***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,433 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KCup17 said:

We all coming to the thread to dunk on the Yankees?

Only once they get eliminated. I don't want to tempt the baseball gods
mwm
Great points.

The internet can be good. The internet can be bad.

It's how you use it.
Cromagnum
AG
tjack16 said:

KCup17 said:

We all coming to the thread to dunk on the Yankees?

Only once they get eliminated. I don't want to tempt the baseball gods

This is correct and a good reminder to everyone now that we are in the ALCS. Do not prematurely spike the ball. The baseball gods can be quite vengeful.
McInnis
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

McInnis said:

tjack16 said:

Overlooked but I love how fast Pena was out of the box. He was halfway to 2nd when the ball cleared the wall. He would have gotten a triple out of that if it hit the wall.
I noticed that too. He's a rookie, he'll probably learn to stand in the batter's and admire his long fly balls. But I hope not. Springer might have cost us a game in the '19 series doing that on a ball that bounced off the wall.
Jose Siri would have acted like the bat was his dick and taken a piss at the Mariners entire crowd as he ran around the basis. He would have also been 0 for 8 at that point with 8 strikeouts on 24 pitches.
Remember when Pena hit his first home run? It was during either the first or second game of the season while his parents were being interviewed in the stands. He just put his head down and trotted around the bases like it was no big deal. I remember thinking that I had no idea if he would become a good player but that showed me a lot about his character.

I'll bet this is killing Correa.
cc10106
"sTaY cLAsSy AsStRoS fAnS"

It's funny how folks that go out of their way to troll Astros fans relentlessly and slander the players now preach about the high road.

BTKAG97
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Texas A&M said:

Too many pages on this thread to scroll through, but some of the 'blue check' reactions to the Astros social media accounts is entertaining to say the least.

I can't imagine being this ****ing soft.
His last name is Mnookin. He never had a chance.
Farmer1906
AG
McInnis said:

McInnis said:

tjack16 said:

Overlooked but I love how fast Pena was out of the box. He was halfway to 2nd when the ball cleared the wall. He would have gotten a triple out of that if it hit the wall.
I noticed that too. He's a rookie, he'll probably learn to stand in the batter's and admire his long fly balls. But I hope not. Springer might have cost us a game in the '19 series doing that on a ball that bounced off the wall.
Jose Siri would have acted like the bat was his dick and taken a piss at the Mariners entire crowd as he ran around the basis. He would have also been 0 for 8 at that point with 8 strikeouts on 24 pitches.
Remember when Pena hit his first home run? It was during either the first or second game of the season while his parents were being interviewed in the stands. He just put his head down and trotted around the bases like it was no big deal. I remember thinking that I had no idea if he would become a good player but that showed me a lot about his character.

If he was excited and jumping around, what would that show you about his character?
Pahdz
sounds like what Ken and Ryu yelled in Street Fighter
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
McInnis said:

McInnis said:

tjack16 said:

When Carlos lays his head down on a stack of money next to his smoke show wife at night I bet he's happy for Jeremy and the Astros in general.
KCup17
AG
For now I will wait and let them dunk on themselves.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

McInnis said:

McInnis said:

tjack16 said:

When Carlos lays his head down on a stack of money next to his smoke show wife at night I bet he's happy for Jeremy and the Astros in general.
I assume he looks at himself in the mirror and is utterly crushed when he sees himself railing a former miss texas on top of a huge pile of cash. Poor guy.
MarathonAg12
spadilly
S
Turned on the tv excited for the game. Immediately sees Bob Costas.
McInnis
AG
Farmer1906 said:

McInnis said:

McInnis said:

tjack16 said:

If he was excited and jumping around, what would that show you about his character?

That he was human, that's all. But what he did showed a lot of restraint and humility, traits all too rare these days.
Wabs
AG
LFG Indians!!! Scalp'em!!
McInnis
AG
" I assume he looks at himself in the mirror and is utterly crushed when he sees himself railing a former miss texas on top of a huge pile of cash. Poor guy."

If that's all that mattered to him, he could have kept his contract with Minnesota.
Mathguy64
AG
Tonight is the night to root for mayhem. We want a 15 inning Yankees win. We want every pitcher on both teams used. And used badly.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MarathonAg12
McInnis said:

" I assume he looks at himself in the mirror and is utterly crushed when he sees himself railing a former miss texas on top of a huge pile of cash. Poor guy."

If that's all that mattered to him, he could have kept his contract with Minnesota.
I don't think this comment was for me lol
Cromagnum
AG
Judge with his 10th strikeout, and then a goofy ass TOOTBLAN by Rizzo.
jkag89
Damn Yankees still plate a run in the 1st.
McInnis
AG
I just checked and there is a 50% chance of rain in New York for tomorrow.
Cromagnum
AG
This sounds too much like the Olympics commentary than a baseball game. Thank God our games aren't like this.
jkag89
Bob when was the last time you actually attended a baseball game as a fan? Booing the opposing pitcher throwing over to first is as old as the hill.
Marvin
AG
Couldn't get it on the top pole, but got this shot… endured a few heckles along the way. Well worth it!!

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
bigjag19
AG
High scoring affair. Gas both staffs.
tjack16
AG
Harrison bader homeruns

Regular season: 5
This series: 3
iamtheglove
Marvin said:

Couldn't get it on the top pole, but got this shot… endured a few heckles along the way. Well worth it!!

Nice work Marvin. For 12 years I lived 5 blocks from the space needle until I moved back to Texas in August. Hope you enjoyed Seattle (I know you enjoyed the win!)
Frok
AG
Okay just turned it on, what's with all the SpongeBob costumes?
fullback44
AG
That was a great win yesterday, not sure I have ever sat through a game that long, so glad we got the W in that situation, now just need Da Jankees to lose !
fullback44
AG
Frok said:

Okay just turned it on, what's with all the SpongeBob costumes?

Good question .. have no clue
Post removed:
by user
jkag89
Oscar Gonzalez, I'm sure it helps that he is having a nice postseason with three walkoff hits.

Guardians have wasted their lead off hits in the first two innings.
jkag89
Goose Egg for NYY in the third. Need the Guardians to at least make Cole throw a few pitches inning.
fullback44
AG
Is this Bob Costas calling The Jankees game ? Hope we don't get this dude
First Page Last Page
Page 1554 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.