***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,759 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
This one is great but my personal favorite is last years game over the Yankees when Jose walked it off before AS break. The "I will be your father" song and clip was just glorious
jkag89
Quit bringing in logic when the Damn Yankees are in the middle of crashing & burning.

But on the other hand, if Cleveland wins tonight we have a day with no baseball tomorrow. Hmmm ....
Marvin
AG
Mathguy64 said:

$35MM doesn't buy you William Jennings Bryan on the stump.

Is way too early in Seattle for me to appreciate this reference…
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
MAT
AG
Prosperdick said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is she though?
She isn't beautiful in the classical sense but boy she has some great legs and knows baseball...that knocks her up several notches.

Astros need to use some of the money saved with Pena/Correa to keep her on the "team".
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG

agproducer
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Good

Yep. And **** Plaschke who got in a dig at the Astros saying how the Dodgers were cheated out of a World Series in 17. You lost two games at home!
CoachRTM
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

We had Urquidy and then Javier in the chamber.

If both had to pitch, we then had Verlander for game 4 and Framber for game 5 with a normal-ish bullpen.

We were actually in an ok spot all things considered.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
agproducer said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Good

Yep. And **** Plaschke who got in a dig at the Astros saying how the Dodgers were cheated out of a World Series in 17. You lost two games at home!
nana nana nana nana suck it.
TRM
AG
BadAggie said:

The Porkchop Express
AG
Dodgers guaranteed a series loss by keeping King Donkey on the bench for all 3 games.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
scd88
AG
agproducer said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Good

He should be celebrating the Dodgers cheap ass Covid year championship where the season was 60 games long. Talk about a weak ass World Series. No roadies in the playoffs, no grind of a 162 game season where talent gets injured, etc.

What a convenient narrative to not talk about with regards to the Dodgers and them being cheated. **** them and the media who continue to ignore the accomplishment in the modern era of getting to 6 straight ALCS's. Are you ****ing kidding me???
Mathguy64
AG
So for everyone keeping track, the Dodgers, Mets, Braves and Yankees have spent roughly $1.02 billion for a grand total of 413 regular season meaningless wins and 4 when it counted. Three of them are now playing golf and one is on life support.

The Red Sox, Angels and White Sox are into it for roughly $630 million for the right to not get humiliated and started playing golf last week.

The Houston Astros just keep going about their business propping up local champagne merchants.
GigEmMortis
AG
scd88
AG
Man, I want so badly for the Astros to win another World Series so they can shove that trophy up the ass of the commissioner. It would burn the baseball establishment to the ground on top of that as the high brow purists heads would explode. **** MLB.
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc said:

Reposting this morning
I'm sure someone on here has already mentioned it on here but Ford's call on Pena's home run is an instant classic in my book.

Oops wrong tweet I meant to quote this one
jkag89
The Porkchop Express said:

Dodgers guaranteed a series loss by keeping King Donkey on the bench for all 3 games.
When will they learn?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
BCSGrubber said:

cone said:

I'm glad Altuve effectively told that c sucker to shut the **** up

I hope it gives Altuve fuel

What Dick question did he ask?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

BCSGrubber said:

cone said:

I'm glad Altuve effectively told that c sucker to shut the **** up

I hope it gives Altuve fuel

What Dick question did he ask?
Basically chandler pointed out that his individual results this series were bad, Jose basically gave him a WGAF, we won the series.
Bag
AG
jkag89 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Reposting this morning
I'm sure someone on here has already mentioned it on here but Ford's call on Pena's home run is an instant classic in my book.

Link? I heard Sparks, but not Ford
cone
AG
no lingering question about how Bellinger fell off a cliff
MisterFurious
AG
Mathguy64 said:

MisterFurious said:

McInnis said:

So is it better for the Yankees to lose today or extend the series one more game and burn both team's pitching staffs?

Lose today. No question.
You want the team you play to have a wrecked pitching staff. Cole today means he's game 3 in the LCS and that's it. Playing game 5 they will use Cortez and who knows. The Yankees will be a wreck. Game 5 means Cleveland uses Bieber on short rest and he's not available until game 4.

You want game 5 here.

Fair enough, but my point is that I'd rather face the Cleveland staff, than the Yankees. Series doesn't start until Wednesday, so either way, you're going to face Cole twice if it goes 6 or more. That's where I'm coming from when I say I'd rather the Yankees just go away now.

Obviously, I'd rather them get beat in a game 5, but if I had to leave it to chance, I'd take em getting beat today. Make sense?
cone
AG

MosesHallRAB04
AG
Cleveland's pitching completely shut down the stros not that long ago.

Bring on either team but after wild games 4 and 5
Mathguy64
AG
With all the humor pointed at NYY, NYM, ATL and LAD, baseball seems to have created a playoff system that is even more geared to reward a hot team. WC teams seemed to win before but now they are really rewarded. They Bye team sits for 6 days while the WC team plays. That really seemed to affect teams. And the only penalty to the WC team is they throw their 1 on game 2. So their rotation really isn't messed up. In fact it may be an advantage as they effectively pitch backwards. A 4th starter in game 1 followed by a 1 and 2 against a team throwing a 2 and 3.

MLB really should create a system to reward teams for winning their Division. I'm not sure but that they haven't done just the opposite.
jkag89
Fixed above. Stayed up into the wee hours this morning, still woke up early for mass and the good Father had a short homily so I didn't even have time for a quick nap. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
cone
AG
the only thing that should change to favor the division winners is a 7 game DS

otherwise that's the beauty of baseball, you have to build a team for two win conditions simultaneously

it's a deeper game from a planning perspective
Eso si, Que es
Mathguy64 said:

With all the humor pointed at NYY, NYM, ATL and LAD, baseball seems to have created a playoff system that is even more geared to reward a hot team. WC teams seemed to win before but now they are really rewarded. They Bye team sits for 6 days while the WC team plays. That really seemed to affect teams. And the only penalty to the WC team is they throw their 1 on game 2. So their rotation really isn't messed up. In fact it may be an advantage as they effectively pitch backwards. A 4th starter in game 1 followed by a 1 and 2 against a team throwing a 2 and 3.

MLB really should create a system to reward teams for winning their Division. I'm not sure but that they haven't done just the opposite.

I guarantee with the teams that fell and the hated Astros moving on there will absolutely be an adjustment to schedule next year. And I agree it should be adjusted to cater to top seeds.

But I love how it went down this year.
Marvin
AG
This has already made my day:

Sitting in the hotel restaurant this morning and a rough looking M's fan noticed my shirt and said, "good game, last night sucked, and I'm paying for it this morning." I asked him what was his drink of choice last night and he said with a straight face, "My own tears."
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
The biggest thing that got me was the day off between games 1 and 2 for the ALDS. That made no sense and was only a help for the WC team.
spadilly
S
Sightseeing today since we wrapped it up last night?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Bag said:

jkag89 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Reposting this morning

Link? I heard Sparks, but not Ford
It was Sparks only
Ag_07
AG
Did they stop selling booze in the 7th?
First Page Last Page
Page 1550 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.