***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,317,783 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love these snap chat memories
PhatMack19
AG
Nino Brown
Ag_07 said:

But I like Framber at home.

He gets rattled easily and Yankee Stadium is tough. I'd rather Lance take the bump in NY.

Agreed. Not much rattles LMJ. But Framber is 10-2 this year with a 2.27.
Farmer1906
AG
PhatMack19 said:

He was a rookie in 2016 and wasn't in the postseason.
bearkatag15
AG

Eso si, Que es
Farmer1906 said:

PhatMack19 said:

He was a rookie in 2016 and wasn't in the postseason.

Mia interpreted your post
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I see they announced Framber in game 2. I want ground ball pitchers in Yankee stadium.
Farmer1906
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

I see they announced Framber in game 2. I want ground ball pitchers in Yankee stadium.

Lance is one of the top ground ball pitchers in baseball.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Maybe the Astros don't expect it to go to 7 games. Or they trust Johnny Wholestaff.
Eso si, Que es
Framber has more than earned the right for 2 starts in CS. No one is great on 3 days rest. If we go 7, the Astros have a huge advantage with our arms.

Game 7 against Yankees is like 18th inning against M's. We still got 2 more innings of Garcia, plus Urquiddy, plus Javier while they only had Robbie Ray left.

Going deep in a series against Astros is tough.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

I want ground ball pitchers in Yankee stadium.

Also a good point

Framber on the road in that environment just scares the crap outta me. He unraveled a bit in the ALDS at home. He's a ticking time bomb in NY.

Don't get me wrong Framber is a stud but that GM 2 and him getting rattled shows me he hasn't quite overcome the pressure/mental aspect of being an ace.

He was also pretty boom or bust last year in the postseason. I like protecting him as much as possible.

tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Also a good point

Framber on the road in that environment just scares the crap outta me. He unraveled a bit in the ALDS at home. He's a ticking time bomb in NY.

Don't get me wrong Framber is a stud but that GM 2 and him getting rattled shows me he hasn't quite overcome the pressure/mental aspect of being an ace.

He was also pretty boom or bust last year in the postseason. I like protecting him as much as possible.

He threw a gem in game 5 at Fenway last year.

He doesn't worry me, but in that ballpark a fly ball to right scares me. So guys like Garcia would worry me at Yankee stadium
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Ag_07 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Also a good point

He doesn't worry me, but in that ballpark a fly ball to right scares me. So guys like Garcia would worry me at Yankee stadium

Why would Garcia get a start in Yankee?
AggieJ2002
AG
Rain in the forecast for Sun night in NYC ... I'll bet the Yanks are eager to have that game postponed allowing them to either pitch Cole on full rest in a possible game 7
Wabs
AG
Let Framber go in game 2 at home. Don't' start jacking with the plan.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Ag_07 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Also a good point

Why would Garcia get a start in Yankee?

Didn't say he'd start… but I'd be sure he will get multiple innings at some point
FrioAg 00
AG
Game 1 Verlander
Game 2 Framber
Game 3 LMJ
Game 4 Garcia

If up 3-1:
Game 5 Urquidy
Game 6 Verlander (5 days rest)
game 7 Framber (5 days rest)

If tied or down:
Game 5 Verlander (4 days rest)
Game 6 Framber (4 days rest)
Game 7 LMJ (3 days rest), relieved early by Javier /Brown /Urquidy
Ag_07
AG
Little premature I think.

He only gets multiple innings if a starter throws a stinker or we get another long ass 18 inning game.
bobinator
AG
I think it's too easy to get lost in the forest when you start what-iffing the pitching.

We got here with JV and Framber, you go with JV and Framber and then see where you're at after that.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Not sure about the rest of you, but as we get deeper I've started seeing more random posters again...oh the bandwagon joys
k20dub
AG
How are those with Fubo watching the series?
Marvin
AG
Some interesting considerations here... number of starts, infield vs outfield for defensive points, save opportunities, etc.

Suggestion: Strikeouts, leaving a runner at 3rd with less than 2 outs, and hit into double plays should be negative points for batters. Fielders and pitchers have consequences, but not batters... doesn't seem right.

I'll take Altuve, Alvarez, Verlander, Pressly.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Post removed:
by user
Marvin
AG
k20dub said:

Hulu sub for a couple of weeks.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Little premature I think.

He only gets multiple innings if a starter throws a stinker or we get another long ass 18 inning game.
Exactly. He is probably the 7th guy out of the bullpen after Pressly, Montero, Abreu, Neris, Stanek, & Brown. Maybe 8th depending on Seth.
BayAg_14
Praying we get Cy Young Verlander tonight. We will find out pretty early if it is or not.
Farmer1906
AG
k20dub said:

Paused Fubo for 6 months for YoutubeTV.
Harry Stone
AG
Can you imagine having a healthy Michael Brantley right now.
Bag
AG
Wabs said:

Dance with what brung ya
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Stone said:

Can you imagine having a healthy Michael Brantley right now.
Yes.

bobinator
AG
I'm using my in-laws xfinity account on the TBS app.
Farmer1906
AG
Bag said:

Wabs said:

Dance with what brung ya

Quote:

We got here with JV and Framber, you go with JV and Framber and then see where you're at after that.

Not that I have any issue with Framber in game 2, but I disagree with this mindset. What you did doesn't matter. Play whoever gives you the best shot to win. Now obviously, you base a lot of who gives you the best shot to win on "what you did", but if JV lays an egg tonight and then looks mediocre in game 5 then I would 100% start our other 3 aces over him in the WS if that's an option.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bag said:

Wabs said:

Dance with what brung ya

Quote:

Not that I have any issue with Framber in game 2, but I disagree with this mindset. What you did doesn't matter. Play whoever gives you the best shot to win. Now obviously, you base a lot of who gives you the best shot to win on "what you did", but if JV lays an egg tonight and then looks mediocre in game 5 then I would 100% start our other 3 aces over him in the WS if that's an option.

Might not have to worry about the WS in that scenario...
2ndAggie
AG
You know what I enjoy is arod talking about cheating in the pre-game show.

Bro, you cheated, I would avoid the crap out of that subject.
First Page Last Page
Page 1583 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.