***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,317,223 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do something bats!!!!!!!!!
jkag89
Nice job of working out of trouble by Urquidy.
Beat40
agproducer said:

LMJ tipped. They hit. It's one game.

The big deal right now for the series is the offense. Altuve needs something positive. Yordan, save the double, had been a non factor. They need to figure that out.

Altuve really need to do something other than pop out to first when he had 2 on. That really hurt.
Harry Dunne
Dan Shedd said:

Oh I'll definitely write about it. Just can't stand watching the Astros get their heads bashed in atm
Thats weak. If your team is in the WS you watch every minute of it, win or lose, even as just a decent fan much less a sportswriter.
Premium
AG
Ag_07 said:

Premium said:

Okay if they score two more I might have to call it a night. I think anyone here right now has pretty thick skin, but IMO they score again and it's over.

Still have hope I'd we can get out without a run scoring.

Bye Felicia

Getting embarrassed or not how can anyone not watch their team in the WS?

Hanging in until down 9-0 in the 7th inning is now considered "not watching their team in the WS". Okay.
jg07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

jg07 said:

BCEDAg said:

You're joking right?
You don't think playing extra stressful games every ****ing year doesn't wear on you?

Notice how most of the teams that have won recently weren't in the playoffs the year before or didn't make a long run the year before?

I feel like the org does a good job resting our guys and not overexerting them in Spring. Plus we have a **** ton of off days this Oct/Nov.
I agree with this too. And its one thing people gnash their teeth on during the regular season with the different lineups. But its still a mental grind.

Its not like they're relaxing on Caribbean beaches or grilling hot dogs like Cole. They still have to show up everyday and get their work in. Its been amazing what the Astros have been able to do.
Aggie8587
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Aggie8587 said:

SW-14 said:

I remember last year's ALCS. Boston kicked our ass in games 2 and 3, and yet we bounced back. I'm not panicking…yet.
True, but big difference is we hadn't used Framber yet in that series, and only way he goes again in this series is if we find W the next 2 games in Philly
we just need to win 1 in Philly to get Framber in game 6
meant to have an "a" in front of W. Yes just 1 W gets us back home with Framber
HarryRocket
We're gonna get shutout against their bull**** arms.

But it's all good, no alarm there.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Dan Shedd said:

Oh I'll definitely write about it. Just can't stand watching the Astros get their heads bashed in atm
Thats weak. If your team is in the WS you watch every minute of it, win or lose, even as just a decent fan much less a sportswriter.

Agreed.
JABQ04
AG
agproducer
AG
That and Chas striking out with Hensley on third.
Beat40
At this point I'd like to see a run or two and some decent ABs out of the big guys.
amercer
AG
9 outs to get 8 runs?
DrZ
AG
Its one game
Our pitching tonight was better than our hitting. Yikes.
AggieDub25
We haven't done anything against their bullpen so far and it's not like we have faced their top guys in each of these first 3 games
Prime0882
AG
HarryRocket said:

I'm starting to think the AL just sucks.

I've been thinking that myself. 8 of the last 12 WS champions have been from the NL.
jkag89
Beat40 said:

agproducer said:

The big deal right now for the series is the offense. Altuve needs something positive. Yordan, save the double, had been a non factor. They need to figure that out.

Altuve really need to do something other than pop out to first when he had 2 on. That really hurt.
I could live with this if he went deep into the count and was just bested by a good pitch. There was no need for him to swing a pitch up and in on a 1-0 count.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Beat40 said:

At this point I'd like to see a run or two and some decent ABs out of the big guys.
Anything indicating the presence of a pulse would be nice
CFTXAG10
AG
Aggie8587
AG
agproducer said:

That and Chas striking out with Hensley on third.
Wasn't even close to a strike out. I bet those two horrible calls alone amounted to 0.5 runs in Philly's favor when the ump scorecard comes out
AustinAg2K
Just score 12 runs this inning and all will be forgiven.
BCEDAg
AG
Nope I don't think that's it all. These guys play with the goal reaching the World Series every year and have been there several times the last few years. They don't take it for granted.
Farmer1906
AG
AggieDub25 said:

We haven't done anything against their bullpen so far and it's not like we have faced their top guys in each of these first 3 games

Yup. This sucks.
Boiling Denim
Farmer1906 said:

Boiling Denim said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

17 HR is 6 home games… how many do they have on the road

Sounds like their crowd really does matter! It obviously spooked LMJ

What's special about their crowd? Why didn't New York, Seattle, Chicago, and LA spook him?

A lot more energy and definitely louder without question

So LMJ just develops a tell out of nowhere? Just like that? With plenty of rest. Hasn't even pitched all season. Or maybe he got rattled on the road

Amazes me this board of all places can be so dismissive of their crowd while they have a 12th Man tattooed on their arse
tjack16
AG
If I'm Philly I'd keep attacking the bottom of the zone with changeups and sinkers.
Beat40
jkag89 said:

Beat40 said:

agproducer said:

I could live with this if he went deep into the count and was just bested by a good pitch. There was no need for him to swing a pitch up and in on a 1-0 count.

But that's Altuve. Have to live with it.
BayAg_14
Looking this one was over after they were up 2-0 in the 1st.
Farmer1906
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Farmer1906 said:

Boiling Denim said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

17 HR is 6 home games… how many do they have on the road

Sounds like their crowd really does matter! It obviously spooked LMJ

What's special about their crowd? Why didn't New York, Seattle, Chicago, and LA spook him?

A lot more energy and definitely louder without question

So LMJ just develops a tell out of nowhere? Just like that? With plenty of rest. Hasn't even pitched all season. Or maybe he got rattled on the road

Amazes me this board of all places can be so dismissive of their crowd while they have a 12th Man tattooed on their arse

We lose a ton of games at Kyle Field including App St. If it mattered we'd be a lot better.

He's probably had some tells and people missed it. We did the same thing to Yu and he was at home.
Damascene
AG
Really hope we don't end up regretting dropping game 1 in heart break fashion.
Got high hopes for Javier tomorrow and Framber game 6. Win these two and who knows what happens game 7. No faith in JV or LMJ after tonight though.
JDUB08AG
AG
Our ABs are honestly concerning me going into tomorrow
MAROON
AG
On ball 6
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
JABQ04
AG
Maldy's gonna get us on the board
JohnnyTexAg1995
We are gunna out hit the ****ers aren't we…
Beat40
Chas with some life!
tjack16
AG
Great. Another inning where we suck until there's 2 outs
First Page Last Page
Page 2057 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.