***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,320,276 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClickClack said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Had to. Arriving soon.

Last time I got a World Series patch hat was 2017. Ordered one last night.

Paid extra for 2 day shipping. They better not wait a week to ship it. I'm in New England so it's my only option.

Man let me know how that goes. I avoided the extra shipping fees because it said that it would not ship until November 2
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

That mischievous grin was fantastic...
TarponChaser
David_Puddy said:

TarponChaser said:

Bigfoot Is Real said:

I've always thought it was a mistake for fans and other clubs to keep dragging the Stros. The already close bond the team had got even stronger through the turmoil.

For sure. Same for the media to do it.

It's the sanctimonious hypocrisy of it all that pisses me off. Because any fan with an ounce of honesty and self-awareness knows or should know that their team was doing it too. It's abundantly clear the Yankees and Red Sox were using electronic sign-stealing too. The Dodgers, Cubs, Nats, Braves, and Cardinals were all credibly accused of it too. Hell, anybody with an ounce of sense knows that the reason MLB gave the Astros players immunity is because if they didn't they would have taken down the rest of MLB with them.

The reason they only had to fire Hinch as a reprimand is because they provided video evidence of 19 other teams doing it in the 2017 season as well. Idiots don't ever stop and think about this sort of thing when they bring it up.

I either missed or forgot that part.
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc said:

Oh no...do not do this James...resist!
Must resist the temptation Click! If pitchers were still allowed to only face one batter this move kinda, sorta might make a bit of sense but since this is no longer the case and the Astros righty relievers have shown to handle lefties quite well, hell no.
ClickClack
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

ClickClack said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Had to. Arriving soon.

Last time I got a World Series patch hat was 2017. Ordered one last night.

Paid extra for 2 day shipping. They better not wait a week to ship it. I'm in New England so it's my only option.

Man let me know how that goes. I avoided the extra shipping fees because it said that it would not ship until November 2

I honestly missed that part until after I placed my order. I was kind of assuming that was a backstop for them but that they'd ship it in the next couple days. We'll see…
MarathonAg12
I'm sure they will refund you
n_touch
bearkatag15 said:

He deleted it but this is awesome

Was this real? If so absolute fricking amazing
bearkatag15
AG
n_touch said:

bearkatag15 said:

I think so. It's someone else's screenshot off twitter
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

n_touch said:

bearkatag15 said:

I think so. It's someone else's screenshot off twitter

Here it is from a different person
Texaggie7nine
7nine
shano0603
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG
k20dub
AG
Laughing to myself thinking of 24 hours ago, Stanton and Judge were watching highlights of Big Papi hitting dingers in 04 searching for inspiration.
Farmer1906
AG
JDUB08AG
AG
When he said "bury me in the H" I woke my wife up bc I whispered "**** yeah", but it really wasn't a whisper.
Cromagnum
AG
To be fair, quite a few on here had elbows that looked like that with all the "talent" that was posted during the game.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
k20dub said:

Laughing to myself thinking of 24 hours ago, Stanton and Judge were watching highlights of Big Papi hitting dingers in 04 searching for inspiration.
So dumb.

Its like getting the astros fired up by playing the lidge/pujols homerun on a loop. "You see that guys!? If Pujold can hit a 500 ft bomb on the best closer so can you!"
Jaydoug
AG
Where can a I get a personalized space city jersey?
Farmer1906
AG
Lance rocking his Scottish Clan.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Lance rocking his Scottish Clan.
Vi et animo, Latin for **** the Yankees or strength and courage. My Latin is rusty.
htxag09
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

k20dub said:

So dumb.

Its like getting the astros fired up by playing the lidge/pujols homerun on a loop. "You see that guys!? If Pujold can hit a 500 ft bomb on the best closer so can you!"
Eh, yes, I think it's dumb and wouldn't have shown it, and I have and will continue to make fun of them for it.

That being said, most players aren't diehard fans like us. They probably didn't watch the highlights and come back to the gut punch feeling fans had when it originally happened because they never had that feeling to begin with. So, I do understand, to some extent, why Boone showed a team coming back to win after being down 3-0, even if that team did it to the Yankees. Again, wouldn't have been my choice.....
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
The only appropriate context for showing that video

"the yankees have been a punchline since this happened and you have the ability to change that narrative"
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
McInnis said:

It's easy to pinpoint the exact moment when the Astro's total dominance of the Yankees began. Judge hit the home run to beat the Astros last summer the weekend before the ASG. Then tugged his jersey rounding the bases. Then Sanchez did it the next day. Yankees had a late lead in that Sunday game, about to gain a 5-1 season series win. Then Altuve walked it off and the Astros have a record of 9-2 against them since that day. Almost like it's not a good idea to piss these guys off.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yankees-astros-jose-altuve-gets-last-laugh-teammates-rip-off-jersey-following-walk-off-home-run/
The Astros dominance started years before that
Chef Elko
AG
n_touch said:

bearkatag15 said:

The Astros made Jomboy. Him being a crybaby troll during the sign stealing saga was his big break.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15
AG
All I do is Nguyen
When SAS is upset, America wins
gougler08
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

When SAS is upset, America wins

The entitlement is amazing
bearkatag15
AG
W
AG
more fun with numbers...

Jeremy Pena ---> 6 x-base hits in 7 postseason games

Astros HoF legend ---> 6 x-base hits in 33 postseason games
jetch17
AG
F SAS
lil99chris
AG
Stephen A. Smith is right. Yankees fans can talk all about those 27 World Series Championships, but they only have 1 (2009) in the past 20 years. That's a lot of money and talk going out for 1 championship.
First Page Last Page
Page 1844 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.