***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,315,754 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
f1ghtintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Porkchop Express said:

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

[gif]https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/71818883-4e7c-468b-8525-7fc7bd67452e[/gif]

Apologies to whomever normally posts that, but it's time to flush that ish for good. Let's go pick up Lance today! Goal has always been to take one. Two would be even better, and we have the pitching to do it. Just gotta execute. Extend the series and bring it back home.

This took 4 edits?

I can squeeze in a couple more just for you? I used to know how to embed images and gifs. That was before kiddos.

/laughcry

Message is the same. Forget yesterday. Win today.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

What does energy look like from a team that is not hitting the ball?
For real. How many times did we hear this during the season?

This is a level-headed team. They don't get too high and they don't get too low.

I guess what people really mean is they want to see is the players just as pissed off as them.
FrioAg 00
AG
They tried to be emotional last night - that's why Altuve and Pena both swing at the first pitches. It backfired.

RO519
AG
Kinda looks like he went on a bender last night... Kinda crazy.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I'd put the odds Altuve swings first pitch tonight at about 98%.

If I'm Nola I don't put the first pitch within 3-4" of the plate. I'd go inside about an he height of Altuve's hat bill.
htxag09
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

For real. How many times did we hear this during the season?

This is a level-headed team. They don't get too high and they don't get too low.

I guess what people really mean is they want to see is the players just as pissed off as them.

Yeah, this is right up there with "the other team wanted it more" for dumbest things sports fans say.
The Porkchop Express
AG
We gotta win this World Series so I can go to Disney World over Thanksgiving break wearing all new Astro championship gear and be Captain A*hole to anyone who has a problem with it.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
spadilly
S
This is pretty cool.

Wabs
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

I'd put the odds Altuve swings first pitch tonight at about 98%.

If I'm Nola I don't put the first pitch within 3-4" of the plate. I'd go inside about an he height of Altuve's hat bill.
Yep, I wouldn't put any pitch within 4-6" of the plate, at least until it's 3-0. You know Jose is pressing to "make something happen".
Beat40
That is very cool!
htxag09
AG

lol at Chaz's ab in the second
annie88
AG
Last nights game sucks. Moving on. Let's go.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Damn I accidentally clicked on the Rangers' thread. Now I have to burn the clothes I'm wearing.
All I do is Nguyen
redline248
AG
Lance (and Miller) said he wasn't tipping. Watched an espn breakdown that shows what they say was tipping. Looks pretty convincing.

Denying to avoid excuse making? Or in case he pitches again let them think he didn't fix it?
iamtheglove
spadilly said:

This is pretty cool.

That's awesome. TK getting emotional at the end.
cef88
AG
I've been following El Oso Blanco for a bit on Twitter and he has several nights like this where he is up very late seemingly pounding the bottle and firing of incoherent or illogical tweets. Pretty sad, was supposed to be an Ag too.
Ag_07
AG
Looks like tipping to me but yeah I doubt they say anything.

AustinCountyAg
Farmer1906 said:

It looks like a player showing some fire. Slam a bat, get on top steps in dugout yell. Bust your ass outa the box on a ground ball. etc. A coach standing up and doing something, anything.

Something instead of showing zero emotion, or fire. They are two games away from losing another World Series. I am not saying they need to get ejected from a game, or the team needs to perform softball dugout chants but the energy I saw yesterday from the team/coaches throughout the game was uninspiring.
AgLA06
AG
Or maybe having a plan of attack at the plate as a team.

I'm sorry, but it's pathetic baseball to be facing a team with limited pitching and guys are getting out on the first or second pitch. It's just bad and whoever came up with that plan at the plate should be fire.
spadilly
S
I get that but this team has never been the throw the bat/slam the water cooler/throw your helmet type of team. Their cool, calm demeanor is one of their trademarks.
amercer
AG
They are also 3 games away from winning another World Series.

I think the Astros understand better than most that a 7 game series is a coin flip crapshoot. Not sure why you expect a team that's made it to 6 straight ALCS to suddenly start throwing Gatorade coolers onto the field when things aren't going well.

Playoff baseball is RANDOM. I would like my favorite team to win, but realistically making the playoffs at all is about the only thing fully in their control.
Burn-It
AG
This is the crap visiting pitchers deal with in Philly.

AKA 13-0
AustinCountyAg
amercer said:

They are also 3 games away from winning another World Series.

I think the Astros understand better than most that a 7 game series is a coin flip crapshoot. Not sure why you expect a team that's made it to 6 straight ALCS to suddenly start throwing Gatorade coolers onto the field when things aren't going well.

Playoff baseball is RANDOM. I would like my favorite team to win, but realistically making the playoffs at all is about the only thing fully in their control.
I am not expecting them to do that. I just said they need to show me more emotion than I saw last night. They looked very flat and uninspired.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Burn-It said:

That's good stuff. A fan who knows the limits. I can't say I haven't done the same thing before in my day. We once yelled at Bobby Bonilla for 9 innings when he was with the Marlins and playing 3B. He made 2 errors in one inning and we felt like we had won the lottery.
Deluxe
AG
AgLA06 said:

I'm sorry, but it's pathetic baseball to be facing a team with limited pitching and guys are getting out on the first or second pitch. It's just bad and whoever came up with that plan at the plate should be fire.
It worked in game 2. It did not work last night.

Generally I agree though. Feel like Philly has done a much better job than us this series of working counts and spoiling good pitches.
Nino Brown
The Porkchop Express said:

Burn-It said:

That's good stuff. A fan who knows the limits. I can't say I haven't done the same thing before in my day. We once yelled at Bobby Bonilla for 9 innings when he was with the Marlins and playing 3B. He made 2 errors in one inning and we felt like we had won the lottery.
In HS me and a buddy yelled at Kirk Gibson through the metal fence in left field at the Dome. My buddy says, "Hey Gibson, you can barely walk man, isn't it time your old azz retires?" Kirk turns slowly to look at us, grabs his sack with one hand and tips his hat at us with the other.

Cromagnum
AG
Classic Philadelphia d-baggery, right up to, but not crossing the line.
astros4545
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

It looks like a player showing some fire. Slam a bat, get on top steps in dugout yell. Bust your ass outa the box on a ground ball. etc. A coach standing up and doing something, anything.

Something instead of showing zero emotion, or fire. They are two games away from losing another World Series. I am not saying they need to get ejected from a game, or the team needs to perform softball dugout chants but the energy I saw yesterday from the team/coaches throughout the game was uninspiring.

The Astros need to try harder

They just don't have the "want to" or the "have to"
AgLA06
AG
Deluxe said:

AgLA06 said:

Generally I agree though. Feel like Philly has done a much better job than us this series of working counts and spoiling good pitches.

It should have been the plan for the entire series to work the counts. You aren't doing it for game 1-3, but for the later games. As the better team that's the focus.
Deluxe
AG
I agree. That approach needs to start tonight.
KCup17
AG
I tend to let my BAS take over when I watch the Stros. I need to remember the level headedness of this team.

Big game tonight and I'm cheering like hell we take the W.
Wabs
AG
Deluxe said:

AgLA06 said:

It just feels like it's very difficult for our pitchers to "close the deal" when they have 2 strikes. Philly battles and battles, then walks or gets a hit, or at minimum works the pitcher and increases the pitch count. I don't see that when we're at the plate - not every one of our ABs, but it seems like most of them.

texasaggie2015
AG
Last thing I'm gonna say about the game last night and then I'm turning the page...

I would rather lose 7-0 then 5-4 in a close hard-fought game during a series like this. It's easier to go into the clubhouse and think "well damn we sucked and got beat but let's get them tomorrow" than "we fought our asses off and it wasn't enough".

This team knows what they're capable of and very few championship teams have a run with no adversity. They'll bounce back tonight.
All I do is Nguyen
texasaggie2015 said:

Last thing I'm gonna say about the game last night and then I'm turning the page...

I would rather lose 7-0 then 5-4 in a close hard-fought game during a series like this. It's easier to go into the clubhouse and think "well damn we sucked and got beat but let's get them tomorrow" than "we fought our asses off and it wasn't enough".

This team knows what they're capable of and very few championship teams have a run with no adversity. They'll bounce back tonight.
I'm the same way. I'd rather get blown out then lose a tight game because then I second guess myself too much.
First Page Last Page
Page 2069 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.