***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,343,066 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

We cannot keep this up with our DH spot. It is an automatic out and Mancini/Diaz are not good options.

Go with Hensley and see what the kid can do.

He certainly is NO WORSE than the current DH output
At this point I do not disagree
jopatura
AG
The only thing I thought Dusty really missed on was bringing Pressley out for 9th when it wasn't the heart of their lineup. I would have preferred Stanek there and Pressley in the 10th.

If Abreu came in with runners on and let them score, everyone would be blaming Dusty for not trusting JV.
agdaddy04
AG
If Dusty gave Diaz the green light, he should be fired. But I doubt he did.
JohnLA762
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Lotsa poon in here

Astros are the superior team. I want 7 ****ing games and we're going to ****ing win it in h-town, baby

Nut up, ladies

Nut up. Ladies. Does not compute…
Post removed:
by user
spadilly
S
Tough loss tonight. We'll get them tomorrow. Never expected to sweep the entire playoffs. Astros in six.

Man up, fellas. Postseason baseball isn't easy.
JohnLA762
AG
Bregxit said:

Very little intestinal fortitude on this thread now. A bunch of pansies ****ting down their legs.

We call that JVing now, apparently.
Cromagnum
AG
List of all the things that sucked.

- Verlander's choke job.
- Altuve sucks the entire postseason.
- Alvarez is lost since the ALDS.
- Mancini / Diaz are automatic outs.
- Phillies terrible defense gets tons of luck.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I am a San Francisco Giants fan, and I am rooting for the Houston Astros to win it all. After the Astros jumped to a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd inning, I thought they would take a 1-0 lead and improve to 8-0 in the playoffs. Instead, the Phillies became the first team in a World Series game when trailing by 5+ runs in 20 years. As a result, the Phillies have won Game 1 on the road in all 4 playoff rounds (At St Louis Cardinals in Wild Card, At Atlanta Braves in NLDS, San Diego Pardes in NLCS, and at Houston Astros in World Series).

I knew the Astros were going to lose a World Series game, but I did not think it would be Game 1 at home, not after a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd inning. The Astros will need to win their remaining 3 games at home and 1 game on the road to win the World Series.

Not necessarily. They could win 4 straight and close it out in Philly
Yes, that is true. Games 3-5 are in Philadelhpia. For some reason, I thought the World Series format was 2-2-1-1-1, but it's 2-3-2. Yes, I can see the Astros sweeping the middle 3 road games.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
I think he was better than the average blue we've gotten in this playoffs thus far, but obviously all of his **** calls were against us. The ump report will show net positive for Philly, that's for sure.
Pahdz
Diaz is a colossal moron. First base was open, 3-0 count, YOU DON'T MATTER! literally, they lose nothing by walking you, in fact gain the force, and you let them off the hook.

That's Steve Francis basketball IQ level of baseball stupidity
agdaddy04
AG
But honestly more frustrated in Alvarez and Tucker. They're better than Diaz and looked like **** when it mattered.
dixichkn
AG
JohnLA762 said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

Lotsa poon in here

Astros are the superior team. I want 7 ****ing games and we're going to ****ing win it in h-town, baby

Nut up, ladies

Nut up. Ladies. Does not compute…
In Austin it does
Furlock Bones
AG
1) Martin Maldonado cannot play while so many others are not hitting.
2) give Hensley the DH because Mancini and Diaz are providing literally nothing. It can't be worse.
3) move Altuve in the lineup. He's not helping anyone.
Harry Dunne
screw-tu said:

Somebody said don't judge Verlander over a small sample size? Just how big of a sample until we do judge his ass? Fifty World Series starts? He has done Jack s**t for us in the World Series. It's not like people are going to have a <sample size> of a s**t load of starts. Most pitchers would give their left nut to have 8 lifetime World Series starts. I am ****ing disgusted. We are the Buffalo Bills of MLB.
it's a big enough sample size. Somebody posted earlier that he had averaged 6 innings pitched & 3 ER per World Series start. That's garbage. He has WS ERA of around 7 now. It's obviously psychological.

BS on the Buffalo Bills. At worst we are the 90s Braves. With a chance to turn this series around and be a dynasty. It's far from over.

I'm not going to feel great about JV in g5 though. But you can't pass the guy. You just have to pray that he figures it out.
Cromagnum
AG
agdaddy04 said:

But honestly more frustrated in Alvarez and Tucker. They're better than Diaz and looked like **** when it mattered.

Tucker scored 4 of our 5 runs...what a hot take.
jkag89
Aggie8587 said:

Astros 1-7 in their last 8 WS games at MMP. 3-12 overall.

.200 winning % in home WS games ALL-TIME…….
On the bright side they are 4-2 in the last six on the road. Maybe we should have pulled to face the Effin' Dodgers so we would not start the Series at home or at least San Diego since everyone here thinks we're jinxed against the NL East.
screw-tu
I'm sick of this ***** Every year the same old **** with the Ags and the Astros. WTF
Ag_07
AG
Hurts to say it but JV just isn't the same in the playoffs.

This one is again on him.
Ciboag96
And **** that strike zone squeezing jizz swallowing ump
Kashchei
AG
Bregxit said:

Very little intestinal fortitude on this thread now. A bunch of pansies ****ting down their legs.

Sorry, but ****ting the bed in our last 2 WS doesn't exactly inspire confidence. We were supposed to "flip the script" but it was business as usual.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Get it back Saturday! That is all.
Life is better with a beagle
agdaddy04
AG
Cromagnum said:

agdaddy04 said:

Tucker scored 4 of our 5 runs...what a hot take.
didnt say he played a bad game. He looked like **** in the last at bat.
HarryRocket
AggiEE said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

We cannot keep this up with our DH spot. It is an automatic out and Mancini/Diaz are not good options.

Go with Hensley and see what the kid can do.

He certainly is NO WORSE than the current DH output

They will NEVER admit they are ill-prepared for this situation by starting HensleyThey will continue with mancini/Diaz. Starting Hensley is admitting they didn't prepare a team that had a walk to the post season.
Boiling Denim
Bregxit said:

We are what we cheer for
Bad Poster
agdaddy04 said:

Are you for real dude? You seriously ****ting on a dude with 2 homeruns and accounted for 5 runs? Seriously GTFO
Harry Dunne
Not true at all. Starting Hensley is just admitting the other guys are ice cold. which they obviously are.
Beat40
Beau Holder said:

Beat40 said:

Beau Holder said:

Beat40 said:

Beau Holder said:

No runs scored after the 3rd. It wasn't hard to know all year that would be an issue.

And yet we did it in the ALDS and ALCS. You only post this when it benefits you.

I think you thought this would be a big gotcha, and I don't want to take that dopamine hit away from you. But when it was said all year, people like you tried to act like no one was allowed to say it. And here we are.

It's fine that you say it. You are allowed to. But you routinely failed to acknowledge when you said this with evidence presented that it was that way for every single team in the MLB.

They scored one run after the 4th. It wasn't like they set the world on fire.

And guess what, if we had scores the 1 run instead of them, you wouldn't have said anything.

Again, you post it when it benefits you.

Convenient that you ignored all game when I was sunshine pumping - I don't blame you, I assume you missed it because you were busy saving other people's posts you could play goalkeeper on based on the outcome. The series isn't over. But we lost this one because of the same problems we had all year. No amount of you acting like board police will change that.

Let's go Framber tomorrow.

I didn't have to save anything because you said it after almost every inning we didn't score in the 7th or later and lost.

I'm not playing goal keeper - I'm just saying you only post that when it benefits you. Im just saying you acted all season like it was only an issue the Astros faced. If I remember correctly you kept point to how good the Braves were in the 7th and later.

My point is this - it's an issue every team has and every team has the same problem all year as well. You just post it to make some point like you knew we would lose because we can't score after the 7th or later while forgetting the games we won in this post season alone by scoring in the 7th inning or later.

I'll drop it now and ignore when you post it later.

I agree with you the series isn't over. I hope we win the next 4 - this team can do it. Starts with Framber tomorrow.
HarryRocket
I'm very interested to see the umpires card becaUSe I feel we got ****ed, BAD, but is that just fan bias?
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
I didn't think the ump was that bad, with the exception of the two strike calls on altuve. Well, he was bad, he was inconsistent, but thought he was inconsistent both ways.
Post removed:
by user
jkag89
agdaddy04 said:

Tucker produced 4 of the 5 runs we scored. If he did not produce early in the game, his late ABs wouldn't have mattered at all.
PhatMack19
AG
5-0 lead with Verlander on the mound we win 96 of 100 times. That one hurts
HarryRocket
Harry Dunne said:

Not true at all. Starting Hensley is just admitting the other guys are ice cold. which they obviously are.

I want to believe you. I really do. But starting a guy with 29 MLB at bats in the World Series on a team that didn't play real competitive baseball after July isn't a good look. That's not good preparation.

It's their job to prepare for the ice cold scenario.
First Page Last Page
Page 1960 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.