***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,593 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
'STROS IN 6 or GTFO!!!

LFG!
RED AG 98
AG
Here's a little longer clip of that Dero segment on MLB talking about Chas' catch and the multisport aspect

Farmer1906
AG

MarathonAg12
**** philly
barbacoa taco
AG
Glad there's not a game tonight. I need a break from the stress.
MarathonAg12
The wait is actually worse for me
tjack16
AG
So are people willing to admit now that the rain out didn't benefit Philly?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The off day is good for Yuli's recovery and ability to contribute in the series going forward.
Ciboag96
Farmer1906 said:

barbacoa taco
AG
had we lost i'd feel the same. but having a rest day knowing we need to win 1/2 at home makes today more relaxing.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I just hit the fatigue wall from last night's revelries and 3 hours of post-game posting.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Coby
AG
No. It benefited them. We're just that much better.
gigemJTH12
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I just hit the fatigue wall from last night's revelries and 3 hours of post-game posting.
I am literally sick right now from lack of sleep.

happens every October
kegstand
AG
Astros possibly teasing throwback unis?
FrioAg 00
AG
tjack16 said:

Absolutely not. Syndergaard is by far their worst starting pitcher - get got 2 runs in 3 inning against him.

With him on the mound for game 3 we very well might have beat them, then followed it up with our hottest pitcher in Game 4 (Javier).

What I will say is that we overcame the positive that delay was for phili.
RED AG 98
AG
I know this was juuust a bit rhetorical at this point as it seems to have worked ok for us . But JV also mentioned in the post game interview that it was huge for him. He got to throw 2 full bullpens and nail down a few tweaks in his mechanics, notably on the off speed stuff.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

it did benefit them, but it was never as big of a benefit as some here and media wanted to make it out to be.
Mathguy64
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Mathguy64 said:

bigjag19 said:

Also what tournament is this?

End of season rec tourney. It's been scheduled since before the season started.
Do what you gotta do.

It's on artificial fields. Short of a tornado they are playing. And all lightning will do is delay it. I'm hoping to be home in time to see the last couple of innings. I don't want to make it worse.
All I do is Nguyen
Preseason hype video from Bregman's YouTube channel
Jet Black
Texas A&M said:

McClain must be one of those people that is never happy. Here's his post after the win.

Sounds like some of our fans.
Mathguy64
AG
I was trying to find the catch prob for Chas' play last night but can't convince statcast to show it.

You have any clue what it was? I know the xBA was .630
aggiederelict
My son may have a rescheduled tee ball game tomorrow. Not sure what time. But if it is during the WS I will tell him to get an Uber and hope he plays well. Figure it out kid this is the WS.

aTm2004
AG
aTm2004
AG
aggiederelict said:

My son may have a rescheduled tee ball game tomorrow. Not sure what time. But if it is during the WS I will tell him to get an Uber and hope he plays well. Figure it out kid this is the WS.

My daughter has a softball tournament that starts tonight. If it rains this afternoon, I fully expect to be watching some of Game 6 on my phone.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't blame McCain for thinking about 2019. We were the better team. We were going home up 3-2. We failed to finish the job then. A lot of people can't turn the page without proof. That's okay.

I feel confident in this squad. I think they slam the door shut on Saturday.
AggieDub25
No way this team loses 2 games in a row this year. Not a chance in hell they let 2019 happen all over again. I expect them to come out on fire tomorrow night and wrap this thing up for Dusty. I honestly think we have an offensive explosion. We are beyond due for it.
HarryRocket
Harry Crow

1. I've gone hard at Mancini wanting him to not see the field again, my current take is hoping the defensive play has switched his brain so I now lean to hoping he starts at DH…. But man I hope Yuli is ok.

2. Harper is elite, we're clearly not letting him beat us and he's still getting his knocks, not chasing.

He's still a ***** though. (Who I would Love I see play for the Astros)
amercer
AG
Good teams lose two in a row all the time.

They also win three in a row all the time.
htxag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I don't blame McCain for thinking about 2019. We were the better team. We were going home up 3-2. We failed to finish the job then. A lot of people can't turn the page without proof. That's okay.

Thinking about it and tweeting/writing about it in the immediate aftermath of celebrating a World Series win to go up 3-2 are two completely different things.
HarryRocket
amercer said:

Good teams lose two in a row all the time.

They also win three in a row all the time.
****ing baseball, man
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I'll never forget the sinking feeling leaving MMP after 2019 game 7. The stadium has never felt so depressed IMO.

This team is different though. Our bullpen is deeper and these guys know what it's like to lose 2 World Series now that they could have (and should have) won. They won't let that happen again
Frok
AG
htxag09 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Thinking about it and tweeting/writing about it in the immediate aftermath of celebrating a World Series win to go up 3-2 are two completely different things.

Give him a break, they ran out of chili fries at the Texans game. He was probably still upset.
Wabs
AG
Deluxe
AG
Chase Utley was the alleged king of sign steal/relaying.
Beau Holder
AG
What an absolute team win and a legendary Game 5. The crowd at Kirby seeing Chas' catch on the big screen was a religious experience.

Wish we had baseball to watch today but I think my heart can use the day off.
First Page Last Page
Page 2261 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.