***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,320,196 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
OKCAg2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I actually like it because it benefits the team with the deeper pitching staff if the series goes 6 or 7.
GigEmMortis
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

GigEmMortis said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

GigEmMortis said:

BadAggie said:

Yordan is the best player in baseball. Discuss.

Would rather have Josh Fields

I'm offended if you thought I was serious
I'm offended you thought I thought you were being serious

I'm sorry for the offense
CFTXAG10
AG
Ticket prices nearly triple for the ALCS just fyi, prep thy wallets
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Been running the numbers all morning. We're only 9 wins away from a World Series title.

AgHawkeye
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

TREX01 said:

Grown men wearing jerseys is pretty clownish.
I believe this to be true(for myself), except for MLB.

dont ask me why.

just how I have always felt.

but at the end of the day I dont GAF what anyone else wears.

I am not a Jersey guy but there is something to this.

Maybe it's because they button up?

Maybes it's because other grown men who are not playing wear them (the coaches). It's cool to wear the coaches polo they the A&M football staff wear and you never see a football or basketball coach on the sideline wearing a jersey.

It is definitely different.
htxag09
AG
Yeah, I'm personally not a fan of wearing jerseys. I DGAF what others wear and won't make fun of anyone wearing one either.

I have considered or wanted to buy an MLB jersey, though. The only reason I didn't was because I ain't dropping that much coin for one.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
It does seem to be exclusively obese people who wear jerseys though. Obese people in jerseys specifically look dumpy.
tjack16
AG
I stopped wearing basketball and football jerseys in college… but baseball jerseys are timeless and I'll likely always wear them
MarathonAg12
I think baseball jerseys are timeless.

I have a maroon striped Texas A&M Baseball jersey and Blacked out A&M baseball jersey. Pair them khakis and some chucks and you don't look half bad.

It's wearing oversized football jerseys and basketball jerseys combined with the uneducated NFL and NBA fans where people wearing jerseys get a bad rap
Mathguy64
AG
This discussion is stupid. Baseball jerseys are perfectly fine to wear and should be loosely buttoned.

Exhibit A below.

MarathonAg12
Bad Poster said:

Alvarez jerseys are going to skyrocket after this postseason

Bruh, there are some nice ones at academy right now just sitting there. $135 I think.

Going to wait until November and still see if I want it
All I do is Nguyen
I won't wear basketball jerseys but football/baseball/hockey I have zero problem wearing.
jetch17
AG
I'll continue to wear my plain non-player jersey that was worn in LA for game 7 in '17
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Danwell Home said:

I was picked for the ACLS ticket draw today. Would the Astros be playing the weekday games as the "high" seed? Games would be weds, thurs then tues weds at MMP.
We would get games 1 (WED), 2 (THU), 5 (MON), & 7 (WED).

They would get 3 (SAT), 4 (SUN), 6 (TUE).

I forgot the CS is 2-3-2, not 2-2-1-1-1

We'd get WED, THU, TUE, WED
They'd get SAT, SUN, MON

The lack of travel days here sucks.

It feels like it favors the teams with stronger starting pitching.

And Dave Roberts is out here willingly using his bullpen 4 innings per game in the DS.
Mathguy64
AG
The LCS format definitely favors teams with pitching depth both starters and pen. Finally.

The regular season favors pitching depth and you have to have it to win. Playoffs should reflect that.
Farmer1906
AG
Yall are right, but that is still brutal.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think jerseys are great for the game, I mean who doesn't love this level of fandom....

The Porkchop Express
AG
My only rule for jersey wearing is that you can't weigh more than 100 pounds more than the player on the jersey. I made this rule one night at a Rockets game after seeing a 400-pound woman wearing a Wayne Gretzky Los Angeles Kings jersey.

That said, I'm a jersey guy. If you're paying $100 to a company to buy a shirt with their logo on it, how are you doing things any different than a fan wearing a jersey with their favorite team's logo on it?

I currently own:
Jose Cruz Rainbow Jersey
Earl Campbell Oilers Jersey
Hunter Pence 2007ish Jersey
Hakeem Olajuwon red jersey
Robert Horry red jersey

I only wear the first two regularly, but I love seeing people in jerseys, especially more obscure ones.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yall are right, but that is still brutal.

Baseball players are used to traveling and playing the next day and both teams have the same travel. And IMHO it really favors us. We have the depth at the 4th and 5th starter spots that no one else has. Only the Dodgers are close.
07ag
AG
I mean, he might just be a fan of british tv, who knows
https://ts.la/eric59704
All I do is Nguyen
n_touch
All I do is Nguyen said:

Framber got wrecked? How do you even compare the two starts
htxag09
AG
Framber absolutely did not get wrecked. One "bad" inning and 2 runs over 5.2 is not getting wrecked. It's a good start for most, especially in the playoffs
07ag
AG
n_touch said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Framber gor wrecked? How do you even compare the two starts
.1 ip short of a quality start =/= wrecked
Big Al 1992
AG
Ag_07
AG
One of the replies

I don't know...Big Bad Cuban has a nice ring to it.
Texas A&M
There are some bitter people in LA..

Bad Poster
Big Al 1992 said:

Im glad I wasnt the only one watching this thinking this was weird. Is correa homesick? Thats too bad. Nobody gonna pay him what he wants. Maybe he'll just stick to broadcasting
Farmer1906
AG
htxag09 said:

Framber absolutely did not get wrecked. One "bad" inning and 2 runs over 5.2 is not getting wrecked. It's a good start for most, especially in the playoffs
Neris kind of saved this bacon. It could have been 5.2 with 5 ER. I'll take it, regardless.
texasaggie2015
AG
Framber was shaky but he didn't get wrecked.
htxag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

htxag09 said:

Neris kind of saved this bacon. It could have been 5.2 with 5 ER. I'll take it, regardless.
Also could have been 6 innings with 1 ER or maybe 0 ER (had he just made a better throw home in the 4th). As said above, he was shaky, he wasn't his best, but that stat line is far from being wrecked, especially in the playoffs. It's not uncommon for starters to be pulled after 4 or 5 in the playoffs, including aces.
Nino Brown
Beat40 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

This sounds like Jansen guaranteeing they would win both games after losing Game 5 or Vasquez guaranteeing they were not going to lose the next game.

He's not guaranteeing anything, but they forget this Astros team is embattled, and as has been said…they don't give a *****

Does little Scottie even math before he opens his trap?
McInnis
AG
I'm not going to give an opinion on the matter of grown men wearing sports jerseys with player's names and numbers. I'm pretty much libertarian when it comes to that. But I don't think this notion that it's clownish is nearly as an unpopular opinion as some of you think. Once you get away from a forum that's dedicated to a pro sport, and you get away from a city with pro sports teams, it's not nearly as popular of a thing to do.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
07ag
AG
does anyone know, does the astros policy of kids under 2 years old getting in without a ticket hold true for postseason games?
First Page Last Page
Page 1461 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.