***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,642 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
GigEmMortis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
amercer said:

Don't like playing the NL east again

We exorcise those demons this year. Our pitching is way too good for them to keep up with in a 7 game series. And I feel like Alvarez and Altuve are starting to figure things out at the plate - just wish we didn't have to wait 5 days before we play again.

All that said, Astros in 5. I don't think it's realistic to think we sweep the entire playoffs, but we check every box against the Phils in a head-to-head comparison. Get ready to hang that banner again, boys.
Kashchei
AG
scd88 said:

I struggle with watching my teams on TV. I get so nervous I have a hard time enjoying it. At least when I am there, I can tell my ass off

Since we're all opening up here (and I've had a few stiff drinks already...)

I'm the exact same way and I always feel better when there are others I can relate to. Playoff baseball is the best and the worst. These last two weeks have been excruciating and exhilarating at the same time. I can hardly stand to watch the games I get so ****ing worked up. I know this is the "golden age" and I should be soaking every moment in, but damn it if I can only enjoy it if we win!

I just want a second ring. No one can ever take 2017 away. But 2019 still haunts me and all the cheating talk still gets old. I want this WS so bad! I don't know how I will handle losing 3 in a row...
astros4545
AG
wildmen09 said:

jg07 said:

I'm also going to Kyle on Saturday. But I'll be watching the Astros on my phone. The wifi in Kyle is good enough to stream.

Me too, me too. And I don't give a crap about anyone around me when the Astros score and I yell while the Aggies are ****ting up and down kyle
Same...And make sure you have an evacuation plan

I will be exiting if Ags get down by 3 scores at any point in the game and heading back to tailgate to watch Astros
Kashchei
AG
GigEmMortis said:

amercer said:

We exorcise those demons this year. Our pitching is way too good for them to keep up with in a 7 game series. And I feel like Alvarez and Altuve are starting to figure things out at the plate - just wish we didn't have to wait 5 days before we play again.

All that said, Astros in 5. I don't think it's realistic to think we sweep the entire playoffs, but we check every box against the Phils in a head-to-head comparison. Get ready to hang that banner again, boys.

In reference to my previous post, I wish I had your enthusiasm! Astros SHOULD win, but I still have extreme BAS. But please keep it coming!
scd88
AG
Kashchei said:

scd88 said:

I struggle with watching my teams on TV. I get so nervous I have a hard time enjoying it. At least when I am there, I can tell my ass off

I'm the exact same way and I always feel better when there are others I can relate to. Playoff baseball is the best and the worst. These last two weeks have been excruciating and exhilarating at the same time. I can hardly stand to watch the games I get so ****ing worked up. I know this is the "golden age" and I should be soaking every moment in, but damn it if I can only enjoy it if we win!

I just want a second ring. No one can ever take 2017 away. But 2019 still haunts me and all the cheating talk still gets old. I want this WS so bad! I don't know how I will handle losing 3 in a row...

Great post, man. We get this ring, the members of this thread need to have a ****ing party. Seriously.
David_Puddy
AG
Jet Black said:

I care more about Aggie Football than Astros baseball. Not even close.

Good God you have the uncanny desire to try & derail any thread that you post on. Majority of Aggies would trade a National Championship for a pro sports title but this is a freaking Astros thread. Why are you posting here if you care that much more about Aggie football? Stay your ass over on Liucci's board annoying people there instead
JDUB08AG
AG
With NIL, what used to clearly distinguish college and pro just isn't as clear cut anymore. NIL has tainted college sports and will never be the same.
scrimp
AG
Yeah, there were quite a number of plays that could have been included.

Off the top of my head--Chaz's HRs, Yuli HR, Bregman HRs, Vazquez RBI, Pressley's saves. All more meaningful that the #2 Judge's diving catch. Great catch, no doubt. Wasn't particularly meaningful, though.
GigEmMortis
AG
Kashchei said:

GigEmMortis said:

amercer said:

In reference to my previous post, I wish I had your enthusiasm! Astros SHOULD win, but I still have extreme BAS. But please keep it coming!

The Astros are the only team I have confidence in these days. And trust me, 2019 haunts me as well. It still baffles me that a squad that loaded doesn't win it all. 2021 definitely hurt, but 2019 still stings to this day.

I just don't see that happening again.
maca1028
n_touch said:

Kashchei said:

spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

Two gold banners would look so much better than 4 red banners
I know I will get crushed on this, but why is there not a red banner for 2017? Why does the WS banner take over? They are still the AL Champs.

I might get flamed for this but that community leader sign should be replaced with 2017 WS Champions. Schlumberger shouldn't be more noticeable over left center than our championship banners.
BadAggie
AG
Lol if the Ags were 8-0 all y'all would be pumped. C'mon.

McInnis
AG
Quote:

But 2019 still haunts me…
All of us. Two games at home to win one with Verlander and Grienke. I hardly ever get too confident in my teams. But I was then, maybe close to the same level as I had that our football team would beat Appalacian State. Should have known better. I'll admit, the Phillies make me nervous.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
David_Puddy
AG
Kashchei said:

scd88 said:

I feel you man. I watch every pitch of every game but it's excruciating sometimes. Honestly though when we got up 2-0 on the Yankees pretty easily I knew that series was over & didn't sweat the rest of the time. After game 3 beating Cole it was a wrap. I was much more nervous against the Mariners.

I'm nervous as hell about the Phillies. With how hot they've been, run scoring ability, & the PTSD from 2019 & 2021. We absolutely must get a 2nd title so the trash can BS will disappear. I do have confidence with the amount of damn good pitchers on the staff that we have. Compared to the other years when you factor in our bullpen the pitching from starters to delivers this year compared to the others isn't close.
jg07
AG
maca1028 said:

n_touch said:

Kashchei said:

spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

I know I will get crushed on this, but why is there not a red banner for 2017? Why does the WS banner take over? They are still the AL Champs.

I might get flamed for this but that community leader sign should be replaced with 2017 WS Champions. Schlumberger shouldn't be more noticeable over left center than our championship banners.
Crane should partner with Waste Management just to troll all those bleeders out there.
Bag
AG
maca1028 said:

n_touch said:

Kashchei said:

spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

Bruh, not the way the world works
JDUB08AG
AG
GigEmMortis said:

Kashchei said:

GigEmMortis said:

amercer said:

The Astros are the only team I have confidence in these days. And trust me, 2019 haunts me as well. It still baffles me that a squad that loaded doesn't win it all. 2021 definitely hurt, but 2019 still stings to this day.

This is why I've always maintained winning a World Series is the hardest of any of the major sports. Baseball is a weird sport and momentum can carry you in ways that other sports simply can't. If anything, it taught me to not take anything for granted.

I will say there is a different feeling to this team than any previous WS team in the last 6 years. It's very business like. Quiet confidence. Everyone seems to be in lock step.
scd88
AG
Sports is such a kick in the balls. Y'all pups don't understand how big a deal 2017 was. I never thought I'd see the Astros win a World Series in my lifetime. This MLB where inequity reigns with no hard salary cap. Team like Houston were never meant to win; just be trade suppliers for the contenders.

What this organization has become is amazing.

This year has got me. I will be crushed if we fall short.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I loved the Astros first. I went to 1-2 games a year in the cheap dome seats starting in the mid 80s. We grew up pretending to be Glen Davis, Craig Biggio and Bill Doran. I kinda knew who Bucky Richardson was when I started at TAMU in 2005 but only from his days with the Oilers.

College Football is also too intense, you lose one game and your season is mostly over. I love all 162 regular season games and the playoffs are just bonus

2017 gave me all I'll ever need from the Astros but I'd be ecstatic to take it all this year. I love every guy on the team
n_touch
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I loved the Astros first. I went to 1-2 games a year in the cheap dome seats starting in the mid 80s. We grew up pretending to be Glen Davis, Craig Biggio and Bill Doran. I kinda knew who Bucky Richardson was when I started at TAMU in 2005 but only from his days with the Oilers.

College Football is also too intense, you lose one game and your season is mostly over. I love all 162 regular season games and the playoffs are just bonus

2017 gave me all I'll ever need from the Astros but I'd be ecstatic to take it all this year. I love every guy on the team
I remember the $5 ticket with a coke can games
exp
AG
Kashchei said:

spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

There should still be 4 lcs banners now imo, not counting this year. I think it's more intuitive to show we have 4 (now 5) LCS pennants and 1 (soon to be 2) world championship trophies
Beau Holder
AG
JDUB08AG said:

GigEmMortis said:

Kashchei said:

GigEmMortis said:

amercer said:

This is why I've always maintained winning a World Series is the hardest of any of the major sports. Baseball is a weird sport and momentum can carry you in ways that other sports simply can't. If anything, it taught me to not take anything for granted.

I will say there is a different feeling to this team than any previous WS team in the last 6 years. It's very business like. Quiet confidence. Everyone seems to be in lock step.

They spent swaths of the regular season being frustrating as all hell despite the final win total, but you're right - they've kicked it into another gear in October that I've never seen from a team I root for. They look like they're the best team and they know it and they're unflappable.
McInnis
AG
Quote:

But 2019 still haunts me
I think seats in the Pavillion were $2 when I was a kid.
spadilly
S
I have had almost zero playoff anxiety this postseason. It's odd. I just have the feeling we were so much better than both SEA and NYY and never doubted we would win those convincingly.

No gut feeling on PHI yet, other than our pitching is lights out. I'm sure the pacing, stress eating, and mood swings are coming once friday rolls around and it's all on the line. Can't wait.
jkag89
Can't win a WS without winning a LCS, so that fourth pennant is represented with the Gold one.
cone
AG
nah

wgaf
Farmer1906
AG
Yup. I like this way of doing it. It's similar to what Boston does.
JDUB08AG
AG
spadilly said:

I have had almost zero playoff anxiety this postseason. It's odd. I just have the feeling we were so much better than both SEA and NYY and never doubted we would win those convincingly.

No gut feeling on PHI yet, other than our pitching is lights out. I'm sure the pacing, stress eating, and mood swings are coming once friday rolls around and it's all on the line. Can't wait.

Same here! It's the least collective stress I've had in the last 6 years. I mean I have moments where I clench, but these guys just give me the utmost confidence.

I'm still on the Dusty destiny train. For all his frustrations, the dude is liked by damned near everyone in baseball. This guy deserves a WS ring as a manager.
MarathonAg12
scd88 said:

Kashchei said:

scd88 said:

Great post, man. We get this ring, the members of this thread need to have a ****ing party. Seriously.
Totally down to contribute. I have enough bourbon for the next 10 years.

Lets do it soon
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Hell yeah we had coke cans for the Astros and Astroworld, only way we could afford it

scd88
AG
This team reminds me of the 2017 one. Better pitching, by a long ways, but not as great at the plate.

From a brotherhood and character standpoint, these guys are stupid strong. Multiple years of getting "**** you's" at every park, media bias, and getting shade thrown at them from their own cheating ass peers....

This team seems to have a lot of mental fortitude after years of getting challenged. They didn't fold; they have embraced the hate.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Imagine if you liked your coworkers as much as these guys seem too
McInnis
AG
Quote:

This team reminds me of the 2017 one. Better pitching, by a long ways, but not as great at the plate.
With Brantley it would be close wouldn't it? But yeah, the 2017 bullpen was held together with bailing wire. Giles imploded during post season. In the 7th games of the ACLS and WS starting pitchers had to come and and finish because they were so much better than anyone in the pen.
JDUB08AG
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Imagine if you liked your coworkers as much as these guys seem too

I've got a couple Baders that I work with
scd88
AG
Losing Mike hurt bad. Man, we struggled with our bats this year. People forget this team has had to adjust big time due to injuries.
First Page Last Page
Page 1850 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.