***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,052 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15 said:

framber and yordan on MLB network now... good television

Great interviews. Both went into a lot more detail about their approach than most players do in an interview. I feel like they open up more because they are taking to Pedro, or maybe they've just had enough alcohol.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
How does this one rank for yall compared to 2017? I am not nearly as emotional, this one was more based on spite and shutting people up for me. We were clearly the best team, and proved it. 2017 was something I thought would absolutely never happen.
agdaddy04
AG
Bigballin said:

Kashchei said:

suburban cowboy said:

we are the Oilers now

More like the 90s Braves...
Just like it...[sarcasm]
nice find. Remember seeing that ****
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Man we're lucky there was no game 7
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Candid Pressly is a damn good interview.
Bigballin
AG
ChAg1799 said:

For Fsss sake... Dusty gonna Dusty. Managing like he is still in the regular season.
managed just like the regular season
cone
AG
guilty as charged

it's okay to be wrong
SW-14
AG
Still working towards that
W
AG
Bigballin said:

Kashchei said:

suburban cowboy said:

we are the Oilers now

More like the 90s Braves...
Just like it...[sarcasm]
yes, there are many, many great things about this championship...

and a big one from a historical standpoint...no more comparisons to the 90's Braves.

they only won 1 title --- the Astros have 2
agdaddy04
AG
Not near as emotional as 2017. Back then I was buying **** every step of the way and thinks it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Even though this is only number 2, feeling pretty spoiled with how good this team is. It's still rare tho and need to realize that
bmc13
AG
still can't stop smiling
cone
AG

absolutely legendary

dead red center 112 off the bat

unreal
Farmer1906
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

How does this one rank for yall compared to 2017? I am not nearly as emotional, this one was more based on spite and shutting people up for me. We were clearly the best team, and proved it. 2017 was something I thought would absolutely never happen.

2017 was magical. I don't think it will ever be replicated in my sports world unless A&M gets a national title. But that doesn't take anything away from this year. This year feels more like, we've been good, we're still good, and we just proved it to the world. This year feels inevitable. It was just a matter of time until we got the 2nd ring. When you go back and look at the history books, few teams will have a clear argument that they were better than the 2022 Astros. 106 regular season wins & 11-2 in the postseason. Wow!
Bigballin
AG
BadAggie said:

Last years ALCS, feels the same
just the same
KCup17
AG

2017 was by far the more emotional of the 2 for me. Because that was the first time in my lifetime I had seen my childhood team win a trophy. This one was way more gratifying though. Still ran around the house on the Yordan dinger. But this year's was just a little different in its own right.
HECUBUS
AG
What a great season. Peña is going to be a $uper $tar. What the heck will we do now?
Farmer1906
AG
HECUBUS said:

What a great season. Peña is going to be a $uper $tar. What the heck will we do now?

DRINK!
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
BadAggie
AG
F_CK ROB MANFRED
F_CK BOB COSTAS
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

2017 was magical. I don't think it will ever be replicated in my sports world unless A&M gets a national title. But that doesn't take anything away from this year. This year feels more like, we've been good, we're still good, and we just proved it to the world. This year feels inevitable. It was just a matter of time until we got the 2nd ring. When you go back and look at the history books, few teams will have a clear argument that they were better than the 2022 Astros. 106 regular season wins & 11-2 in the postseason. Wow!
I think 2017 was so weighty because it was the first one and it was coupled with all that happened around Harvey. This one is great in different ways and equally as enjoyable.
Bigballin
AG
tjack16 said:

87 wins. 87 effing wins.

Pathetic.
Yep, and they [philly] are pathetic
tremble
AG
Drinking cocktails with my wife, 2 month old baby girl sleeping on my chest, watching MLB post-game coverage.

Life is good gents.
cone
AG
comp to the Big Red Machine now
maca1028
BadAggie said:

F_CK ROB MANFRED
F_CK BOB COSTAS
F_CK KEN ROSENTHAL

Forgot one
BadAggie
AG
wessimo
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Boys we made it!!!

Lol. Check the username.
RangerRick9211
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Not near as emotional as 2017. Back then I was buying **** every step of the way and thinks it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Even though this is only number 2, feeling pretty spoiled with how good this team is. It's still rare tho and need to realize that

'17 was necessary. It was more than the game for literally everyone in my life.

I've been insufferable on r/baseball this year. Hoes have moved on from mad to salt. Just a big middle finger to everyone and they can't say **** because we did the damn thing.

Feels this time are all for Dusty. This is more "**** you, of course we did it" vs "we did it!".
cone
AG
so many demons were exorcised tonight

so many hoes are mad

so many pencil dick sports writers have to grin and eat ****

this is really really sweet
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Anybody got a good loan person? I'm about to spend a fortune on championship gear.
BadAggie
AG
Bigballin
AG
Ags #1 said:

Pathetic that we lost game 1. At some point we have to beat these teams of destiny
Destiny....
R-Dog
AG

Is there a greater image than this?
amercer
AG

2017 was so different. It was a bunch of young optimistic kids and fans who couldn't believe their luck that a team like that got put together after some terrible years.

2022 and everyone is hard, grizzled, and a little bitter. Hell, that 2019 team may be the best team we've ever had. And the run last year that was half awesome half train wreck. And every person in America constantly taking **** about the Astros. **** em.
RangerRick9211
AG
tremble said:

Drinking cocktails with my wife, 2 month old baby girl sleeping on my chest, watching MLB post-game coverage.

Life is good gents.

Only good thing about moving from the Tine to west coast are the games are pre-3 year old's bed time.

She's still singing the Stars at Night now.
JohnLA762
AG
We are on top of the world! I want to tip my cap to our banned brothers that can't celebrate with us!

First Page Last Page
Page 2334 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.