***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,318,794 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MAROON said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

A-level photobomb
that's the smile of a guy who spent 701 games in the baseball purgatory that is Baltimore. I wish he could have been better once he got here, but he has a few more games to make a big impact.
Unless, he doesn't opt out. Then he'll have a season to make a big impact.

But I expect him to test the market and get a multiyear deal.
MAROON
AG
I think it's a mutual option. Suspect the Astros might opt out of $10mil, but maybe not.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Ag_07
AG
Well Bochy should've got his ass out of the way if he didn't have the ball.

I hate Pete Rose just as much as the next guy but at that time if you're in the way of the plate you're gonna get hit.

It's different nowadays but back then that's fair game. Actually wish it were still like that.
Farmer1906
AG
He's probably worth 10M or more on the open market for multiyears. I would think the Astros would welcome him at that price for a 1 year deal.
Premium
AG
I may be ignorant and haven't followed MLB other than playoffs, but $10M for Mancini? You could run someone from triple A out there and produce more… doesn't seem worth it.

Just looked it up, a 239 batting average this year? That's worth $10M?
Bad Poster
Premium said:

I may be ignorant and haven't followed MLB other than playoffs, but $10M for Mancini? You could run someone from triple A out there and produce more… doesn't seem worth it.

Is that his BA all season or just with the astros? I thought with the astros his BA is sub 200
Premium
AG
Bad Poster said:

Premium said:

Is that his BA all season or just with the astros? I thought with the astros his BA is sub 200
Just looked it up, 239 average for both. 268 with Baltimore and 176 with Astros
McInnis
AG
I knew someone would take up for Rose. Bochy was trying to reach for the loose ball when Rose threw his elbow into Bochy's face. He didn't just run over him.
Farmer1906
AG
Premium said:

I don't think many teams are deciding players worth by batting average alone. He kind of broke out in 2019 then fought cancer. Over the last 2 years he's been slightly above average. I think his pop in MMP still has the potential to become a plus player.

Spotrac has him projected at 5/90 M. I think that's pretty rich, but I would see something like 3/40 with an option for a 4th year around the same AAV.

JDUB08AG
AG
What do we really think will happen with Yuli? He very quietly became one of my favorite astros of all time. I'm going to be incredibly sad when he isn't out there anymore.
tjack16
AG
JDUB08AG said:

What do we really think will happen with Yuli? He very quietly became one of my favorite astros of all time. I'm going to be incredibly sad when he isn't out there anymore.

I'd sign him to a 2 year team friendly deal. He's still good enough to start next year and to platoon if necessary in 2024 and the defense is top notch
JB!98
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Premium said:

I don't think many teams are deciding players worth by batting average alone. He kind of broke out in 2019 then fought cancer. Over the last 2 years he's been slightly above average. I think his pop in MMP still has the potential to become a plus player.

Spotrac has him projected at 5/90 M. I think that's pretty rich, but I would see something like 3/40 with an option for a 4th year around the same AAV.

Judging by the pictures, the future Mrs. Mancini will not be happy with 3/40.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Mancini was sort of THE GUY in Baltimore and started everyday for the O's. Yeah, you have Mullins and he batted for higher average than him but it seems like Trey was the leader and big part of that lineup.

When he came to Houston he was placed into a situation where Dusty didn't really want to give up a spot to our trusted vet, Yuli and we weren't really utilizing him effectively at DH... in my opinion, him batting only 3 times a week probably didn't help either. Admittedly, I didn't really follow his career closely when he was with the O's to know how much potential he really has but it is much higher than he has shown thus far.

Prosperdick
AG
JDUB08AG said:

I'm with ya and he just seems like such an incredibly cool cat. I LOVE having him at first base and scooping up errant throws. His playoff bat has been fantastic as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
McInnis said:

Anyone need a reason to work up some Phillies hate?

You can see Rose could clearly see the ball was loose and had no good reason to elbow Bochy. Good to see Bochy still making a good living at baseball (in spite of his current job) while Rose is still in excommunication.

Dirty mofo
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

ttha_aggie_09
AG
I know this is sort of a joke, but if that girl isn't happy with her husband making over $13MM/yr, I promise you there are plenty of other just as attractive women out there that would love half of that.
Deluxe
AG
First base will be interesting this winter.

I think Yuli will retire but I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility that he returns as a part time player who can play late inning defense if our 1B starter lacks experience at the position.

My hunch right now is that we're going to re-sign Brantley to a team friendly 1-year deal (maybe $5-7 mil) and tell him to work at 1B this winter. We'll also have Yordan and Hensley work there this winter. Then re-evaluate the position in June and trade for a vet if our defense there is looking sketchy.

IMO Brantley is gonna keep hitting, especially with the shifts going away next year. I expect his approach at the plate and bat skills to age well assuming he can avoid injury. I'd love to keep him in the lineup. 1B seems like a feasible way to do that for a couple more years.

(FWIW, he logged ~50 games at 1B in the minors but hasn't played there since)

All that to say, I'll be surprised if we pay market to bring back Mancini. If he wants to stay, he'll need to offer a discount.
Jet Black
Been around the US a bit and Philadelphia is easily one of the trashiest pos cities in the country.
htxag09
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I know this is sort of a joke, but if that girl isn't happy with her husband making over $13MM/yr, I promise you there are plenty of other just as attractive women out there that would love half of that.

I also think a person shallow enough to not be happy with someone making $13MM/year probably wouldn't stick by their side during chemo & treatment, especially because I don't think they were married at that point.
Mr.Bond
AG
Jet Black said:

Been around the US a bit and Philadelphia is easily one of the trashiest pos cities in the country.

Heard this from multiple people
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Deluxe
AG
Jet Black said:

I can attest
Deluxe
AG
Jet Black said:

The Liberty Bell is probly the most overrated historical landmark too
Teddy Perkins
AG
Speaking of first base and defense. I love videos like this and just so happens to feature Trey.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
I didn't know the backstory of their relationship, but if that is true, sounds like a nice person!
Jet Black
I will also add if you get outside of Philadelphia it's nice. Very green.
JB!98
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I didn't know the backstory of their relationship, but if that is true, sounds like a nice person!
I did not either. Wish them well.
Deluxe
AG
SIAP but the last two ALCS MVPs are locked in as Houston Astros through 2027 at least (Yordan and Peña)
Teddy Perkins
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CBRpxRijPVZ

Quote:

I met Trey a few years ago working at MASN. I still laugh thinking about a show we did together back in 2017.
He was one of my favorite people to interview. I knew I'd get great insight and he'd have a good attitude about whatever I asked! I never thought life would take me where it has, but I'm so happy it did.
After I left Baltimore, he must have missed my daily interviews and lengthy questions sooo much he asked me to dinner. Six months later, here we are. From Trey's cancer diagnosis to quarantine, this has been a wild few months. But I feel really lucky and blessed to say that he is over halfway done with treatments!!! We can also check home nurse off the list because taking out his medication and take-home IV is a piece of cake now People come into your life for a reason and I'm so glad our jobs had us cross paths. Super proud of you and your strength on a daily basis.
Posted a few years ago.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

I'd like to lick it. Just once.
Teddy Perkins
AG

We haven't even touched on this matchup.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Aliens > Made up creatures

Fight me!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
astros4545
AG
Premium said:

He would definitely get $15M on the open market for one season
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

I'd like to lick it. Just once.

HIMYM reference right there
First Page Last Page
Page 1857 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.