***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,311,625 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm cool with Dusty unless he brings in LMJ at any point.
BCSGrubber
AG
It's Game Day!!! LFG!!!

RangerRick9211
AG
BCSGrubber said:

It's Game Day!!! LFG!!!

Hold up from the west coast. But I did have dinner with some Mariner fans tonight which was fun.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!
tjack16
AG
Manifesting it… but THIS MAN WILL GO DEEP TONIGHT!
tjack16
AG
BASEBALL GODS….. make them pay!!
Eso si, Que es

Let's F/cking Go!
Bag
AG
Would love a stress free 12-0 win lol

Fat chance...
cone
AG
Hi, Im Brett
AG
soon.

All I do is Nguyen
We've exercised a lot of demons these playoffs and World Series, tonight we break the 0-3 in game 6s of the WS curse!!!
k20dub
djmeen95
AG
jkag89
Hi, Im Brett said:

soon.
Soon? Still 12+ hours away and I'm already bouncing off the walls.
All I do is Nguyen
mwm
Let's get it on.
jkag89
All I do is Nguyen said:

We've exercised a lot of demons these playoffs and World Series, tonight we break the 0-3 in game 6s of the WS curse!!!
DavysApprentice
AG
Just rewatched the main highlights of game six of 2019 World Series so we can figure out what not to do in this game.

First off, That 2019 nationals team had some great players and like the Phillies their level of play during the postseason didn't match their regular season record at all. In game 6, Strasburg went 8 and 1/3 which totally saved their pen for game 7 and sherzer on the mound

I am of the opinion that our pen is much better this year than that year. In fact, in that game the only clean inning by a reliever was Ryan pressly after JV gave up 3 runs after going five. Peacock and devenski got knocked around pretty good.

The turning point of that game was when turner got called for base line interference which looked like a break for the stros but then Rendon went yard and put them up 3-2. It was all downhill after that on our way to a 7-2 loss.

I think the keys to the game is getting to wheeler early and hoping they didn't make adjustments to deal with Framber. Also Framber needs to be landing his curves. In game 2 he only landed like 30 percent of them in the zone. I expect they will be laying off pitches and trying to sit and wait on a fastball. If Framber lands early breaking stuff in the zone that gets a lot harder for them to do

Overall, I like our setup this year as compared to 2019. The Phillies don't have Strasburg and Sherzer and their Pen has been taxed a lot and our hitters have pretty much seen them all by now. They key for us is going to be to scratch those runners across that get into scoring position early in innings. We can't keep getting runners on third with no outs and not get them across.

Or Yordan can just go 4-4 with two home runs and six RBIs.

Go stros!
Ag_07
AG
It's not opinion it a fact that our BP is better than it was in 2019.

This BP is better than any BP ever with the exception of like 3 others.

They're historically good.
Jet Black
Difference is the Phillies don't have Strasburg and Scherzer.
Wabs
AG
Their strategy is going to include not swinging at Framber's curve until (and if) they have 2 strikes. The key to a W for us is Framber throwing that curve for strikes early.
Beat40
Wabs said:

Their strategy is going to include not swinging at Framber's curve until (and if) they have 2 strikes. The key to a W for us is Framber throwing that curve for strikes early.
If he can locate his fastball, they will have to swing at the curve. But yeah, that's the game plan - lay off the curve if he's wild with it and force him to throw fastballs and try to locate them.

If he goes 1-2-3 in the first and we put up a 2 or 3 runs in the first, that game plan will be harder to execute.
Wabs
AG
Beat40 said:

Wabs said:

If he can locate his fastball, they will have to swing at the curve. But yeah, that's the game plan - lay off the curve if he's wild with it and force him to throw fastballs and try to locate them.

If he goes 1-2-3 in the first and we put up a 2 or 3 runs in the first, that game plan will be harder to execute.
BayAg_14
Let it be done. Praying for a Yordong tonight.

bigfooticus
Ciboag96 said:

Ahhh Native Houstonian nostalgia. Remember watching a skinny young man in the '80s jumping in the air in a damn furniture commercial while waiting patiently for Paul Boesch to announce who Junkyard Dog was going to THUMP next. Now that guy is throwing a pitch in the 6th game of the World Series.

Definitely turned out better than the 'need a new roof?! Llama Mr Norman' guy!
Nino Brown
Already tired off hearing Philly fans.

Bring it biatches

Ag_07
AG
Framber just needs to have the CB working good enough that it looks like a strike early and disappears. If the hooks working like that they'll be swinging but missing. They won't stand a chance.

Anyone else think its nuts how few double plays for both sides have happened in this series? Has there been one turned at all?
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Framber just needs to have the CB working good enough that it looks like a strike early and disappears. If the hooks working like that they'll be swinging but missing. The won't stand a chance.

Anyone else think its nuts how few double plays for both sides have happened in this series? Has there been one turned at all?

Yes. Framber has a huge one vs Harper last start.
astros4545
AG
Ag_07 said:

Framber just needs to have the CB working good enough that it looks like a strike early and disappears. If the hooks working like that they'll be swinging but missing. They won't stand a chance.

I've thought that all playoffs

Double plays are non existent anymore
WdlsAg
Ciboag96 said:
Ahhh Native Houstonian nostalgia. Remember watching a skinny young man in the '80s jumping in the air in a damn furniture commercial while waiting patiently for Paul Boesch to announce who Junkyard Dog was going to THUMP next. Now that guy is throwing a pitch in the 6th game of the World Series.

Classic memories here! 10 blue stars!
Ciboag96
bigfooticus said:

Ciboag96 said:

Thanks. You've successfully resurrected that ear worm from deep hibernation. Lol
cone
AG
we put the yee haw back in your motor and transmission
Wabs
AG
They announced roof open or closed yet?
Beau Holder
AG
It is time.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
If anyone is going to the game today will you please record the reception Mattress Mack receives? I want to see/hear how loud Minute Maid gets for him. Should be awesome.
First Page Last Page
Page 2269 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.