***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,318,132 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag4life80
AG
Just a reminder to those who interact with Jankee fans:

The player who benefitted the most from the cheating was Marwin Gonzales. He signed a big contract after 2017 and has been a flop ever since. He is now on the Jankee roster

Altuve hit around .370 on the road in 2017 and around .310 at MM. Hmmmmm

Altuve hit a belt-high hanging slider off Chapman in 2019. Chapman couldn't throw his fastball within 2 feet of the strike zone during that at-bat, nor Springer's before it. Sit on a slider, hammer a hanger.

Cole was an Astro during the Jankee alleged buzzer crisis. Hmmm, they must have not really cared when they signed him away as a free agent. He is now on the Jankee roster.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Reggie must drive yankees fans crazy

its like berkman laying for the cardinals, or berkman playing for the yankees, or berkman playing for the rangers.
Not that big of a deal. While his greatest post-season feat was with the Yankees, Reggie played 10 years in Oakland, 5 with the Yankees, and 5 with the Angels, during which time he narrowly avoided being brainwashed into killing the Queen of England.

Although he was a magnificent player, he's also a guy we see sometimes who had his best year of all very early and never quite replicated it. At 23 in 1969 he led the league in runs (123), slugging (.608), OPS (1.018) and hit 47 homers and drove in 118 runs - both career highs. He never reached any of those numbers again.

More impressively, in the era before division series and wild cards, he played in 77 playoff games, including 5 world series.

how's this for a little slice of post-season grandeur for Reggie.

1977 World Series: .450 / .542 /1.250
1978 ALCS .462 / .529 / 1.000
1978 World Series .391 / .500 /1.000
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
CFTXAG10
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
At this point, any team can win the World Series, so while the Astros were better in the regular season, what happens in the next 2-3 weeks is all that matters for all 4 teams left, and history, and who had whose number don't really matter, all that does is the game on the field.

The announcers will bang the drum about how tired the poor Yankees are tonight, and anything they do well will be played like it's Jesse Owens winning 4 gold at the 1936 Berlin games.

They'll also stack our best - Yordan vs. their best - Judge, and try to make it a 1 on 1 scenario, and even if we beat them in 5 games, but Judge hits 3 homers, they'll continue lapping at his boots.

The Astros have become to the Yankees what the Braves were to the Astros in the 90s. Their barometer of success. Every season that ends in a loss to the Astros is a disaster for them. Just like we felt against the Braves back then, win 90, 95, or 100 games and fall apart.

Last week was a super exciting series, but I think we all know we also got pretty lucky to win all 3 of those games. Seattle is young and made some mistakes. The Yankees aren't perfect, but they've got better talent and they just won 2 straight elimination games. Going to take some real step-up performances up and down the lineup and in on the mound to take them out. Can't worry about how good or bad you swung the bat or pitched against Seattle. That's ancient history now.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
AustinCountyAg
Ag4life80 said:

Just a reminder to those who interact with Jankee fans:

The player who benefitted the most from the cheating was Marwin Gonzales. He signed a big contract after 2017 and has been a flop ever since. He is now on the Jankee roster

Altuve hit around .370 on the road in 2017 and around .310 at MM. Hmmmmm

Altuve hit a belt-high hanging slider off Chapman in 2019. Chapman couldn't throw his fastball within 2 feet of the strike zone during that at-bat, nor Springer's before it. Sit on a slider, hammer a hanger.

Cole was an Astro during the Jankee alleged buzzer crisis. Hmmm, they must have not really cared when they signed him away as a free agent. He is now on the Jankee roster.
don't forget they employed Beltran throughout the year as a color commentator for some televised games this year on the YES Network
Engine10
AG
Engine10 said:

Got it

Evergreen post. Let's get this money
Teddy Perkins
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG

Also, no DJ LeMahieu

Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64
AG
They are rolling the dice with Montas. He hasn't pitched in a month and hasn't been good at all since being traded to NY. I can't imagine he's there for anything but pen duty.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

They are rolling the dice with Montas. He hasn't pitched in a month and hasn't been good at all since being traded to NY. I can't imagine he's there for anything but pen duty.
I would guess he's long mop-up duty if a game gets our of hand or the need a middle relief guy after a lot of bullpen usage.
Mr President Elect
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

The one where they got in trouble and had to listen to the game via their version of Dave South was absolute gold.
David_Puddy
AG
CoachRTM said:

fivethirtyeight has the following odds :

Odds to win ALCS : Astros 55%
Odds to win NCLS : Phillies 65%

Odds to win World Series :
Astros 37%
Yankees 29%
Phillies 22%
Padres 12%

That's interesting. My book has us at -190 for the ALCS
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

I would guess he's long mop-up duty if a game gets our of hand or the need a middle relief guy after a lot of bullpen usage.

Yep. Given the potential for 8 games in 9 days for them and the state of their pen they need any arm they can find.
Farmer1906
AG
David_Puddy said:

CoachRTM said:

Astros 37%
Yankees 29%
Phillies 22%
Padres 12%

-190 = ~65%

Bookies like us more.

Fangraphs had us at 56.2% before game 5. It'll probably drop very slightly.
Cromagnum
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

You can sit and stare in disbelief or tip your cap. Aroldis chose the first.

Ag_07
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Yep. Given the potential for 8 games in 9 days for them and the state of their pen they need any arm they can find.

Not named Aroldis Chapman
AustinCountyAg
Farmer1906 said:

straight bull****
Teddy Perkins
AG
Farmer1906 said:

David_Puddy said:

CoachRTM said:

Astros 37%
Yankees 29%
Phillies 22%
Padres 12%

-190 = ~65%

Bookies like us more.

Fangraphs had us at 56.2% before game 5. It'll probably drop very slightly.
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

Altuve gets a slump buster today
AustinCountyAg
anyone know what time the press conferences are today and how to watch?
AustinAg2K
Nino Brown said:

bobinator said:

Lol just hide random blinking lights around the ballpark. Just absolutely gaslight the Yankees into insanity. I love this plan.

Man I don't think I've seen you on any posts since Acie Law days. And I agree with you. I think in 2019 when Rays were complaining about whistling, the players were just ****ing with them to get them rattled and whining.
I saw an interview with either our first base coach or third base coach. Anyways, he basically said he heard the Yankees complaining about the whistling and decided to f with them. It 100% worked.
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-astros-alcs-position-by-position-breakdown?partnerID=web_article-share

Farmer1906
AG
Meyers out, Seth in
Farmer1906
AG
AustinAg2K
Teddy Perkins said:

I don't know who the dude was in the back, but he absolutely should have popped that champagne and sprayed everyone when Altuve took Chapman deep. Totally missed opportunity.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Meyers off, Martinez on
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Meyers out, Seth in

Keep Seth away from the lefties

Farmer1906
AG
Yup.

He'd be a great option to come in after 1 out then face back to back righties. His slider/sinker combo is pretty filthy.

It's not like NY has a bunch of lefty bats.

Rizzo is a lefty and Cabrera is a switch hitter. That's about it.
All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906 said:

I was soooo stressed that Dusty would give us a Dusty special and put Will smith on the roster.

Thank god he made the right decision
Farmer1906
AG
Matt Carpenter too. He might play in our LF, but not their LF.
agproducer
AG
Predictions:

Astros in 6.

Altuve hits 4 bombs in the series and goes on a tear. One of the games is a 2 hr game in the Bronx.

Cole gets bounced early in Game 3.

This won't be an easy series, and most of the games will be tight.
All I do is Nguyen
Astros in 5.

I think our pitching is too elite. If JV has another stinker Dusty better pull him early rather than let him go.

Altuve wakes up this series i hope, because him going 0-fer is absolutely crazy to me.
W
AG
it would be nice if the 7-8-9 hitters contribute to the offense...

especially on the payline: runs scored and RBI

need Mancini, Vazquez, Chas, Machete, Diaz to get in the mix
First Page Last Page
Page 1581 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.