***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,316,695 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Makes me wonder if that's why Trey has struggled.

Maybe he's not used to all the info and data he's getting and it's getting in the way of just see ball hit ball.
tjack16
AG
cc10106
cone said:

he's a frosted tips ****** forever and always

He was in Kingpin though so he's got that going for him.
Jet Black
cone said:

he's a frosted tips ****** forever and always

Really? He's a cheating pos that used his bogus rep to smear a guy that obviously had the goods on him. Despicable pos.
Jet Black
The 1980 NL championship series game 5 was on yesterday. Boy, how times have changed. Other than the red white and blue banners around the dome, it looked like a regular season game. Compared to now, dreary and boring atmosphere.
McInnis
AG
It's not just baseball. Remember that a Super Bowl was played in Rice Stadium in the mid 70s. For better or worse sports takes up a lot more of or GNP than it used to. I'm really not sure it's for the better.
Jet Black
McInnis said:

It's not just baseball. Remember that a Super Bowl was played in Rice Stadium in the mid 70s. For better or worse sports takes up a lot more of or GNP than it used to. I'm really not sure it's for the better.

Yep. NBA is the same way.
cc10106
I've read often that it was one of greatest NLCS ever, but it seems to get overshadowed by the 1986 NLCS.
Jet Black
cc10106 said:

I've read often that it was one of greatest NLCS ever, but it seems to get overshadowed by the 1986 NLCS.

I was too young to remember it or really care, but blowing a 3 run lead in the 8th, in the deciding game made me a little nauseous even now. That Phillies team was loaded.
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

For anyone that thought Nimmo was an option for us.
I guess we won't be finding Nimmo on our roster...
n_touch
Ag_07 said:

Makes me wonder if that's why Trey has struggled.

Maybe he's not used to all the info and data he's getting and it's getting in the way of just see ball hit ball.

A lot of it is playing time too.
Bad Poster
Anthony Rizzo looked like he was having fun talking to altuve when they were losing to us in the postseason this year. Maybe we acquire Rizzo.
PoppaB05
AG
TayTrox said:

Wabs said:

SIAP

these are so dumb. That poor woman answering the phone is just trying to do her job. She probably doesn't even care about the Yankees.

Went to high school with the dipsh** in the video. Him and his girlfriend went to jail our senior year for armed robbery. Jacking old folks when they pulled money at an ATM. She rolled over on him. He went to jail. Violated parole when out. Went back in. Came back out and does this. He wasn't funny when we were young, still isn't.

Edit: Also just remembered the guy wore a Patrick Ewing jersey on the regular
n_touch
tylhair
AG
Bad Poster said:

Anthony Rizzo looked like he was having fun talking to altuve when they were losing to us in the postseason this year. Maybe we acquire Rizzo.

He would be such a good add.
Eso si, Que es
My wife went to Chris Stapleton on October 27, 2017 (while I was at game 3).

We are at Chris Stapleton in Ft worth right meow!

Get your money on the Stros, it's a lock!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Prosperdick said:

Farmer1906 said:

For anyone that thought Nimmo was an option for us.
I guess we won't be finding Nimmo on our roster...

The tweet here is quite a leap from what was actually reported... Very rarely should you believe what you read on Twitter. Here's what was actually in the article:

Quote:

Patrick, I've read that the Rockies are going to try and sign outfielder Brando Nimmo, who grew up in Cheyenne. Is there any truth to that rumor?

Brad, Westminster

Brad, I'm not sure where you read the "rumor." Right now, that's total speculation. I've talked to a number of people with the Rockies and around the league about Nimmo, and here's what I've discovered:

Nimmo would certainly be a good fit for the Rockies, who would love to land a left-handed hitter who can play center field and hit leadoff. He's also the consummate teammate and is coming off a solid year with the Mets.

He's on the Rockies' preliminary wish list but the competition is going to be intense if he actually leaves the Mets, who drafted him in the first round in 2011.

Nimmo, 29, was the Mets' longest-tenured position player and he's very popular in New York. The Mets are interested in trying to hold on to him.

Estimates that I've seen predict that Nimmo will land a five-year deal around $115 million-$120 million, although he might seek a longer deal

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/10/26/rockies-mailbag-brandon-nimmo-2023-playoffs/

I know, it's truly shocking the jomboy factory tweeted something incredibly misleading
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Pahdz
Are you a Katy ISD guy?
wangus12
AG
Lol FS1 playing 8 Men Out about the Black Sox the day before the World Series. ****ers
PoppaB05
AG
Went to school there
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Pahdz
Yeah was trying to figure out if I knew this dude too...class of what year?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
Cool fact I heard today on the radio

Astros have 9 total WS wins. Urquidy has accounted for 1/3 of all Astros WS wins.
PoppaB05
AG
Marvin
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Not sure what's up with Crane and Click, but I suspect both will be successful whatever happens.

btw, Crane is the best owner in Houston sports franchise history. I'm good with whatever he decides.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Frok
AG
I'm tired of Rome trying to bait them into saying something. Wait until after the season for that.
Buck Compton
AG
Frok said:

I'm tired of Rome trying to bait them into saying something. Wait until after the season for that.
No ***** How is the day before we go to the World Series the time to do this story? Chode.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Marvin said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Not sure what's up with Crane and Click, but I suspect both will be successful whatever happens.

btw, Crane is the best owner in Houston sports franchise history. I'm good with whatever he decides.
There are some low cards in that deck.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Kashchei
AG
Can we please just kick major ass this series? I don't want any drama, just a clinical series where we strangle Philly.
Pahdz
Same...must not have been at Katy (or was and my memory is just that bad)
cone
AG
because he's a piece of ****
First Page Last Page
Page 1874 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.