***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,315,722 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dp
Ag_07
AG
I'm still baffled at why Stanek who was one of the best relievers in the league all year has out of nowhere all of a sudden been relegated to mop up duty.
Hwy30East
ClickClack said:

Farmer1906 said:

**** Cora. Scumbag.

I'm sincerely confused. What did Cora do wrong here…

Could be just because it was determined in the investigation that Cora was the orchestrator and pushing the whole sign stealing deal when he was with the Astros.
BMX Bandit
clemens on the radio saying he didn't see much tip pitching. real issue is (as others have said here) phillies game planned to sit on curve ball and LMJ threw it right where they could crush it without any fastball to counter it.
Deluxe
AG
BMX Bandit said:

clemens on the radio saying he didn't see much tip pitching. real issue is (as others have said here) phillies game planned to sit on curve ball and LMJ threw it right where they could crush it without any fastball to counter it.
I think this is right. It almost doesn't even matter if he was tipping or not. Phillies knew what was coming and LMJ left a few middle middle. The result shouldn't have been surprising.
BMX Bandit
exactly. smoltz called it. harper is going to be sitting on breaking ball here, if he leaves one on middle of plate ...
sts7049
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm still baffled at why Stanek who was one of the best relievers in the league all year has out of nowhere all of a sudden been relegated to mop up duty.
too many walks
MaxPower
Who cares if you can't score any runs.
The Porkchop Express
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

[gif]https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/71818883-4e7c-468b-8525-7fc7bd67452e[/gif]

Apologies to whomever normally posts that, but it's time to flush that ish for good. Let's go pick up Lance today! Goal has always been to take one. Two would be even better, and we have the pitching to do it. Just gotta execute. Extend the series and bring it back home.

This took 4 edits?
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
htxag09
AG
BMX Bandit said:

exactly. smoltz called it. harper is going to be sitting on breaking ball here, if he leaves one on middle of plate ...

To be fair smoltz was all over the spectrum so called basically every possibility. First it was because they were sitting one pitch. Then it was tipping. Then it was he threw the same pitch over and over.

I think they sat on pitches. I think LMJ had zero command. So he either missed out of the zone uncompetitively or over the plate. That usually is a bad combo. Either way, I'm over that game. Ready for tonight
BMX Bandit
not sure what you mean by being fair. he literally said that as harper was walking into the box. the point is that the issue wasn't tipping or not tipping. it was not overly complicated, phillies had a plan and it worked to a tee because LMJ didn't have sharp stuff
BayAg_14
Philly trash must have really crossed the line to get Mack this heated.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR9nCJDx/
FrioAg 00
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Win tonight then all we have left is a 3 game series with home field advantage.

Yup, win tonight and I really like our odds. Lose tonight and I don't like our odds at all (3 straight against a hot team is incredibly unlikely).

Tonight is the series. LFG.
JohnnyTexAg1995
BayAg_14 said:

mack has more money in his pocket at that moment that that phillie trash has earned his whole life. Talking **** to one of the most philanthropic men in the United States. Real tough guy
Texaggie7nine

Of course we had the most shots of any team at getting shut outs.
7nine
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I dont want to alarm anyone, but I woke up with the feeling we about to have three consecutive wins.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Not surprising at all coming from the fanbase that had someone get arrested for vomiting on a child at a game.
All I do is Nguyen
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

I dont want to alarm anyone, but I woke up with the feeling we about to have three consecutive wins.
Well I am VERY alarmed SIR
Big Al 1992
AG
BayAg_14 said:

In private settings Mack drops a lot of f bombs. That video makes him even more of a Houston treasure.
SABUILDERAG
Phillies are doing what you have to do to win it all. Stars are being stars, good players are playing at or above regular season level, and even some of the scrubs are contributing.

If Houston is going to get back in this thing, Javier and Verlander are going to have to be great, Alvarez, Bregman, Tucker, Pena, and Altuve are going to have to start getting some mojo. They have to stop alternating games and all start contributing on the same night.

I would love to see them flip the switch, but this sure feels like the Braves last year. Philly has been the Cinderella and they seem to be getting everything going their way, even the weather.
MAROON
AG
BayAg_14 said:

As expected. Philly punk. Then put it in context that two days earlier Mack was in Philly giving away free mattresses to the needy.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
TyHolden
AG
worst fans in the world...

lil99chris
AG
In 2016, the Cubs were shut out twice in the World Series.

Game 1 - Indians beat the Cubs 6-0
Game 3 - Indians beat the Cubs 1-0

https://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/2016_WS.shtml

AustinCountyAg
Wabs said:

Don't like the idea of "we just need to win one and get it back to Houston". Even though that is technically true, it's the exact same thought as last year and we know how that ended. Let's win tonight, roll to tomorrow with momentum and go back home up 3-2.
This.....I heard LMJ give a quote yesterday saying the goal is to "win one in Philly, and get back to Houston" or something like that along the lines......**** that "win one" bulll***** They should be trying to win every damn game in Philly and not be thinking they are just stealing a game there.

Last night I saw zero energy or urgency out of the team. They looked defeated as soon as Harper hit that homerun.
Farmer1906
AG
What does energy look like from a team that is not hitting the ball?
Kashchei
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Wabs said:

Don't like the idea of "we just need to win one and get it back to Houston". Even though that is technically true, it's the exact same thought as last year and we know how that ended. Let's win tonight, roll to tomorrow with momentum and go back home up 3-2.
This.....I heard LMJ give a quote yesterday saying the goal is to "win one in Philly, and get back to Houston" or something like that along the lines......**** that "win one" bulll***** They should be trying to win every damn game in Philly and not be thinking they are just stealing a game there.

Last night I saw zero energy or urgency out of the team. They looked defeated as soon as Harper hit that homerun.

This is what pisses me off the most. You shouldn't be lacking urgency in the freaking World Series! We've heard all season that "this year would be different", "we've learned from last year", "unfinished business", "do it for Dusty", etc. Now when it's crunch time our stars are ****ting the bed and looking lackadaisical. So far it looks like it was all talk.
FrioAg 00
AG
You win tonight, and even if Wheeler beats JV in Game 5 - we set up well back home. Fram v their 4th guy in G6, then pen v Suarez in G7

But you have to win tonight. Mentally the hurdle of having to win on the road, with a struggling starter against a hot team - it's too much
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Ag_07 said:

I assume it has to be issues with walks. And the yanks and Seattle struggled with spin, not fastballs. Now the Phillies seem to be hitting spin so we might see him more.
Deluxe
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Ag_07 said:

I assume it has to be issues with walks. And the yanks and Seattle struggled with spin, not fastballs. Now the Phillies seem to be hitting spin so we might see him more.
Agree
Chrundle the Great
AG
Was Evan hacked???

aTm2004
AG
Da fuq?
CFTXAG10
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

You win tonight, and even if Wheeler beats JV in Game 5 - we set up well back home. Fram v their 4th guy in G6, then pen v Suarez in G7

But you have to win tonight. Mentally the hurdle of having to win on the road, with a struggling starter against a hot team - it's too much
I'd be willing to pitch Framber in game 5 if we slip up tonight
Billy Baroo
AG
Looking at his twitter from last night, appears he did some drunk tweeting.
Wabs
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

I'd be willing to pitch Framber in game 5 if we slip up tonight
This crossed my mind last night. Does Framber go on full rest in G5 if we're down 3-1? I can almost assure you Dusty wouldn't do that to JV but I guess we'll see.
texasaggie2015
AG
Billy Baroo said:

Looking at his twitter from last night, appears he did some drunk tweeting.
Honestly, a little sad considering his story. I hope he's okay.
First Page Last Page
Page 2068 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.