***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,320,217 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Chrundle the Great
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody that's on the ticket exchange groups, is there decent activity for WS tickets?

I've sent a request to join two of them hoping to get 3 tickets for Friday.
zgood10
AG
Looking forward to a Joe Buck-less World Series
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Oh no...do not do this James...resist!
All I do is Nguyen
The Porkchop Express said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Panama Red said:

So Philly will win at least one game next week.

I'm going to laugh my fat white ass off if the Texans somehow find a way to beat the Eagles
That would be a very Texans thing to do. They have a really uncanny ability to win one game a year where they are double-digit underdogs to a playoff-bound team.

Last year they beat the Titans when Houston was 1-8 and Tennessee was 8-2.

Exactly my point! They always somehow find a way to beat someone they have zero business even contending with, I just hope it's this game against the very hated eagles
TarponChaser
Bigfoot Is Real said:

I've always thought it was a mistake for fans and other clubs to keep dragging the Stros. The already close bond the team had got even stronger through the turmoil.

For sure. Same for the media to do it.

It's the sanctimonious hypocrisy of it all that pisses me off. Because any fan with an ounce of honesty and self-awareness knows or should know that their team was doing it too. It's abundantly clear the Yankees and Red Sox were using electronic sign-stealing too. The Dodgers, Cubs, Nats, Braves, and Cardinals were all credibly accused of it too. Hell, anybody with an ounce of sense knows that the reason MLB gave the Astros players immunity is because if they didn't they would have taken down the rest of MLB with them.
Wabs
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Oh no...do not do this James...resist!
And I would trust Smith to get exactly none of those lefties out.
aftershock

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Downright unamerican to not root for the Astros
All I do is Nguyen
Also, can we just mention that Altuve got TWO whole hits in yesterday's game? He has broken out of his slump at just the right time.

Let's hope he carries this momentum into the WS and gets a few leadoff HRs this series!
Wabs
AG
It sucks having this much of a layoff between games, but I think it actually favors the Astros. One, it could cool off a very hot PHI lineup, and two the Astros are accustomed to shaking off rust and regaining form.
Prosperdick
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Since he had a Tombstone clip he should have added "To all the Yankees:
bigjag19
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Also, can we just mention that Altuve got TWO whole hits in yesterday's game? He has broken out of his slump at just the right time.

Let's hope he carries this momentum into the WS and gets a few leadoff HRs this series!

And a clutch walk, and what should have been a lead off walk.
Beat40
Wabs said:

It sucks having this much of a layoff between games, but I think it actually favors the Astros. One, it could cool off a very hot PHI lineup, and two the Astros are accustomed to shaking off rust and regaining form.
I just like that it gives the pitching/coaching staff plenty of time to gameplan for Schwarber and Harper.
Cromagnum
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

If he can keep going AND Yordan gets hot at the same time...it's game.
Cromagnum
AG
Who gives a **** about dexterity matchups. Pitch your best guys.
JohnLA762
AG
Cromagnum said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

If he can keep going AND Jordan gets hot at the same time...it's game.

Wait is Jordan Peña or Yordan?
Quad Dog
AG
The Astros played more innings in their 3 game sweep (35.5) of the Mariners than they did in their 4 game sweep of the Yankees (35).

The first game of the Mariners series went to the bottom of the ninth, something the Yankees never did at Minute Maid.
Cromagnum
AG
JohnLA762 said:

Cromagnum said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

If he can keep going AND Jordan gets hot at the same time...it's game.

Wait is Jordan Peña or Yordan?

Typo because my phone has not learned better.
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
Somebody went to a lot of trouble for this:
wangus12
AG
Panama Red said:

So Philly will win at least one game next week.

Watch the ****ing Texans hand the Eagles their first lost lol
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Someone take the "we want houston" vid and follow it with the f around and find out guy
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Someone take the "we want houston" vid and follow it with the f around and find out guy
Philly fans were chanting it too...hope we give them the same treatment
MarathonAg12
Girl dad life

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Love it, especially the yankee tears in the bottom of the glass!

My oldest daughter kept sneaking out of bed last night to get score updates. She was ecstatic this morning when I told her we won!
David_Puddy
AG
TarponChaser said:

Bigfoot Is Real said:

I've always thought it was a mistake for fans and other clubs to keep dragging the Stros. The already close bond the team had got even stronger through the turmoil.

For sure. Same for the media to do it.

It's the sanctimonious hypocrisy of it all that pisses me off. Because any fan with an ounce of honesty and self-awareness knows or should know that their team was doing it too. It's abundantly clear the Yankees and Red Sox were using electronic sign-stealing too. The Dodgers, Cubs, Nats, Braves, and Cardinals were all credibly accused of it too. Hell, anybody with an ounce of sense knows that the reason MLB gave the Astros players immunity is because if they didn't they would have taken down the rest of MLB with them.

The reason they only had to fire Hinch as a reprimand is because they provided video evidence of 19 other teams doing it in the 2017 season as well. Idiots don't ever stop and think about this sort of thing when they bring it up.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Phillies are a lot like the Yankees were in the regular season where Schwarber (46 HR) hits leadoff. Guy led the league in strikeouts only hit like .215 but also draws a ****-ton of walks (86).

Harper's the real beast. he missed 60 games hurt after having back-to-back months of May June with OPS of 1.078 and 1.095. He sucked in September (hit .196) but has been unstoppable int he playoffs .286 vs the Cardinals, .500 vs the Braves with a 1.592 OPS and .400 vs. the Padres with a 1.250 OPS. Plus he'll be Fox's driven narrative as the greatest player in the series without a ring and in his first WS.

I haven't followed the rest of their lineup much this year, I had Harper and Schwarber in Fantasy Baseball. They have a lot of pop. JT REalmuto had a 20-20 season as a catcher and 84 RBi, and Rhys Hoskins had 30 HR and 79 RBI at 1B.

They also just missed becoming the 5th unit all time to have 3 guys combine for 500 strikeouts (the Braves did it this year). Schwarber had 200, Hoskins had 169 and Nick Castellanos had 130. Realmuto had 119 and 3B Alec Bohm had 110. Harper would have easily passed 100 if he had stayed healthy.

Very much a bullpen by committee. None of their guys had more than 12 saves, but seven guys had at least 2. Their best pitcher Zach Wheeler was 12-7 with a 2.82 ERA. Their #1 guy Nola was 11-13 with a 3.25 ERA. he struck out 235 guys in 205 innings. Only one other guy, Wheeler, averaged more than 1 strikeout per inning. Their pitching has been really strong in the post-season, especially against the Braves. Neither of the other 2 series was much of an upset, but they whipped Atlanta quick.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
cone
AG
i love that Michael Kay is still bringing up 2019 buzzer conspiracy on the post game

eat **** you miserable c suckers

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Which umpire crew are we getting
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

ClickClack
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Had to. Arriving soon.

Last time I got a World Series patch hat was 2017. Ordered one last night.

Paid extra for 2 day shipping. They better not wait a week to ship it. I'm in New England so it's my only option.
Beat40
I'm only getting a hat if we win it, same as I did in 2017.
The Porkchop Express
AG
More pics as I continue to procrastinate

ClickClack
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The fix was in.

Nah, didn't you hear? Maldonado is a legendary framer. We have the scales tipped to us.
ClickClack
AG
Beat40 said:

I was looking through my pile of Astros hats last night at 1am. Forgot I ordered the WS patch, the WS champ one high crown AND low crown. This is why I have 20 Astros hats I guess.
The Porkchop Express
AG
ClickClack said:

Beat40 said:

I was looking through my pile of Astros hats last night at 1am. Forgot I ordered the WS patch, the WS champ one high crown AND low crown. This is why I have 20 Astros hats I guess.
I gotta upgrade. I've got my Cruz throwback jersey and a '17 T-shirt. I lost my '17 hat on Splash Mountain at Disney World in 2018. One daughter has an Altuve jersey, the other has an orange generic jersey.
First Page Last Page
Page 1843 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.