***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,318,575 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

ZG is the gift that keeps on giving

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjy7ud8pwkC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Cheering on the M's?
KC_Ag14
AG
Cheering for Robbie Ray, who they evidently got close with during their days in Arizona together. Read her post and it says they still love their Astros friends too.
PhatMack19
AG
Red Sox & Dodgers made the LCS last year as Wild Cards and no one seemed to mind. I wonder why?

An L of an Ag
AG
Those late 70s Pirate teams with him and Willie Stargell were really good.
Ag_07
AG
You could even say that cheering for Robby Ray is in essence cheering for the Astros.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beat40
To me, what was wild about Luis' performance was he was throwing his FB at 97, and he was doing it later into his outing. Unless the gun was hot, that's awesome to see.

I know adrenaline is the likely culprit for that, but man, if he can throw 97 on a consistent basis next season, I could see him taking a step up next year.
Farmer1906
AG
Fastball Velo was legit. The same thing happened last postseason.

Red Five
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

honestly, i didnt know yordon had a cannon until like a month ago.
Yordan is turning into Dave Parker. Big power hitter who also hits for average and has a cannon for an arm.

If you're too young to remember him, Parker was 6'5 230 lbs, Had not quite as much power as Yordan, but won two batting titles in the 70s back to back to back seasons (.338, .334, 3 seasons of 30+ homers and 9 seasons of 90+ RBI.

Here he is gunning down the Angels' Brian Downing in the All-Star Game in 1979 with the ball bouncing 9 feet in the air off the AstroTurf

And unable to find a pop up in the outfield, and then destroying Jim Rice trying to get to third in the same game. joe Morgan playing second, and Astro Craig Reynolds at shortstop!

40 years ago and they still have 3 better camera angles on throws to the plate than any MLB broadcast today.
mm98
AG
I only remember him from his CIN days. He was still good but looking back his prime was in PITT
McInnis
AG
Speaking of Pirate right fielders with great arms, I think Clemente was the best I ever saw.
Project Gemini
AG
You'll be able to drive a bulldozer through the strike zone for the Yankees pitchers tonight. Count on it. You are kidding yourself if you think this game will be remotely fair in any way for the Indians.
Project Gemini
AG
The Dodgers already won the baseball hunk of metal this year so who cares anyway.
Beau Holder
AG
Ag_07 said:

I can't foresee them bumping the start of the ALCS because that then shifts every game of the series. Especially since it would result in them missing out on a primetime game Saturday since that would become the travel day.

That's a lot of shuffling that I'm not sure MLB wants to do.

Poverty franchises should put a lid on their parks if they don't want to get screwed by the elements.
PSully97
AG
Listed on ticket exchange
Beat40
Pitch 61 at 97.6 and pitch 62 at 96.6.

To me, it's clear he has it in him to sustain it for a game if he wanted, or at least could ramp it up at the end of an outing to empty the tank.

I wonder if it's something he could build up and sustain it for a full season.
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Rube Walberg threw 20 complete games in 1929. That total was tied for 6th in the American League.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Farmer1906
AG
The playoffs are so weird.

The Indians and Yankee's season will be decided with a matchup of Aaron Civale vs Jameson Taillon. Two guys with career ERAs around 4. Expect no freebies and a **** ton of breaking balls tonight.
texasaggie2015
AG
What's face value? Potentially interested.
Panama Red
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

What's face value? Potentially interested.
About $167 plus tax/fees.

As a quick aside, why does the face value matter?
Ag_07
AG
Because you didn't say how much you were selling them for. You just said face value.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The Indians and Yankee's season will be decided with a matchup of Aaron Civale vs Jameson Taillon. Two guys with career ERAs around 4. Expect no freebies and a **** ton of breaking balls tonight.

Both managers have hard choices tonight. If they lose the starter in the second inning do they use Bieber or Cortez on short rest? You can't really afford to play the "save them for the LCS" card as you have to win. And you can't let a bad random starter dig you a hole either. These guys are on short leashes. And both pens are used up.
bigjag19
AG
Farmer1906 said:

My favorite part in the image
Panama Red
AG
Ag_07 said:

Because you didn't say how much you were selling them for. You just said face value.
I'm not selling them, but apparently cannot read as I totally missed that part of his post!
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Both managers have hard choices tonight. If they lose the starter in the second inning do they use Bieber or Cortez on short rest? You can't really afford to play the "save them for the LCS" card as you have to win. And you can't let a bad random starter dig you a hole either. These guys are on short leashes. And both pens are used up.
No reason to hold anything back. Everyone should be available.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

And both pens are used up.
Cleveland has the huge advantage there Clase, Stephan & Karinchak all rested.
Ag_07
AG
How bad do the Yankees wanna go back and redo the trade deadline?

Our new guys haven't been worldbeaters but least they're available when needed and we didn't give up anyone who could've helped immensely.
PSully97
AG
gougler08
AG
Panama Red said:

Quote:

Feels like if the Indians can have a lead after 5 they should be in really good shape as Clase has already proven he can go 2
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
Panama Red said:

Quote:

They need to get some runs though or else it won't matter. If Cleveland had a lead when those guys come in it's done
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

No reason to hold anything back. Everyone should be available.
Tito has stated Bieber isnt pitching. Or maybe he said that in reference to starting I'm not sure. But to not pitch him if necessary is rolling the dice. Boone has said Cortez would be available for a couple if needed.

14 innings tonight should remove all doubt.
Farmer1906
AG
I know most like to **** on megacontracts, but it's looking like San Diego & Philly made good investments in Machado & Harper. Both have been good to excellent each year. Both teams seeing more postseason success than in many years.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

They need to get some runs though or else it won't matter
Had not considered that the need to score.
tjack16
AG
Panama Red said:

Quote:

They need to get some runs though or else it won't matter
Had not considered that the need to score.

As a wise ESPN analyst once said… the team who scores more than the other team, typically they will win the game.
First Page Last Page
Page 1560 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.