***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,886 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Astros Starters vs PHI this season

McCullers
6 IP
6 H
1 R
1 ER
5 SO
1 BB

Verlander
5 IP
0 H
0 R
0 ER
10 SO
1 BB

Valdez
5 IP
2 H
0 R
0 ER
10 SO
1 BB

The only BP arms they scored on were Maton & Urquidy. 2 guys that probably won't see the field.
Prosperdick
AG
YNWA_AG said:

The way we're always there the start time should have been 7:13.
Phrasing
AG
Farmer1906 said:

McCullers
6 IP
6 H
1 R
1 ER
5 SO
1 BB

Verlander
5 IP
0 H
0 R
0 ER
10 SO
1 BB

Valdez
5 IP
2 H
0 R
0 ER
10 SO
1 BB

The only BP arms they scored on were Maton & Urquidy. 2 guys that probably won't see the field.
Is that good?? That seems good.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Can we get MItch Williams to throw out the first pitch and accidentally throw it into their dugout for Game 1?

Weird how many players have played for both us and the Phillies over time.

Oswalt
Lidge
Wild Thing
Schilling
The legendary Garett Stubs
Ken Giles
Vince Velaquz
Brett Myers
Hunter Pence
Turk Farrell
Pete Incaviglia
Doug Jones
Jeff Juden
Milt Thompson
Brandon Duckworth
Zeke Astacio maybe?
Michael Bourn
JA Crap Happ

I'm sure there's a ton more.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

McCullers
6 IP
6 H
1 R
1 ER
5 SO
1 BB

Verlander
5 IP
0 H
0 R
0 ER
10 SO
1 BB

Valdez
5 IP
2 H
0 R
0 ER
10 SO
1 BB

I'd take each of those again, but 6 innings for JV and Framber!

But for real - I know they have been hot, but they are about to run into a starting pitching buzz saw.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Like to see Dusty get off the plane dressed in this Kenny Powers outfit.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
bearkatag15
AG
Mad Dog predicts Astros in 6 on High Heat
jetch17
AG
Astwhooooas in sax?

Cromagnum
AG
Marvin said:

Some fan talk out of Philadelphia:

Quote:

'm not trying to be a poor sport here, but 7 consecutive post season wins? 4 of them against the Yankees? I'm not saying it isn't possible, but...
Quote:

Astros are underratedly inconsistent. Altuve and Yordan couldn't buy a hit this series and those are their best two hitters. Their just isn't super consistent and the hot hitting will steamroll them this series
Quote:

EXACTLY. 106 wins? cool. Haven't lost in the postseason? great.

WE HAVE HARPER. Field leveled.
Quote:

Take 1 of the games in Houston and the Astros are in BIG TROUBLE. This is not a place you want to play as a visitor with your season hanging in the balance. If they come back to Philly 1-1, look out.
Quote:

We definitely need Wheeler and Nola to lead from the front. Astros haven't played here since 2017. Different team, different place, but this stadium and this crowd can absolutely un-nerve even the best. Your only starter that has ever pitched here is Verlander, and that was once. Your bullpen hasn't done well here at all. Stanek got knocked around, Maton got knocked around, Montero got knocked around, and don't get us started on Hector Neris.

The Phillies, like the Astros, haven't lost at home all post-season. One game breaking serve can be a problem. Ask the Braves and Padres all about that.

Philadelphia isn't a hostile environment. It's THE hostile environment. Even announcers are amazed at how hostile (and well educated on players' faults) the crowd is. Banging trash cans is NOTHING. Get ready.
Quote:

Astros dont scare me, they havent faced adversity all year, waltzed their way to 100 wins and waltzed their way through the playoffs. This series will be a repeat of the 2014 WS between the Tigers and Giants. Phils in 5.
Quote:

I can't stop thinking about how ironic it was when Phils captured last playoff spot in Houston. Houston put up a congrats Philadelphia on their scoreboard. Now we get to let them do it again potentially in a Game 6 or 7.
Quote:

The Astros are so ****ed lmfao
Quote:

Useless Yankees couldn't even win a game to help us out and burn out the Astros pitching a little bit.
Quote:

If ya'll could go ahead and beat the cheaters in the World Series, that would be super.
Quote:

I was kind of hoping for the poverty Yankees to pull off an unlikely ALCS win so we could get revenge for 2009, but oh well. I guess we'll just have to continue the tradition of NL East teams beating the Astros in the World Series.
Quote:

I just cannot be mad if we lose, but for the love of god if we can beat the Astros that would mean everything and then some.
Quote:

The Astros are a better team on paper. But so were the Cardinals. And the Braves. And the Padres.

This lineup can beat anyone, and Wheeler and Nola can shut down an offense even as good as the Astros. And we've got destiny on our side.

And my favorite so far:
Quote:

You know, after years of getting boo'd by everyone in both the regular season and deep in the playoffs, I think they might be better prepared for playoffs in Philly better than anyone. We better think of some truly unacceptable **** to scream at them.

Boy are they in for a surprise...
bearkatag15
AG
Mad Dog is a pretty big idiot though..

Beat40
Pretty much how I feel.
Prosperdick
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

McCullers
6 IP
6 H
1 R
1 ER
5 SO
1 BB

Verlander
5 IP
0 H
0 R
0 ER
10 SO
1 BB

Valdez
5 IP
2 H
0 R
0 ER
10 SO
1 BB

I'd take each of those again, but 6 innings for JV and Framber!

But for real - I know they have been hot, but they are about to run into a starting pitching buzz saw.

Good pitching traditionally beats good hitting...but then again, it's baseball. I don't care if it takes 4 game or 7 games that each go 18 innings, we've got to get the hardware.
htxag09
AG
Quote:

Astros dont scare me, they havent faced adversity all year, waltzed their way to 100 wins and waltzed their way through the playoffs. This series will be a repeat of the 2014 WS between the Tigers and Giants. Phils in 5.

Wtf does this even mean? We're so good that it didn't faze us that 3 of our top 4 hitters slumped and we still swept the mariners and Yankees? And that's a good thing?
bearkatag15
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Hate to break it to those guys, but we've given up 2.5 runs per game in the playoffs.... against teams that used DH's instead of pitchers!!!

No idea why they would have anything but fear/respect going into this series!
bullard21k
AG
jr15aggie said:

Hate to break it to those guys, but we've given up 2.5 runs per game in the playoffs.... against teams that used DH's instead of pitchers!!!

There was a universal DH this year

That's like the 8th person that's said that today.
Marvin
AG
Testing out the TexAgs app…

Random pic
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
htxag09
AG
Wait, what?
Mr.Bond
AG
htxag09 said:

Wait, what?

It's for gay iOS only
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

htxag09
AG
Well I'm on that gay iOS….
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
htxag09 said:

Well I'm on that gay iOS….

Ha! Gaaaaaaaaaaay!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

htxag09
AG
Just saw it on the premium board. It's in beta. I don't have two stars so can't read the thread
jr15aggie
AG
bullard21k said:

jr15aggie said:

There was a universal DH this year

That's like the 8th person that's said that today.

Just doing our part to make it easier for you die hards to identify those of us that are inferior!

Marvin
AG
Yeah, it's in testing. Seems like a halfway point between mobile and desktop versions based on the little I have used it this afternoon.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
htxag09
AG
Knowing the rules = diehard?
bullard21k
AG
htxag09 said:

Just let him go he's on a roll
BadAggie
AG
htxag09 said:

Quote:

Wtf does this even mean? We're so good that it didn't faze us that 3 of our top 4 hitters slumped and we still swept the mariners and Yankees? And that's a good thing?

The mistake you made was the assumption of an intelligent Philly sports fan.
tjack16
AG
I want a new WS jersey… but I think I'm going to save the money and just buy a $15 patch online to have embroidered onto a current jersey I have
BadAggie
AG
Pretty sure average Yankee fan was assuming Judge would light up the ALCS like Philly fans seem to think Harper will in the WS
jr15aggie
AG
bullard21k said:

htxag09 said:

Just let him go he's on a roll

Some of y'all missed the winky face and the sarcasm. I was poking fun at myself and the rest of us that obviously don't watch that much baseball outside of the Astros. Sorry, I thought we are all having fun over here all things considered!
Wabs
AG
BadAggie said:

Pretty sure average Yankee fan was assuming Judge would light up the ALCS like Philly fans seem to think Harper will in the WS
Schwarber and Harper are Philadelphia's Stanton and Judge. How did that turn out?
MarathonAg12
Aggies playing a 7-1 Ole Miss at the same time we play the Astros.

Prep thy liver. Going to shut off the Ags if they play like bull***** Don't need that destroying my Astros viewing.
bearkatag15
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Aggies playing a 7-1 Ole Miss at the same time we play the Astros.

Prep thy liver. Going to shut off the Ags if they play like bull***** Don't need that destroying my Astros viewing.

Yeah I'm not watching any football Saturday evening
First Page Last Page
Page 1847 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.