***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,311,647 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got done with the party Downtown. Holy hell. There was a dude climbing the light pole in the center of Main, fireworks going off near Bovine & Barley, trucks rolling by with three guys hanging out each window and one holding a flag in the bed, all walks of life just rolling in it together. The line for Frank's wrapped around the block.

Bury us in the H.
AggieUSMC
AG
Quote:

Just got done with the party Downtown. Holy hell. There was a dude climbing the light pole in the center of Main, fireworks going off near Bovine & Barley, trucks rolling by with three guys hanging out each window and one holding a flag in the bed, all walks of life just rolling in it together. The line for Frank's wrapped around the block.

Bury us in the H.
Unless there were women celebrating topless in the streets, nuns dancing on top of vehicles, and police officers toasting beer with underage children, it ain't s**t.
cone
AG
cone
AG
FrioAg 00
AG
JohnLA762 said:

An L of an Ag said:

Favorite playoff moments?!? Come ON y'all!!!

Bryce Harper and Seattle were the first two?!?!?

To me the best moment of the post season was Yordans HR in the first game vs. Seattle. Set the tone for the whole damn thing!

Yup, told them workd we would not be denied.
Hwy30East
EastCoastAgNc said:

Has there ever been more of an EXCLAMATION point Home Run in Baseball history???

Just WOW!!!
Dr. Doctor
AG
The dude in the orange suit, if it's the same one, ran a 5k Saturday morning at back pew brewing.

Got a shot of him running it. Full mask and all.

~egon
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

How does this one rank for yall compared to 2017? I am not nearly as emotional, this one was more based on spite and shutting people up for me. We were clearly the best team, and proved it. 2017 was something I thought would absolutely never happen.
2017 was definitely the more emotional. It was the first WS for the 'Stros. My dad was still here to see that, but I have to believe he was looking down on what transpired last night.

Definitely agree with the spite and shutting people up notion. F anyone who wants to put an asterisk next to 2017.
DavysApprentice
AG
I still can't get over the Schwarber bunt with two strikes against Abreu. One of the greatest things I have ever seen
cone
AG
surrender cobra

which isn't fair because that dude is a complete warrior

he's an adventure in left field but my god Schwarber was out of his mind this postseason at the plate
Ag_07
AG
Holy hell what a game, night, team!!!

We watched from deer camp where reception is spotty at best. We took turns holding phones in the exact right spot and on pins and needles as the feed lagged and refreshed BUT we saw every minute and watched in pure bliss as Tuck caught that foul ball. I somehow peeled myself out of my bunk to sit here in this blind this morning.

This is great not only for revenge from 2017 but for some these guys who don't have a ring. Pressly, Neris, Uncle Mike, Maldy, Trey Mancini etc etc. And of course Dusty Baker.

And my God that Yordan shot was something to behold. I know we've said a lot 'I don't really think we've seen him really get ahold of one'. Well...I think we have. Humans don't hit balls where he hit that one.

Harold Reynolds nailed it during the post game...It was over when that ball left the park. No way we were coughing that lead up and everyone knew it.

I love you MFers!!!

Oh yeah...This shlt ain't over yet. We've got a squad and well be favorites to do it again next year.
jetch17
AG
Waking up tingly
Bonfired
AG
In the spirit of positive reflection, I'm going to give a little bit of love to a couple of forgotten dudes.

Ryne Stanek and Jose Urquidy.

3 2/3 scoreless in the Game 3 cleanup of McCullers' disastrous start. Kept us from even having to consider using others to finish that off. In the Astros ecosystem, they were buzzards cleaning up some roadkill.

"Found a way to win" gets overused, but this group really exemplified it.

Need a few more runs to rescue a rough start? OK, we'll go find them (Game 1 ALDS, Alvarez H-bomb #1 (that one was Fat Man, last night's was Little Boy)).

Need to put up 2 games worth of zeros to keep up with Seattle's Game 3 pitching? We'll go deep in the well (Luis Garcia's effort to finish that off was his moment of the postseason).

Need to flash some leather to hang on to a win? We got some of that, too (Mancini and McCormick in Game 5, that's you).

I'm with some of y'all that this one feels much more like "all y'all can kiss our ass" vindication. Much different feeling than 2017, but no less happy.
Bag
AG
DavysApprentice said:

I still can't get over the Schwarber bunt with two strikes against Abreu. One of the greatest things I have ever seen

The Yordan blast literally broke Schwarber and the entire Phillies team. They could have just ended the game right there.

This is a great example of learning to win. All the talent in the world is great but learning to win is how u separate the men from the boys.
AggieMD95
AG
Yordan homers in game one and the final game of the postseason are incredible bookends to a storybook run!

And that bullpen ?! Are you kidding me ?

Go Astros ! 2022 champs !
MarathonAg12
Woke up as a World Series Champion this morning
PhatMack19
AG

Bag
AG
I have listened to pretty much every game this year on the radio. Pretty cool experience because you really get to know the team, they almost become part of ur family.

This team was unflappable, nothing phased them. Unbreakable.

It also helps that they are easily the most likeable group of teammates I have witnessed in my time of following organized sports. A bunch of dudes that truly love each other.

I personally believe this dynasty is karma sent from the baseball gods as retribution for all the ridiculous cheating hype and sanctimonious blow hards. Yankees and red Sox busted doing the same thing, not a word.

Bury me in the H
jamesf
AG
DavysApprentice said:

That was the point where I knew that we were going to come out on top.
dshedd41
S
I didn't sleep much last night. Got this hat right when the store opened. So proud of this team!
Gig’em Aggies!
Beerosch
AG
Dan Shedd said:

I didn't sleep much last night. Got this hat right when the store opened. So proud of this team!

Mask outside?
dshedd41
S
Yes, mask outside. Forgot to take it off for the picture.
Gig’em Aggies!
scd88
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Here is to 73k plus posts and 3.4MM views.

And a ring. Please dear 7 lb 2 oz baby jesus with the blond hair, blue eyes and kung fu grip let there be a shiny ring at the end.

As of this morning:

4.34 M views
81,849 replies
World Series champions!

ETA - the post I quoted was from page 1 if this thread on 4/5/22. Do yourself a favor and go back there even if it's for just a few pages.

tremble
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Woke up hung over AF.

Still worth it.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
What page was the yordan bomb on?
tailgatetimer10
AG
AustinCountyAg
Dan Shedd said:

Yes, mask outside. Forgot to take it off for the picture.

I'm gunna assume you had the mask on because you were spraying Astros graffiti artwork on a building after the victory, not because you think it's gunna keep you safe from the covid….
MarathonAg12
tremble said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Woke up hung over AF.

Still worth it.

I'm in a course right now at Fort Sam Houston. Was able to watch the game but get lit? Not as much.

Monday night I'll go ham
The Porkchop Express
AG
People will come, Jim

They'll come to Houston for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up at your stadium, not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past.

"Of course, we won't mind if you look around," you'll say. "It's only $700 for SRO." They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it. For it is money they have, and another championship they lack.

"And they'll walk out to the bleachers, and sit in shirt-sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes.

And they'll watch the game, and it'll be as if they'd dipped themselves in magic waters. memories will be so thick, they'll have to brush them away from their faces.

People will come, Jim. The one constant through all the years, Jim, has been baseball.

Houston has rolled by like an army of steamrollers.

It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again.

But baseball has marked the time.

This field, this game - it's a part of our past, Jim. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.

Ohhhh, people will come Jim. People will most definitely come.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
HTownAg98
One play that hasn't been mentioned was Altuve hustling to first to avoid the double play in the sixth. For a guy who'd been struggling, that was a "we're pulling out all the stops right now" play, along with Maldonado standing on the plate to get hit, to get something going. It's also one of those little plays that, when you keep doing them over and over win you a championship.
Panama Red
AG
What did you watch last night?
CT75
AG
bullard21k said:

It's 1:15 in the morning. Can someone explain what the flying F Kyle Schwarber was doing try to bunt for a hit with 2 strikes?

I mean I'm still in disbelief somebody swinging such a hot bat and hitting seeds all over the yard this series literally just struck out trying to bunt.
That's the exact moment I knew the Astros had won. He was frustrated and said "oh F it" ....and let his frustrations act out IMO. It was his version of shooting the bird with with both hands and walking away.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
just noticed, on the last foul ball, dusty didnt look. He saw it was in play and then starting writing on his lineup card, or score card.
TX04Aggie
AG
Went to game. It was electric when Yordan hit it over the green H. Almost ran into Kate Upton coming out of bathroom. She is stunning, can confirm. What a win! Peña is everything I hoped he would be. Glad Dusty got one. Downtown was wild and ratchet as hell after the game last night. So many things that you would only see in the Tine.
Channelling LMJ here; but bury me in the MF H!
CT75
AG
Hwy30East said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Has there ever been more of an EXCLAMATION point Home Run in Baseball history???

Just WOW!!!

The exit velocity of that ball off the bat was so fast...watching live (at home) I didn't even see the ball leave the bat. In fact, for a split second I thought he had swung and missed.
First Page Last Page
Page 2339 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.