***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,315,028 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

For having such a ****ty bullpen, the Phillies' bullpen is dominating us.

FWIW I don't think they have a shltty BP they just don't have any depth. Their 2 go-to guys are pretty good. Alvarado and Dominguez are good arms.

We haven't forced them to use their lesser guys in big spots. They've been able to use their high leverage guys when they needed them and protect their other guys either in games we were already ahead (GM 2) or they were ahead big (GM 3).

Also the weather delay allowed them to use Suarez in the pen in GM 1 without it biting them in the ass.

We have the better pen but like I mentioned earlier we haven't been able to flex that strength.
cone
AG
even i think you're annoying
Beau Holder
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Everyone knows I'm the best fan. I can show you the #s.

Won't disagree.
Farmer1906
AG

The Porkchop Express
AG
I've gotten Carpal Tunnel from hitting the Permanent Ignore button on this thread in the last 5 days.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Frok
AG
It's that time of year where I realize how foolish it is to put so much hope in a sports team.

https://babylonbee.com/news/women-are-so-emotional-says-man-whos-grumpy-all-weekend-if-favorite-sportsball-team-loses
All I do is Nguyen
I'll just go ahead and say it, the Phillies BP is really good. Their hitters are on point and they have all the momentum.

The Astros definitely have an uphill battle.
All I do is Nguyen
The Porkchop Express said:

I've gotten Carpal Tunnel from hitting the Permanent Ignore button on this thread in the last 5 days.
Put some Bengay or other topical cream on that. I know some good stretches to help with carpal tunnel too
Hi, Im Brett
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I'll just go ahead and say it, the Phillies BP is really good. Their hitters are on point and they have all the momentum.

The Astros definitely have an uphill battle.

Should have won game 1 and could very easily be 2-1 Astros right now. Win tonight and momentum shifts again. Just enjoy the World Series.
FrioAg 00
AG
It takes one game, and maybe as few as a couple of at-bats to completely change the trajectory
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Im sure its been mentioned, but evan gattis had a go at astros fans last night on twitter.
TREX01
Unfortunately teams that choke away WS games typically lose the series. It's like making a couple of errors in the bottom of the 9th. Everything is on the line and the extra outs kill you. In this case, we will be looking back at game 1 for years to come, wondering "What If"
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Im sure its been mentioned, but evan gattis had a go at astros fans last night on twitter.
Was discussed. He was likely under the influence. Had some borderline racial stuff too. Not a good look.
texasaggie2015
AG
We're winning tonight and the tone of this thread will be completely different tomorrow.
HarryRocket
Tonight…

We win, I love our chances

They win, I don't like our chances.

I say it's more must win for them!! (Yes I'm reaching but…)

If they lose they have to win 2/3 against Verlander (still JV), Framber and 2 are in Houston, and they have a bullpen game to throw, wheeler is out of gas and the boys would have seen nola for the 3rd time in a week.

A lot of things are in our favor. Step away from the cliff and get Altuve and Alvarez some chickens to harvest.
Beau Holder
AG
Really stoked to see Javier on this stage. Just hope Nola's game 1 showing wasn't a blip.
texasaggie2015
AG
Somebody in this thread needs to volunteer and find a slumpbuster for tonight. You have now until first pitch.
f1ghtintexasaggie
TREX01 said:

Unfortunately teams that choke away WS games typically lose the series. It's like making a couple of errors in the bottom of the 9th. Everything is on the line and the extra outs kill you. In this case, we will be looking back at game 1 for years to come, wondering "What If"

**** that noise. The series isn't over.
rgt99
We are going to win, enough of the what ifs. We take care of business tonight!!!!
Hi, Im Brett
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Was discussed. He was likely under the influence. Had some borderline racial stuff too. Not a good look.

still at it today. Hacked maybe
linkdude
AG
Listened to the Beatles all morning and mellowed out a bit from last night. Ready to do it all over again, on the winning side this time!
Deluxe
AG
Beau Holder said:

No, I reaaallly want to win. Perhaps not as much as you want to sniff your own farts on a message board about how much better a fan you are.
As much as I love to sniff my own farts and flex about my Astros fanhood (and believe me, I DO), I feel like I owe you one TLDR of my problem with your posts. Then I'll try to let it go and stop with my Beau-bashing.

I don't think your "error" is in observing the localized claim that our offense can go cold at times. Anyone who watched most of our games this year can see that.

It's more that you don't seem to realize that all good offenses go through cold stretches. Cold stretches aren't unique to this Astros team. Almost every team that loses in October does so because their offense went cold to some extent.

The Dodgers had the best offense in baseball this year by a wide margin. In the ALDS, they scored 1 run from the 4th inning of game 2 through the 3rd inning of game 4. Having the best offense in baseball didn't make them immune from a costly cold stretch effectively ending their season.

The Phillies had the 11th ranked offense in baseball this year and are killing everyone. How does that happen? They went cold with more frequency than the Astros did this year. The Phillies message board version of Beau Holder has probably gone into hiding (although he may have popped out for a second during g2).

There isn't much correlation between regular season offense and playoff performance anyway. Here's a quick list of the top offenses this year per fWAR and where they stand today:

1. Dodgers ELIMINATED
2. Yankees ELIMINATED
3. Cardinals ELIMINATED
4. Mets ELIMINATED
5. Blue Jays ELIMINATED
6. Astros WORLD SERIES
7. Braves ELIMINATED
8. Brewers ELIMINATED
9. Mariners ELIMINATED
10. Indians ELIMINATED

Farmer has posted a lot of stats this year comparing our offense to the best ones in the game and we're about on par with them in terms of deviation. Maybe he could repost if you missed it.

I spent a good part of this year thinking that you're a troll but you seem to be a genuine Astros fan. I'm ready for us to be best friends. Just getting tired of the "see, I told you so" around this subject. I don't see it that way.
jkag89
Wabs said:

jkag89 said:

BMX Bandit said:

There's no real debate on whether to start JV or not.
I agree but there seems to be others on here that think otherwise or at least have already written off JV's start as a likely L.
Here's the deal. No doubt JV should start G5. However, Dusty has got to have shorter leash with him, ESPECIALLY if we're down 3-1.
Game 1 with a lead I didn't think trying to get JV through at least five innings was a bad move. In a win or go home situation do you really think Dusty is going dig a deep(er) hole?
tjack16
AG
Me personally, I'd go Urquidy over Lance in a game 7 start.

So Javier, JV, Framber, Urquidy would be my rotation from here on.
Frok
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

TREX01 said:

**** that noise. The series isn't over.

Atlanta choked game 5 against us last year but still managed to finish us off.

jkag89
For those of us feeling "miserable" and in of need a good laugh. Never underestimate the idiocy of some Arlington fans.
Texaggie7nine
Hi, Im Brett said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Dunno, think he was and might still be drunk and doesn't care.
7nine
Beau Holder
AG
Oh man
Jet Black
Win you get shut out, whether it's 7-0 or 2-0, the offense is a problem.
Jet Black
Texaggie7nine said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Dunno, think he was and might still be drunk and doesn't care.

He's right. It makes zero sense.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

He's right. I makes zero sense.

Been a rough week for all of us.
Jet Black
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

He's right. I makes zero sense.

Been a rough week for all of us.

That was a typo but it's pretty funny.
Beat40
I told Beau I'm not responding to his posts about that anymore. I was accused of gate keeping when trying to point out the exact things you are including the fact he only posts it when it benefits him, which is exactly the "I told you so" feel I get as well.

Anyway, I also feel he's a genuine fan, so I've dropped the discussion because I'd rather get along.

Here's to hoping Javier dominates and the offense picks it up tonight.
The Porkchop Express
AG
We need iraq2xveteran on this thread to gives us the san francisco 49ers perspective.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
htxag09
AG
jkag89 said:

For those of us feeling "miserable" and in of need a good laugh. Never underestimate the idiocy of some Arlington fans.
I guess if dealing with the stress of rooting for a your team in the World Series = "miserable" then a) sign me up and b) yes, the Rangers won't have to deal with that for awhile
First Page Last Page
Page 2072 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.