***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,527 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
BeowulfShaeffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GigEmMortis said:

Listening to MLB radio and the host is bleeding about Maldonado crowding the plate to get the HBP. Said it wasn't a baseball play.

I love being the most hated team in baseball
For an MLB radio host, he sure seems unfamiliar with the sport of baseball. Crowding the plate hoping to wear one is as old as the game.
jkag89
JDUB08AG said:

GigEmMortis said:

Listening to MLB radio and the host is bleeding about Maldonado crowding the plate to get the HBP. Said it wasn't a baseball play.

That's one of THE most baseball plays. So old school. Just more soy boy media takes.
For all the complaining about the FOX broadcast crew this WS, they did heap props on Machete for crowding the plate. Maldy's baseball I.Q. is just off the charts.
scd88
AG
I'm gonna miss this thread.
MarathonAg12
scd88 said:

Behind the Dodgers, we are favored to win the World Series next year!
maca1028
Good mornin'
Thinice

Just woke up sore and smelling like beer after 7 hours of standing at the Michelob Ultra Club. You could just tell Yordan's ball was gone off the bat.
HarryRocket
MarathonAg12 said:

scd88 said:

Behind the Dodgers, we are favored to win the World Series next year!

As always. The dodgers being favored. Lol.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Texas A&M said:

The last one of the year....

Luhnow at the end is the cherry on top. I love how Clanton embraces being the heel.
cone
AG
The Big Orange Machine
Mathguy64
AG
I think the off-season thread can wait a day or so. It's not officially the off season until after the parade.
maca1028
Happy Sunday!
CT75
AG
Quick question for those that follow the player contracts.....How many year does Altuve have on his contract?

Next....How many more years has he got in his tank?

I have been sitting around pondering that for a few days. I hope he never wears another uniform personally.
Panama Red
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I think the off-season thread can wait a day or so. It's not officially the off season until after the parade.

On that notes, Parade is Monday.
BMX Bandit
CT75 said:

Quick question for those that follow the player contracts.....How many year does Altuve have on his contract?

Altuve & Bregman both signed through 2024
MosesHallRAB04
AG
About the schwarber bunt in the 8th. If the Astros had a heavy shift on him it's not an awful idea. They were down 3 and needed base runners.

That said only trying it with 2 strikes? Thats baffling.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
CT75 said:

Next....How many more years has he got in his tank?

I have been sitting around pondering that for a few days. I hope he never wears another uniform personally.
Altuve is signed through 2024. He has said he wants to finish his career here, but I'm not sure how many more years he has. He's been in the league since 2011, so he'd have 13 years in by the end of his contract.
HTownAg98
Absolutely a good play with less than two strikes. With two strikes, it's throwing in the towel.

Also why that fourth run was so important. Made the bullpen's job so much easier. One base runner can't hurt you. Get two on, and things change.
tylercsbn9
AG
Anyone else notice the Phillies were an absolutely different team at the plate after Yed's HR?

For most of the series….especially game 5 every at bat was a battle. The last three innings I felt they were just shell shocked. A number of one or two pitch at bats. KS bunting with two strikes…etc. It seems they just went into a shell and knew it was over after the HR.
AustinAg2K
tylercsbn9 said:

Anyone else notice the Phillies were an absolutely different team at the plate after Yed's HR?

For most of the series….especially game 5 every at bat was a battle. The last three innings I felt they were just shell shocked. A number of one or two pitch at bats. KS bunting with two strikes…etc. It seems they just went into a shell and knew it was over after the HR.

Absolutely what happened. I think it was Harold Reynolds on the MLB Network who said that was a, "We're better than you" HR. Just devastating.
Verne Lundquist
AG
I didn't believe in the bullpen for a while but those mofos turned it on in the post season

CONGRATULATIONS TO US!
GarryowenAg
AG
Agreed. They looked ABSOLUTELY defeated after that HR.
CFTXAG10
AG
The phrase is overused but last night "was a movie!"

1) Walking from the courthouse to street fest we run into Mack. Hug. Take pics. Tell him he's a legend.
2) Get inside street fest, waiting in line for a beer, see Paul Wall. Dap up and take a few pics.
3) Get inside the park and it was electric from first pitch to last. Nothing like the ALDS and ALCS.
4) Drank way too much but its the most worth it hangover ever
5) Hugs all around on the final out, stayed until they kicked us out
6) Hi fives, chunking up H's to Houston traffic, honking the horn a ton (threw in a few hullabaloos)
7) Whataburger

Just epic. My phone is a **** show. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIENDS!
HTownAg98
Verne Lundquist said:

I didn't believe in the bullpen for a while but those mofos turned it on in the post season

CONGRATULATIONS TO US!

It didn't seem to matter how many times they saw Abreu or Pressly. That's just flat out dominance.
All I do is Nguyen
Again I am so thankful for this thread and community. I don't have a lot of places I can go for some, somewhat, productive sports conversations, but this thread always always delivers.

No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
JohnLA762
AG
Still vibin' this morning!

3 Toed Pete
AG
Shortest lived phrase occurred after game 3 and was dead by game 4:

"No one wants to play at the effing Bank"
cone
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

wish we could get "**** y'all" trending on twitter
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
RangerRick9211
AG
Morning Philly.

bigjag19
AG
I asked last night but lost in everything.

We got Harper in the shift in the 1st.

Did anyone from either team get out in the shift after?
pirmag
AG
GigEmMortis said:

Nobody said a word when Realmuto moved his leg into the path of the pitch to draw the HBP in the first inning.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
It occurs to me the astros had the last pitcher hit, and the last shift. The benefits of playing in the last game of the season every year.
MarathonAg12
My mom and sister came through today. Got me few shirts and hat at Academy. Christmas came early.

San Antonio Academy's are stocked!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 2342 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.