***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,622 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cromagnum said:

That's not how it works. LOL

The way they are crying, you would think the series was 2-2 and they took us to the limit on game 5.

Typical west coast liberal thinking, we need the government (worse yet the UN) to step in and give us the result we want.

Edit: I apologize a bit bringing a F16 type post to this board. On second thought I'm hoping that tweet was somewhat tongue in cheek but if not such thinking just gets under my skin.
The Porkchop Express
AG
With a night to sleep on it, I actually feel bad for Mariners' fans because they are in spot we've all been in when our favorite team comes into a series really wanting to prove itself, has the lead a few times, and loses some real heart-breakers. Internally, you feel like your team was "right there" against the biggest bully on the playground and it was so close and you nearly pulled the upset, but when the lens gets pulled back to the national level, all everyone is talking about is the sweep.

It reminds me a lot of the Astros vs the Braves in 97. We played pretty well against an all-time team in its prime, but we still lost 3-0, and that's all most people remember. They should be excited though. They have great young talent in Rodriguez and the starting pitcher yesterday, particularly Rodriguez. Plus, they are in a division where just showing up every year with a pulse guarantees you're at least going to finish 2nd in the division since the Angels, A's, and Rangers are pathetic.

They have some stupid Twitter fans, but what team doesn't? That crowd was wired from top 1st to bottom 18th last night. That's what you like to see as a sports fan.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
scd88
AG
I don't.

ETA - I understand your compassion and you're not wrong. That said, nobody felt sorry for us. We were not, are not, will never be....the blue blood that gets that grace.
jr15aggie
AG
They got swept... but yeah, totally could have turned out different if it was best of 7. Get your southern neighbors in LA to sign the petition as well so we can laugh our asses off at 2 organizations!
Mathguy64
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Seattle fans are actually upset about the Astros social media account posting the sweep. That's charming extra soft. Definitely not ready for October baseball.

They should bring it up during the parade they are holding for getting swept.
spadilly
S
Embrace the hate
R-Dog
AG
MisterFurious said:

Mathguy64 said:

MisterFurious said:

McInnis said:

So is it better for the Yankees to lose today or extend the series one more game and burn both team's pitching staffs?

Lose today. No question.
You want the team you play to have a wrecked pitching staff. Cole today means he's game 3 in the LCS and that's it. Playing game 5 they will use Cortez and who knows. The Yankees will be a wreck. Game 5 means Cleveland uses Bieber on short rest and he's not available until game 4.

You want game 5 here.

Fair enough, but my point is that I'd rather face the Cleveland staff, than the Yankees. Series doesn't start until Wednesday, so either way, you're going to face Cole twice if it goes 6 or more. That's where I'm coming from when I say I'd rather the Yankees just go away now.

Obviously, I'd rather them get beat in a game 5, but if I had to leave it to chance, I'd take em getting beat today. Make sense?

Not necessarily so on Cole. He is pitching today...unless he would go on short rest in Game 2 on Thursday, the earliest he can pitch is game 3 on Saturday. Then, with no off day between games 5 and 6, he'd have to pitch game 7 on 3 days rest too. Not that I have any doubt they'd do that if it came to that, but it's not set up the way the Yankees would want it.
CoachRTM
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

With a night to sleep on it, I actually feel bad for Mariners' fans because they are in spot we've all been in when our favorite team comes into a series really wanting to prove itself, has the lead a few times, and loses some real heart-breakers. Internally, you feel like your team was "right there" against the biggest bully on the playground and it was so close and you nearly pulled the upset, but when the lens gets pulled back to the national level, all everyone is talking about is the sweep.

It reminds me a lot of the Astros vs the Braves in 97. We played pretty well against an all-time team in its prime, but we still lost 3-0, and that's all most people remember. They should be excited though. They have great young talent in Rodriguez and the starting pitcher yesterday, particularly Rodriguez. Plus, they are in a division where just showing up every year with a pulse guarantees you're at least going to finish 2nd in the division since the Angels, A's, and Rangers are pathetic.

They have some stupid Twitter fans, but what team doesn't? That crowd was wired from top 1st to bottom 18th last night. That's what you like to see as a sports fan.

I agree with a lot of this. I work with some guys who are Mariners fans, and this was a tough series for them.

Game 1 - they roughed up Verlander, and they were the better team for 95% of that game. Then Yordan rips their hearts out.

Game 2 - Castillo was a monster, but they lost straight up.

Game 3 - insane 18 inning marathon

It was a highly competitive series where they didn't get a win. I understand their frustration when our social team and the media just starts throwing "sweep" at them.

They'll be back with a chip on their shoulders next year - and (a small amount of) playoff experience.
The Porkchop Express
AG
scd88 said:

I don't.

ETA - I understand your compassion and you're not wrong. That said, nobody felt sorry for us. We were not, are not, will never be....the blue blood that gets that grace.
I'm not sure how you got all that from my post. Just saying Seattle is a good young team with a passionate fan base that probably feels like they were really competing hard with us despite getting swept.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
linkdude
AG

Madre de Dios!
Mathguy64
AG
linkdude said:

Madre de Dios!

To be fair, no other reliever in MLB went 5 inning of sack dragging no 2 hit No run work.
jkag89
scd88 said:

I don't.

I don't either. I understand them but don't feel bad for them. I endured seven Astros postseasons before they even won a series, lost several in brutal gut wrenching fashion that were at least the equal to the M's losing this series to us.. If they are very lucky they won't have to develop the same callouses I did in order to enjoy the postseason before they get that one magical one.
scd88
AG
Fair enough. I must have misunderstood what you were getting at. Apologies.

I don't have empathy for their fans based upon my experiences as an Astros fan. But that's not unique to them; I feel that way about everyone. lol.
cone
AG
counterpoint

Ag_07
AG
I don't feel bad for anyone. This is big boy October baseball. The difference in wining and losing is razor thin. That's why so much hangs on every single pitch.

And for the whole 7 game BS...You'd be down 3-0 and having to win 4 straight. So no...the outcome wouldn't be any different.

Losers
Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

linkdude said:

Madre de Dios!

To be fair, no other reliever in MLB went 5 inning of sack dragging no 2 hit No run work.
MLB should invent a new category...Win/Save or call it Wave or something (not sin of course) but if anyone deserves both it's LuAce!
cone
AG
just know that this franchise will always and forever be a heel

so might as well lean in
scd88
AG
Exactly. Last Astros playoff game I went to?

Game 6 vs the Mets. 16 innings. I can't bring myself to go back for a playoff game. Been to many regular games; no way on playoff ones.
KTAG05
AG
NM kept reading
spadilly
S

W
AG
regarding the Mariners for 2023...

we'll see if Seattle can attract some free agent hitters. The M's need to upgrade at least half of their batting order.

then Robbie Ray...was his Cy Young season an anomaly? And the real guy is basically a 4.00 ERA career pitcher.

and the Mariners have to do better inside the division. Only 41-35 vs. the AL West and lost the season series to the Angels
979ag
AG
Wore my Sunday Best to church today
BayAg_14
I have fully embraced the evil empire mentality the last few years. Us against the world. **** em!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
spadilly
S
Weekday night games
Frok
AG
With my schedule the midday games are actually easier to follow. Kid activities are going to complicate my ALCS watching.
Texas A&M
Too many pages on this thread to scroll through, but some of the 'blue check' reactions to the Astros social media accounts is entertaining to say the least.

annie88
AG
Mathguy64 said:

So for everyone keeping track, the Dodgers, Mets, Braves and Yankees have spent roughly $1.02 billion for a grand total of 413 regular season meaningless wins and 4 when it counted. Three of them are now playing golf and one is on life support.

The Red Sox, Angels and White Sox are into it for roughly $630 million for the right to not get humiliated and started playing golf last week.

The Houston Astros just keep going about their business propping up local champagne merchants.

Reminds me of this.

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Anybody checked on this dude? RIP to his ass
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Texas A&M said:

Too many pages on this thread to scroll through, but some of the 'blue check' reactions to the Astros social media accounts is entertaining to say the least.

I can't imagine being this ****ing soft.
mm98
AG
Take a brief look at his twitter feed. He's a "smartest guy in the room" ******
Mr.Bond
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Texas A&M said:

I can't imagine being this ****ing soft.

He looks like a soy boy lib who has his wife mow their lawn
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

astros4545
AG
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfNp4vpVQAEYtWd?format=jpg&name=large
First Page Last Page
Page 1552 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.