***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,342,909 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kashchei said:

Bregxit said:

Very little intestinal fortitude on this thread now. A bunch of pansies ****ting down their legs.

Sorry, but ****ting the bed in our last 2 WS doesn't exactly inspire confidence. We were supposed to "flip the script" but it was business as usual.
Then don't watch.
Beat40
Framber going to give us 7 tomorrow.

I think we win 2 in Philly.
JohnLA762
AG
Bregxit said:

JohnLA762 said:

Bregxit said:

Very little intestinal fortitude on this thread now. A bunch of pansies ****ting down their legs.

We call that JVing now, apparently.
Shut up and go back to the zoo. You haven't been here all season. And your "cheering" posts suck.

It's called sarcasm, and yes. I have been. Check my history.

It's a dig at the losers who haven't been here all season.
Eso si, Que es
I am glad this team is more resilient than we are. Looking forward to game 2 tomorrow and a tie series going to Philly.

Rough loss, but we certainly had our chances and I trust these guys to figure it out. Just a few inches away from winning in bottom of 9th with Pena's flair. Those are the bounces.

That Tucker AB in the 3rd was legendary. Worked the count and got a good pitch. Looking forward to Bregman doing it tomorrow and Yordan absolutely destroying a baseball. I feel real bad for that baseball that is currently sleeping tight, knowing it is sleeping it's last night on this earth.
Beau Holder
AG
Beat40 said:

Beau Holder said:

Beat40 said:

Beau Holder said:

Beat40 said:

Beau Holder said:

No runs scored after the 3rd. It wasn't hard to know all year that would be an issue.

And yet we did it in the ALDS and ALCS. You only post this when it benefits you.

I think you thought this would be a big gotcha, and I don't want to take that dopamine hit away from you. But when it was said all year, people like you tried to act like no one was allowed to say it. And here we are.

It's fine that you say it. You are allowed to. But you routinely failed to acknowledge when you said this with evidence presented that it was that way for every single team in the MLB.

They scored one run after the 4th. It wasn't like they set the world on fire.

And guess what, if we had scores the 1 run instead of them, you wouldn't have said anything.

Again, you post it when it benefits you.

Convenient that you ignored all game when I was sunshine pumping - I don't blame you, I assume you missed it because you were busy saving other people's posts you could play goalkeeper on based on the outcome. The series isn't over. But we lost this one because of the same problems we had all year. No amount of you acting like board police will change that.

Let's go Framber tomorrow.

I didn't have to save anything because you said it after almost every inning we didn't score in the 7th or later and lost.

I'm not playing goal keeper - I'm just saying you only post that when it benefits you. Im just saying you acted all season like it was only an issue the Astros faced. If I remember correctly you kept point to how good the Braves were in the 7th and later.

My point is this - it's an issue every team has and every team has the same problem all year as well. You just post it to make some point like you knew we would lose because we can't score after the 7th or later while forgetting the games we won in this post season alone by scoring in the 7th inning or later.

I'll drop it now and ignore when you post it later.

I agree with you the series isn't over. I hope we win the next 4 - this team can do it. Starts with Framber tomorrow.

*the 3rd bud. Not the 7th.

Seven strong from Framber and we're good. Go Stros.
Big Al 1992
AG
That's why it's not a one game series or best 2 out of 3. Play best of 7 and the best team should win. The Astros are that team. Win Game 2. Take at least one in Philly. Finish them in Houston.
Harry Dunne
HarryRocket said:

Harry Dunne said:

Not true at all. Starting Hensley is just admitting the other guys are ice cold. which they obviously are.

I want to believe you. I really do. But starting a guy with 29 MLB at bats in the World Series on a team that didn't play real competitive baseball after July isn't a good look. That's not good preparation.

It's their job to prepare for the ice cold scenario.
Prepare how?

Brantley got hurt, Mancini hasn't worked out. Diaz is ice cold. Guys get cold & you play the hot hand. Like in 2017 when we basically told the entire bullpen to sit their ass down and pitched almost exclusively starters. it doesn't mean we weren't prepared, our pretty solid bullpen just didn't have it for the most part.

Who else would you have on the roster? How could they have better "prepared"?
HarryRocket
All those at bats wasted on dubon.

Season management hasn't been good this year, we've just overcome it up to this point but they did a **** job of responding to Brantley going down.
htxag09
AG
Bregxit said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

cone said:

well I stand by my prediction

That's the series

Get a dog. Astros still have 68% chance to win the whole damn thing
Hehe. I've had that dude on ignore since the '17 WS.

Same
Beat40
Harry Dunne said:

HarryRocket said:

Harry Dunne said:

Not true at all. Starting Hensley is just admitting the other guys are ice cold. which they obviously are.

I want to believe you. I really do. But starting a guy with 29 MLB at bats in the World Series on a team that didn't play real competitive baseball after July isn't a good look. That's not good preparation.

Prepare how?

Bradley got her, Mancini hasn't worked out. Diaz is ice cold. Guys get cold when you play the hot hand. Like in 2017 when we basically told the entire bullpen to sit their ass down and pitched almost exclusively starters. it doesn't mean we weren't prepared, our pretty solid bullpen just didn't have it for the most part.

Gotten Ohtani!
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

move Altuve in the lineup. He's not helping anyone.
Can't tell you how much it sucks watching one of the franchise's all time greats turn into a giant steaming pile this postseason
HarryRocket
Harry Dunne said:

HarryRocket said:

Harry Dunne said:

Prepare how?

Bradley got her, Mancini hasn't worked out. Diaz is ice cold. Guys get cold when you play the hot hand. Like in 2017 when we basically told the entire bullpen to sit their ass down and pitched almost exclusively starters. it doesn't mean we weren't prepared, our pretty solid bullpen just didn't have it for the most part.

Give him more at bats and not waste those at bats on dubon.
Harry Dunne
Ohtani is betting on college football right now. He will never know what it is to be a real hero.
Fumbleruski
AG
My thoughts on game 1:

The Phillies pitching is better than ours on the top end. We have depth, but in the WS, all you need is 4-5 lock down pitchers. It can afford their offense to see a few cycles against ours and make a dent. Our offense is WAY too streaky in pockets; not enough basic contribution across the line up. If you're not mashing HRs, fine, just put the ball in play or work the count. They are a red HOT team. That Catellanos catch was a huge, series saving play and we don't have those plays. Almost every single team that's beaten us in the playoffs have had a dynamic catch like that that quietly shifts the momentum against our offense. We desperately need a balanced offensive approach to compliment our pitching, but out best bats are going completely cold at the wrong time.
jkag89
htxag09 said:

I didn't think the ump was that bad, with the exception of the two strike calls on altuve. Well, he was bad, he was inconsistent, but thought he was inconsistent both ways.
I agree. Those missed calls in a regular season game most here probably would not even remember that AB must less the pitches off the plate and only one was really bad. For the most part I thought Blue was solid, not spectacular but IMO he called a fair game.
Post removed:
by user
Harry Dunne
Yeah, if only Hensley played CF.

Most of Dubons ABs would (should) have gone to Chas.
jopatura
AG
Their bullpen showed weakness tonight and they used their game 3 starter. If we can hit them early again a second night in a row, I don't think they'll be as lucky. They got some breaks their way with defense and we have too many automatic outs in the lineup right now so we never get a second chance to capitalize with men on base. We had decent traffic in the late innings.

Altuve and Mancini have to figure it out.
tjack16
AG
Before the series I thought we'd split the first 2 games and then win 2/3 in Philly

Script is still there for that outcome. But not a lot of margin for error tomorrow for Framber
htxag09
AG
This is a terrible take. Regarding the play, you probably said the judge diving catch in game 1 was series saving, also. Bregman had a pretty damn good play today as well. Regarding offense, we had more hits than them. They just had a really lucky one and more timely ones.

Easy to have hot takes like this in hindsight and cherry pick and forget what you want.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I should've drank tonight during the game, this loss is on me and I will be prepared for tomorrows game
HarryRocket
Harry Dunne said:

Yeah, if only Hensley played CF.

Most of Dubons ABs would (should) have gone to Chas.

Not all. But nevertheless, that's just some. You could have gotten Hensley more at bats.

Or something else. But we're sitting without a ducking DH in the world seriesZ

How dumb is that?
AggiEE
HarryRocket said:

Season management hasn't been good this year, we've just overcome it up to this point but they did a **** job of responding to Brantley going down.

We traded for Mancini not thinking he'd totally **** the bed
redline248
AG
Losing that game sucks. I believe the other bats will get going. Definitely need them.

See y'all tomorrow
Bioish
AG
One single away multiple times…
Ag12thman
AG
Not sure why everyone is so confident we'll win two in Philly, where the Phillies at much tougher and haven't lost at all in the playoffs.
AggiEE
Altuve's rally killing GIDP killed us too

All he had to do was Sac a guy in from third

Our star players are playing WAY too tight
JohnLA762
AG
Bregxit said:

JohnLA762 said:

Bregxit said:

JohnLA762 said:

Bregxit said:

We call that JVing now, apparently.
Shut up and go back to the zoo. You haven't been here all season. And your "cheering" posts suck.

It's called sarcasm, and yes. I have been. Check my history.

It's a dig at the losers who haven't been here all season.
You're right. You have been around. I apologize.

But your cheering posts do suck. They look like you are ahead and posting outcomes, not predictions. No one has time to remember your !!! rules.

Beat40
htxag09 said:

This is a terrible take. Regarding the play, you probably said the judge diving catch in game 1 was series saving, also. Bregman had a pretty damn good play today as well. Regarding offense, we had more hits than them. They just had a really lucky one and more timely ones.

Easy to have hot takes like this in hindsight and cherry pick and forget what you want.

I have noticed you and I have some pretty similar mindsets.
Harry Dunne
Ag12thman said:

Not sure why everyone is so confident we'll win two in Philly, where the Phillies at much tougher and haven't lost at all in the playoffs.
Its called optimism.

It beats moaning.
Beat40
Ag12thman said:

We hadn't lost at home at all in the playoffs either…
jopatura
AG
AggiEE said:

HarryRocket said:

We traded for Mancini not thinking he'd totally **** the bed

Mancini also went from playing every day to weird platoons. That had to mess with his head. Now we're back to asking him to perform every day. Yordan also seems to suffer being in the field every day. Click really should have traded for a dedicated left fielder.
Blackbeard94
AG
Can't wait to see the ump scorecard. How many runs in Phillies favor. Bet it was more than 1
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Ag12thman said:

I'm thinking Houston will be favored or even in all games moving forward except Game 5
First Page Last Page
Page 1961 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.