izenberg/dp/0805005137
spadilly
S
Parade starts at noon. I think the buses are just taking them to the start of the route and they'll be on fire trucks (if it's like 2017)
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I don't think things are going bad down on the farm, I just don't know that Click had really made any groundbreaking moves, aside from Montero/Graveman?

If he is back, that is fine. If he is not retained, we have a badass ready to come in.
concac
AG
Texas A&M said:

Took me a minute to realize that was a vuvuzela and not an old woman screaming.
MAROON
AG
FYI - Blummer is on Channel 13 (abc) coverage
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
DVC2010
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Man, I have to admit... I've been out of the gritty details loop. There's actual hearsay out there that Crane wants Click gone?

Damn you Astros for roping me back into this thread. Haha.

Welcome back! We've missed you.
spadilly
S
ABC 13's stream (with Blummer):

Houston Astros World Series 2022: Watch live, route map, road closures, and more for Championship Parade in downtown Houston - ABC13 Houston
07ag
AG
MAROON said:

FYI - Blummer is on Channel 13 (abc) coverage
thanks for the heads up!
https://ts.la/eric59704
Teddy Perkins
AG
spadilly said:

Houston Astros World Series 2022: Watch live, route map, road closures, and more for Championship Parade in downtown Houston - ABC13 Houston
Wonder if this indicates Blummer's contract with ATT Sports is officially over. They best re-sign him and TK.
spadilly
S
I'm stoked about gold themed hats and uniforms to open the season again next season. One of my favorite details and rewards of winning the WS.

Here's the 2018 version:

Farmer1906
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

spadilly said:

Wonder if this indicates Blummer's contract with ATT Sports is officially over. They best re-sign him and TK.
His contract is with the Astros. He's been allowed to be on other broadcast teams before (like Youtube).
BMX Bandit
Teddy Perkins said:

spadilly said:

blum and kalas' deals are with the team, julia is with ATT.

and I also hope they are brought back.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'm going to be really upset if we don't have them back. Love Blum and TK! Very good balance in the booth and it becomes even more apparent how good they are once the postseason starts.
Wabs
AG
Beat40
ttha_aggie_09 said:

The core wasn't built by him, but he hasn't done anything to mess it up. He got a Yordan deal done. The trades this season don't hurt us long term and still helped in the post-season, albeit at a lower level than what we had hoped.

The bullpen was dominate, and a lot of that is Click's doing - Stanek, Montero, Neris. Hiring the right pitching coaches to replace Strom to bring the best out in Abreu. If the tenor of Click and Crane's relationship changed in Philly, it's because of this reason right here.

I also think people are reading too much into the Contreras thing. We don't know the details on that. Crane could have said go get me the best offer you can on Contreras and let's discuss. That whole situation actually reads to me the way a major trade should work.

I think it's more that he and Dusty don't seem to see eye-to-eye often and Dusty will win that battle with Crane 99 out of 100 times. Pretty clear there was frustration between both parties during the season this year.

Just defending him a little bit because I think he does get the "riding the coat tails of Lunhow" treatment when he has done some pretty good things.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Accurate but I still think we would've won this game!

Side note: This picture doesn't hurt nearly as much as it used to.
Teddy Perkins
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I think this is fair.
MAT
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Two of the very few longhorns I actually like.
Teddy Perkins
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 2358 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.