***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,317,991 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going for it....
Astros in 4

Cole deals in game 3 but we get to him late and knock him out, leading to victory

Pena and Tuve go on a tear on both sides of the ball

Judge in 4 games has 11+K's
amercer
AG
All this positivity makes me uncomfortable. Yankees were the best team in baseball for a long stretch of the season and literally no one is picking them.

Don't love it
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W said:

it would be nice if the 7-8-9 hitters contribute to the offense...

especially on the payline: runs scored and RBI

need Mancini, Vazquez, Chas, Machete, Diaz to get in the mix
I think it's time to give Hensley a shot at DH for a game. Do it at home tonight. See how he does. Mancini is all in his head at this point.
bearkatag15
AG
amercer said:

All this positivity makes me uncomfortable. Yankees were the best team in baseball for a long stretch of the season and literally no one is picking them.

Don't love it

Sack up Nancy
Farmer1906
AG
Looking at the Yankee SP Split, a few things caught my attention.

-Cole is a reverse splits guy this season. This isn't the case for most of his career. I'll have to look to see what he's doing well vs lefties or less well vs righties.
-Cortes was a reverse splits guy last season, but this year is very very good against lefties.
-Sevy is pretty even this year, but in the past lefties hit him.
-Tailon just kinda sucks. We better rock him.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
amercer said:

Don't love it
They were the worst team in baseball for a long stretch.
htxag09
AG
amercer said:

Don't love it

It's the ****ing playoffs. Do you expect to be playing the rangers? Sack up
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
amercer said:

Don't love it
I get the trepidation but check that BAS (Battered Astro Syndrome) at the door. Whatever happens happens, but we have been the better team this year.

Not saying the Jankess don't have a punchers chance, because they obviously do. But if our pitching is on point this series and beyond, there's no one that can beat us
Farmer1906
AG
amercer said:

Don't love it
That team doesn't exist anymore.

Go look at the bullpen. It's gone.

They went 23-31 in July & Aug.

They snuck by the Guardians and their anemic offense.

But its the playoffs. Who the hell knows?
cone
AG
padres coulda shoulda won last night, but they didn't

anything can happen
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I just know that if we were to lose this series, the Yankees, their fans, and all of MLB media would be absolutely insufferable.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
amercer said:

Don't love it

They were never the best team. Having the best record is a different thing altogether.
amercer
AG
I think that's my point. Playoffs are a coin toss. 99% of people calling heads doesn't work out.

Will feel a lot better once the Astros win game one.
Farmer1906
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Astros in 5.

I think our pitching is too elite. If JV has another stinker Dusty better pull him early rather than let him go.

Altuve wakes up this series i hope, because him going 0-fer is absolutely crazy to me.
100%

We have a loaded arm barn.

We can get 7 with Javier, Seth, Abreu, Neris, Stenek, Montero, & Pressly all going 1 inning.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

amercer said:

Don't love it

In reality, you have to be careful with Judge and you can't put a low mistake to Stanton. Outside of that, you can be got, but you can handle them.

They've really only scored on HRs, so limit the walks.
Ag_07
AG
amercer said:

Don't love it

I think your overlooking the ramifications of playing a 5 game series with an already crap BP.

Also overlooking the Cole won't go until GM 3 and Cortez not until GM 4 and only one appearance for the series.

Having to play 5 games has decimated their pitching and this is a 7 game series.
AggiEE
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

amercer said:

Don't love it

In reality, you have to be careful with Judge and you can't put a low mistake to Stanton. Outside of that, you can be got, but you can handle them.

They've really only scored on HRs, so limit the walks.

Yup strategy is pretty simple. Dodge around Judge and Stanton giving them nothing good to hit, limit walks, go after the remainder of their lineup

Anything can happen in the playoffs but I feel better about a 7 game series against Yankees than a 5 game series against the Mariners

Our hitters need to stay relaxed and not go full hero mode like they did in game 3
bearkatag15
AG

The Yankees pitching situation is interesting. They didn't use Luetge, Abreu, Castro or German at all in the ALDS. Holmes, Loaisiga and Peralta are probably all down tonight.

Trivino has always given us trouble so I imagine he is a big part of the strategy for them.
cone
AG
that's not going to ever change
Mr President Elect
AG
bearkatag15 said:

The Yankees pitching situation is interesting. They didn't use Luetge, Abreu, Castro or German at all in the ALDS. Holmes, Loaisiga and Peralta are probably all down tonight.

Trivino has always given us trouble so I imagine he is a big part of the strategy for them.
Would only expect Loaisiga to be down. Relievers get used in back-to-back days all the time as long as their pitch count was around 15.
Ag_07
AG
They have said they won't use Holmes in back to back days given his injury woes this year.

Plus I think he threw 2 innings last night.
wangus12
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I just know that if we were to lose this series, the Yankees, their fans, and all of MLB media would be absolutely insufferable.
Not even just this series, but damn it we have to somehow, some way get another WS ring. We've been dominant for 6 years. 6 straight ALCS. 3 WS. Best team in baseball. We have to get another ring. We have too
Bag
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

roof open tonight?
Ag_07
AG
Not a chance

It's gonna be in the 40s tonight.
AustinCountyAg
Bag said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

roof open tonight?
no. MLB already said it will be closed
XXXVII
CFTXAG10 said:

One of the greatest baseball moments I've seen. The look on that jankees pitcher's face is hilarious.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
bearkatag15
AG

Phillies win game 1 and still aren't ahead of SD in today's power rankings lol
Nino Brown
If we hit, we win.

It's really that simple. We always have at least 1 game we multiple guys struggling at the plate. Just cavtglst that turn into 2-3 games.
bearkatag15
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
So back in 2019, I concocted a game for my wife and kids to play with me to help them follow along in the playoffs better. Everyone gets to pick 2 position players, 1 starting pitcher, and 1 reliever, and then you get points based on their peformances in the playoffs.

And let me just say it's worked marvelously, as last night one of my girls named 6 Astro starters while my wife could only name 4.

Anyway, thought I'd turn it loose on here to make things a bit more fun. No pressure to play or not. If you want to though, either PM your picks or reply to this message so it'll light up on my end. Picks are due before the first pitch - 6:37 p.m. tonight. If you edit your picks, you are DQed. It's pretty simple, but fun, and if I get enough entries I'll spreadsheet it up.

Send me your 2 batters, 1 starter, 1 reliever - only Astros, no Yankees

Batters (pick 2)
Single, walk, HBP, reach on an error: 1 point
Double: 2 points
Triple: 3 points
Home run: 4 points
Run scored: 3 points
RBI: 3 points
Stolen base: 2 points
Sacrifice bunt: 1 point
Game-winning RBI: 3-point bonus
Game-winning Run: 3-point bonus

Pitchers (pick 1 starter and 1 reliever)
Pitchers designated as starters for the contest: Verlander, Valdez, McCullers, Garcia, Javier, Urquidy
Everyone else is designated as a reliever, but you get credit if they wind up starting a game and vice versa.

Scoreless inning pitched (pitch at least 2/3rds of that inning): 1 point
Strikeout: 1 point
Hit/walk/HBP allowed: -0.5 points
Run allowed: -1 point
Unearned run allowed: no points lost
Credit for a hold: 3 points
Credit for a save: 3 points
Credit for a win: 5 points
Pitch a complete game: 5-point bonus
Pitch a complete-game shutout: 7-point bonus

Defense (for pitchers and hitters)
Commit an error in the field: -1 points
Commit an error that leads to a run: -3 points
Be part of a double play: 2 point bonus
Be part of a triple play: 3 point bonus
Throw a runner out at the plate: 3 point bonus
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I like this. I want 2 LMJ starts in this series.

But on the flip side, I want Lance pitching in Yankee. See him fueled by the hate. Lance vs Cole is such a sweet match up.
The Porkchop Express
AG
ESPN seems to think Boone might bump Cole up to Game 2 on 3 days rest so he can pitch twice.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Ag_07
AG
But I like Framber at home.

He gets rattled easily and Yankee Stadium is tough. I'd rather Lance take the bump in NY.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I dont handle playoffs well at all. I feel like Im going to throw up the whole time. Im a knee jerk reaction guy.

I feel uncharacteristically confident about this series.
First Page Last Page
Page 1582 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.