***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

4,902,289 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
cwpaggie07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadAggie said:

This team has a tendency to just not show up when it matters. Wouldn't be the first time.

You serious Clark? .gif
jkag89
BCSGrubber
AG
Is he confusing Aggie football and the Astros?
CFTXAG10
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

The team with 5 straight ALCS appearances, 3 World Series appearances, and 1 ring, doesn't show up when it matters?

Quadruple down on your bad take, my friend.

Take no prisoners!
I was gonna say. If anything, they frustrate with lackluster play in the regular season at times (who doesn't?) but when the lights get bright we have the dogs that have been hunting before ready to go....
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
PSully97 said:

Only if the '98 Yankees aren't available
we've managed to reassemble the '74 A's.
Ag_07
AG
Another day another bad take.

Just like yesterday when you said the Yankees were gonna win out and the #1 seed was in jeopardy.
Mr.Bond
AG
How times change
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Anybody else get some ignore list updates this morning over their morning coffee?

Have to make sure the list is at full force before playoff baseball rolls around and the bandwagoners inundate the thread.
astros4545
AG
BadAggie said:

Astros lose two straight games with their serious Cy Young candidate starters and top AL seed on the line. But everything is ok because Baltimore did their job for them.

Rays had no problem winning at MMP last night.

This team has a tendency to just not show up when it matters. Wouldn't be the first time.
Dying
Jet Black
Jet Black
Bad Aggie quadrupling down. You don't back into the playoffs with 6 games left.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Fox has the broadcast tonight. They also have braves mets at the same time, so they will probably get the A crew. Be prepared to sync up the radio broadcast
tjack16
AG
Jet Black said:

Bad Aggie quadrupling down. You don't back into the playoffs with 6 games left.

Always sucks "backing your way into" a 102+ win season doesn't it
Beau Holder
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Fox has the broadcast tonight. They also have braves mets at the same time, so they will probably get the A crew. Be prepared to sync up the radio broadcast

Hoping the Mets win tonight to set up a rubber match for all the marbles.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I didn't care for the mariners, but this is a pretty cool baseball moment. Dave Sims is a good broadcaster, wish the other guy had kept quiet and let the crowd audio ride
Pahdz
Yeah Servais is still a massive bag but that is an awesome way to clinch.

Almost as cool as throwing a no hitter at home to clinch the pennant.
yawny06
AG
Beau Holder said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Hoping the Mets win tonight to set up a rubber match for all the marbles.

Braves have to win tonight to set up a rubber match for all the marbles in the NL East.

A Braves win tonight ties up the season series, which would mean tomorrow night's game would determine the tie breaker.

A Mets win tonight ensures they have the tie breaker, so even if they lose Sunday they are still in the driver's seat.
Beau Holder
AG
That's a fair point, I was morningposting and didn't consider the tiebreaker. But there would be another series left, in any case.

Also, I prefer the Mets over the Braves.
yawny06
AG
Yes, one series left for each. Mets have the Nats, Braves have the fish.

Side note, it is crazy to me that even though the NL goes through the Dodgers, they could have a potential playoff run that has to go through 3 of the top 4 records in baseball, assuming everyone holds serve.

NLDS: Wild card winner of either Braves/Mets
NCLS: NL East winner of either Braves/Mets
World Series: AL winner Astros
Beau Holder
AG
They'd have a chance to earn a real title this time.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

this announcer is all of us
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
I hope Aaron judge gets stuck at 61

I know steroids and all but the record is 73. Until somebody is close to breaking that, don't interrupt college football games to show us live at bats
Buck Compton
AG
Another Judge strikeout we got to see. Including missing a hanging curveball. Love that he flails so often.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BCSGrubber
AG
Playoff line up tonight...#JakeDay keeping the best hitter we have against Lefties on the bench
Tuve 2B
Pena SS
Yordan DH
Bregman 3B
Tucker RF
Gurriel 1B
Diaz LF
Meyers CF
Maldy C
Javier P
EastCoastAgNc
AG
dshedd41
S
Started a new Astros blog, https://dshedd.substack.com/
Would appreciate your support if you feel so inclined
Gig’em Aggies!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
I just don't get why everyone is pitching him like this during the last week of the season.

He shoulda been pitched around like this all season.
The Porkchop Express
EastCoastAgNc said:

This is an excellent segue to my favorite Aaron Judge story ever, which I've told here before but bears repeating. My dad stopped following the Astros and baseball as a whole in 1994 when the players had their strike. It pissed him off to no end and he has only been to 1 game since then.

In 2017 when the Astros were in the ALCS with the Yankees, my mom had gone somewhere with her sister so I invited my dad to watch Game 2 with me and my brother at a sports bar that was probably 80-20 Astros Fans to Yankees fans. Since my dad was at the time 23 years into not following baseball, he had no idea who Judge was or that his rookie season was probably the best ever.

So Judge goes 0 for 4 and strikes out twice against Verlander, and my dad is just yukking it up about how terrible he looks while a table of Yankee dudes next to us is shooting him dirty looks as he bellows, "OH MY GOD, who is this clown? He's TERRIBLE!" When the game is over he told one of the guys at the next table, "Hey, maybe find other guy besides that rookie, he just doesn't get it."
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
lunchbox
Farmer1906
AG
That has to be a record for a controlled year.
lunchbox
Yup...

Farmer1906
AG
30 M is top 10? That doesn't sound accurate.
First Page Last Page
Page 1318 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.