***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,591 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadAggie said:

Lol if the Ags were 8-0 all y'all would be pumped. C'mon.

I mean, we can have both. Their successes are not mutually exclusive by nature.

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
The Porkchop Express
AG
n_touch said:

Keeper of The Spirits said:

I loved the Astros first. I went to 1-2 games a year in the cheap dome seats starting in the mid 80s. We grew up pretending to be Glen Davis, Craig Biggio and Bill Doran. I kinda knew who Bucky Richardson was when I started at TAMU in 2005 but only from his days with the Oilers.

College Football is also too intense, you lose one game and your season is mostly over. I love all 162 regular season games and the playoffs are just bonus

2017 gave me all I'll ever need from the Astros but I'd be ecstatic to take it all this year. I love every guy on the team
I remember the $5 ticket with a coke can games
In the 80s, you could take a family of 4 to see a game at the Dome for $11.

Adult seats in the pavillion were $4 each
Kid seats (under 14) were $1 each.
Parking was $1.

We went at least once a week in the summertime. My grandparents would take me too. And I always wanted an Astros title, even more than my beloved Oilers. In 2005, I would have been satisfied if they had just won a single game in the World Series to be honest. This last stretch of years, particularly with my kids getting old enough to appreciate what's going on, have been off the charts.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Beat40
scd88 said:

This team reminds me of the 2017 one. Better pitching, by a long ways, but not as great at the plate.

From a brotherhood and character standpoint, these guys are stupid strong. Multiple years of getting "**** you's" at every park, media bias, and getting shade thrown at them from their own cheating ass peers....

This team seems to have a lot of mental fortitude after years of getting challenged. They didn't fold; they have embraced the hate.

Which is why all the Philly fans comments about their stadium affecting the Astros makes me smile.

Just listen to Lance's comments about his mental state pitching up 3-0 in the ALCS, or JV's comments after being up 3-0.

This is a mentally tough team who has been put through the fire the past two years. They are supremely confident in themselves. If we avoid an offensive slump, I think we got this.
scd88
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

scd88 said:

Kashchei said:

scd88 said:

I struggle with watching my teams on TV. I get so nervous I have a hard time enjoying it. At least when I am there, I can tell my ass off

Since we're all opening up here (and I've had a few stiff drinks already...)

I'm the exact same way and I always feel better when there are others I can relate to. Playoff baseball is the best and the worst. These last two weeks have been excruciating and exhilarating at the same time. I can hardly stand to watch the games I get so ****ing worked up. I know this is the "golden age" and I should be soaking every moment in, but damn it if I can only enjoy it if we win!

I just want a second ring. No one can ever take 2017 away. But 2019 still haunts me and all the cheating talk still gets old. I want this WS so bad! I don't know how I will handle losing 3 in a row...

Great post, man. We get this ring, the members of this thread need to have a ****ing party. Seriously.
Totally down to contribute. I have enough bourbon for the next 10 years.

Lets do it soon

I'm serious, man. I don't know any of y'all. But if we win this motherfuxker I want to party so the all of you.
scd88
AG
Good points.
BadAggie
AG

Imagine if you liked your coworkers as much as these guys seem too

Pay me $5 mil a year.
Kashchei
AG
I'm in Big D, but I have friends and family in Houston I can stay with. If we win it all I'm down for celebrating wth anyone/everyone.
BadAggie
AG
Stros need to win the World Series, then hire Luhnow and Hinch back.
agproducer
AG
scd88 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

scd88 said:

Kashchei said:

scd88 said:

I struggle with watching my teams on TV. I get so nervous I have a hard time enjoying it. At least when I am there, I can tell my ass off

I'm the exact same way and I always feel better when there are others I can relate to. Playoff baseball is the best and the worst. These last two weeks have been excruciating and exhilarating at the same time. I can hardly stand to watch the games I get so ****ing worked up. I know this is the "golden age" and I should be soaking every moment in, but damn it if I can only enjoy it if we win!

I just want a second ring. No one can ever take 2017 away. But 2019 still haunts me and all the cheating talk still gets old. I want this WS so bad! I don't know how I will handle losing 3 in a row...

Great post, man. We get this ring, the members of this thread need to have a ****ing party. Seriously.

Lets do it soon

I'm serious, man. I don't know any of y'all. But if we win this motherfuxker I want to party so the all of you.

I'm down.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Almost missed it today!

This date in Astro history

1974 - Astros purchase outfielder Jose Cruz from the Cardinals. Unable to crack the St. Louis lineup, the 27-year-old stars for the next 13 seasons in Houston. The best Astro player in the 1980s, Cruz has six seasons hitting over .300 and leads the team in RBIs seven times.

I found this while looking him up on YouTube.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
BadAggie
AG
For all those concerned about Philly fan thoughts

https://www.hauraki.co.nz/news/sport/the-eagles-won-the-super-bowl-and-their-fans-celebrated-by-eating-horse****/
Cromagnum
AG
scrimp said:

MLB's top ten plays of the LCS games...

Link if you are interested....

10. Yank's Bader hits HR B6 G4 to go up 5-4.
9. Yank's Peraza makes good defensive play to rob Altuve, 0-0, B1 G2.
8. Philly's Hoskins hits 2R HR to go up 2-0, B3 G5.
7. Yank's Torres starts double play on good defensive play against Altuve, Astros up 3-2, B7, G2
6. Philly's Schwarber solo HRs to make it 2-0, T6 in G1.
5. Pena fires rocket to first after ball ricochets off Bregman's glove for 5-6-3 putout, Astros up 3-2, T6, G2
4. Pena HRs to tie it 3-3, T3, G4.
3. Philly's Jean Seguara makes a pair of diving plays in G3, 3rd inning and 7th inning
2. Judge's diving catch in 0-0 game, B1, G1.
1. Harper's 2R go ahead HR, B8 G5.

4 Yankee's plays, 4 Philly's plays, 2 Astros, 0 Padres.

Based off the highlights only, you'd think the Yankees got the sweep. C'mon MLB, at least pretend to to somewhat unbiased.

What a **** list. Yordans walkoff homerun to win game 1 of the ALDS not even on there?
BTKAG97
AG
Cromagnum said:

scrimp said:

MLB's top ten plays of the LCS games..

What a **** list. Yordans walkoff homerun to win game 1 of the ALDS not even on there?

Ummmm...
Nino Brown
BTKAG97 said:

Cromagnum said:

scrimp said:

MLB's top ten plays of the LCS games..

Ummmm...

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Imagine if you liked your coworkers as much as these guys seem too

I've got a couple Baders that I work with
Are they masters?
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Can we get MItch Williams to throw out the first pitch and accidentally throw it into their dugout for Game 1?

Weird how many players have played for both us and the Phillies over time.

Oswalt
Lidge
Wild Thing
Schilling
The legendary Garett Stubs
Ken Giles
Vince Velaquz
Brett Myers
Hunter Pence
Turk Farrell
Pete Incaviglia
Doug Jones
Jeff Juden
Milt Thompson
Brandon Duckworth
Zeke Astacio maybe?
Michael Bourn
JA Crap Happ

I'm sure there's a ton more.

Ed Wade came from the Phillies and subsequently returned to Philadelphia after his Houston stint from 2007-2011 when Crane canned him. I guess he felt comfortable dealing with them because he dealt with the Phillies a ton. Not exhaustive, but names you'd recognize in that 3~ year period alone:

2007-2011

Dealt to Philadelphia:
Lidge
Bruntlett
Oswalt
Pence

Acquired/Signed FA by Houston from Philadelphia:
M. Bourne
Pedro Feliz
Brett Myers
J.A. Happ
Cosart

MAT
AG
Cromagnum said:

scrimp said:

MLB's top ten plays of the LCS games...

Link if you are interested....

10. Yank's Bader hits HR B6 G4 to go up 5-4.
9. Yank's Peraza makes good defensive play to rob Altuve, 0-0, B1 G2.
8. Philly's Hoskins hits 2R HR to go up 2-0, B3 G5.
7. Yank's Torres starts double play on good defensive play against Altuve, Astros up 3-2, B7, G2
6. Philly's Schwarber solo HRs to make it 2-0, T6 in G1.
5. Pena fires rocket to first after ball ricochets off Bregman's glove for 5-6-3 putout, Astros up 3-2, T6, G2
4. Pena HRs to tie it 3-3, T3, G4.
3. Philly's Jean Seguara makes a pair of diving plays in G3, 3rd inning and 7th inning
2. Judge's diving catch in 0-0 game, B1, G1.
1. Harper's 2R go ahead HR, B8 G5.

4 Yankee's plays, 4 Philly's plays, 2 Astros, 0 Padres.

Based off the highlights only, you'd think the Yankees got the sweep. C'mon MLB, at least pretend to to somewhat unbiased.

Lists are for losers.
Fyi... list was for "MLB's top ten plays of the LCS games" not LDS games.
Cromagnum
AG
Didn't pay that close of attention to LCS vs LDS.
Marvin
AG
Just don't tell me Pena, McCormick, and Brown were suspended for smoking weed in the locker room and all is well... unlike our Titanic of a football team.

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16
AG

One of them will be 3/3 after this series

However both of them probably got 2023 wrong
TXAG 05
AG
JDUB08AG said:

GigEmMortis said:

Kashchei said:

GigEmMortis said:

amercer said:

Don't like playing the NL east again

We exorcise those demons this year. Our pitching is way too good for them to keep up with in a 7 game series. And I feel like Alvarez and Altuve are starting to figure things out at the plate - just wish we didn't have to wait 5 days before we play again.

All that said, Astros in 5. I don't think it's realistic to think we sweep the entire playoffs, but we check every box against the Phils in a head-to-head comparison. Get ready to hang that banner again, boys.

In reference to my previous post, I wish I had your enthusiasm! Astros SHOULD win, but I still have extreme BAS. But please keep it coming!

The Astros are the only team I have confidence in these days. And trust me, 2019 haunts me as well. It still baffles me that a squad that loaded doesn't win it all. 2021 definitely hurt, but 2019 still stings to this day.

I just don't see that happening again.

This is why I've always maintained winning a World Series is the hardest of any of the major sports. Baseball is a weird sport and momentum can carry you in ways that other sports simply can't. If anything, it taught me to not take anything for granted.

I will say there is a different feeling to this team than any previous WS team in the last 6 years. It's very business like. Quiet confidence. Everyone seems to be in lock step.

Agreed. Reminds me of the 2014 Spurs. Just quietly going about their business, beating everyone's brains in.
tjack16
AG
Was browsing about an hour ago and fanatics accidentally marked down all merchandise by 40% … including new World Series.

got myself the low profile fitted hat for $30 and free shipping.. About 10 minutes later the sale was gone
MarathonAg12
Winning
Proudag06
AG
tjack16 said:

Was browsing about an hour ago and fanatics accidentally marked down all merchandise by 40% … including new World Series.

got myself the low profile fitted hat for $30 and free shipping.. About 10 minutes later the sale was gone

And why didn't you post this an hour ago?!
tjack16
AG
Proudag06 said:

tjack16 said:

And why didn't you post this an hour ago?!

My bad. In my defense I was half asleep, hadn't had coffee and I'm glad I only bought the one thing
MarathonAg12
Do it for my city!!!
n_touch
scd88 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

scd88 said:

Kashchei said:

scd88 said:

Lets do it soon

There had been talk before about seeing how much the outfield VIP section was for a game, but nothing ever came from it. Maybe something we can look into.
Mathguy64
AG
Great story on Mattress Mac, his life, his philanthropy, the hedge bets he's has been making. The man is an icon.

Mac and his money.
kegstand
AG
A lot of hand-wringing here and elsewhere about the Phillies and their "team of destiny" status, them being another NL East team, etc.

The Astros have been flirting with a dynasty for the last 6 years, but only have one ring. They are on the precipice of standing on top of the sport for a while for good. You don't get there without ripping some hearts out along the way. You know how many scruffy underdogs and "great story" teams get their hopes crushed? Most of them. We are the crushers now. Let's break their hearts.
bearkatag15
AG

Those are some lofty targets.
BadAggie
AG
Correa is absolutely going to be a Yankee.
n_touch
bearkatag15 said:

Those are some lofty targets.
Whats funny is I was having a talk with a friend yesterday that I could see Carlos end up in New York. Then a few minutes later one of the talking heads on MLB started talking about how New York's SS for next season is not locked in stone. I could not help but laughing.

Yankees trying to become Astros North, lol.
Ag_07
AG
What's interesting is the Yanks have a pretty legit SS prospect ready to step in.

They'll need to make a decision on whether to shell out for CC or go with the cheaper young kid.

Probably not a bad idea to kick the tires on Carlos and just see if he's down to play 3B to replace Donaldson.
Proudag06
AG
Hope they over pay for Correa and expect them to for Judge. Would hate for them to get JV.
First Page Last Page
Page 1851 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.