***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

4,953,150 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
PSully97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a team you would want to play less than the Rays?
jkag89
cap-n-jack said:

I haven't paid much attention to the NL. Is there anyone that can challenge LA?
Personally I think the NL is the tougher league this year. So whoever the AL champ ('Stros of course) faces in the WS is going to have their hands full. Would not be all that surprised to see the Mets, Braves or even the Redbirds make the WS.

Note the last time the AL has won the series was in '18 when the BoSox took down the Effin' Dodgers.
Jet Black
BadAggie said:

Stros back into the top AL seed

Yeah, this is dumb as *****
jkag89
PSully97 said:

Is there a team you would want to play less than the Rays?
The O's but luckily they'll be on the outside looking in.
BadAggie
AG
jkag89 said:

BadAggie said:

How sad is it that I knew some idiot would post this. Anytime you win 100+ games in a season you're not backing into anything.

Whatever Nancy
Harry Dunne
Marvin said:

PSully97 said:

Marvin said:

PSully97 said:

I'm not very excited about the idea of playing a bunch of ALDS day games against these guys.

Did you miss the series in Tampa? These guys are professionals, but they're also playing game 150-whatever and mentally shifting to the playoffs. I wouldn't read anything into it.
Yeah I watched all those games. We pitched well, but we didn't score a ton.

They've got 3 really good starting pitchers plus Kluber, who knows how to get it done in the big moments and has pitched really well for about a month. I'd rather play any of the other possible teams.

I get it, but we know from prior years that any team can get hot and roll through the playoffs. You gotta beat em all sooner or later.
Not really, its not pool play.

1. Mariners
2. Jays
3. Rays

Is my order of preference.
yawny06
AG
cap-n-jack said:

I haven't paid much attention to the NL. Is there anyone that can challenge LA?

Dodgers are clearly the best team in the NL, but I think both the Mets and Braves could beat them.

And due to the way that the bracket sets up, the Dodgers are looking at a potential 100+ win wild card team (NL East runner up) opponent in the NLDS then another 100+ win team (NL East winner) in the NLCS.

ETA: The Cardinals are also going to be a tough out. Mets have DeGrom and Scherzer, to go along with a lights out closer in Diaz. Braves have a solid group of starters and bullpen, can be shaky with Jansen as the closer. Braves also have a deep lineup. Dodgers one weakness is at closer, as they just demoted Kimbrel and will go closer by committee.
jkag89
BadAggie said:

jkag89 said:

BadAggie said:

How sad is it that I knew some idiot would post this. Anytime you win 100+ games in a season you're not backing into anything.

Whatever Nancy
Doubling down on the idiocy I see. Sad.
jkag89
OK 'Stros!. Nobody makes the last out and end the backing in to the #1 Seed BS!!!
Unemployed
AG
BadAggie said:

RealTalk said:

BadAggie said:

What a stupid take. Go away.

Because it's true? Not going anywhere commie

So you think we weren't good enough to win one more game?
Marvin
AG
OK, guys. You've convinced me. My preference is to play the Rangers, A's, and Tigers in the playoffs. We can dust off the Pirates or Reds for the trophy.

Better?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
cap-n-jack
welp
PSully97
AG
Only if the '98 Yankees aren't available
Jet Black
jkag89 said:

BadAggie said:

jkag89 said:

BadAggie said:

Whatever Nancy

Same dude that posted this garbage. Thought there was a chance the Astros might lose the #1 seed.

Quote:

Yankees have 3 game series versus Orioles and then 4 games of BP in Arlington remaining. They might not lose another game. Astros have 3 versus Tampa's pitching staff and then 3 versus the Phillies fighting to make the playoffs. Another reason trotting out less than best lineup versus Arizona was stupid.
Jet Black
jkag89 said:

OK 'Stros!. Nobody makes the last out and end the backing in to the #1 Seed BS!!!

Obviously he doesn't understand what backing in means.
Unemployed
AG
Jet Black said:

jkag89 said:

BadAggie said:

jkag89 said:

BadAggie said:

Whatever Nancy

Same dude that posted this garbage. Thought there was a chance the Astros might lose the #1 seed.

Quote:

Yankees have 3 game series versus Orioles and then 4 games of BP in Arlington remaining. They might not lose another game. Astros have 3 versus Tampa's pitching staff and then 3 versus the Phillies fighting to make the playoffs. Another reason trotting out less than best lineup versus Arizona was stupid.

Got 'em.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin
AG
PSully97 said:

Only if the '98 Yankees aren't available

Planning to catch any of the playoff games at MMP? Let me know- I'm buying if I'm there also.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Is that the real Stan? Brother of the ankle rider?
W
AG
checking in with the National League....

big win for the Braves to pull even with the Mets in the East division. Would love to see the Mets in the wildcard round.

the Phillies (84-72) remain a half-game ahead of the Brewers (84-73) for the last wildcard. Philly has a doubleheader tomorrow.

since the Phillies own the tiebreaker, it's still possible for them to clinch before coming to Houston
Jet Black
Farmer1906 said:

That's not the same. Astros and Yankees are both playoff teams and division winners. The angels are a team 16 games under .500. I hate the Yankees but that is dumb imo.
Farmer1906
AG
Jet Black said:

Farmer1906 said:

That's not the same. Astros and Yankees are both playoff teams and division winners. The angels are a team 16 games under .500. I hate the Yankees but that is dumb imo.

Oh so what's the acceptable bar? Division winning teams only? Can WC teams count? .500?
Jet Black
Farmer1906 said:

Jet Black said:

Farmer1906 said:

Oh so what's the acceptable bar? Division winning teams only? Can WC teams count? .500?

It's most valuable player. Angels gonna go 50-112 instead of 70-92 without ohtani? Where are the Yankees without Judge?
Harry Dunne
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Jet Black said:

Retractable roof was a good call
Again, would you rather a dome and artificial turf?
Beau Holder
AG
One positive from the night, signs of life from Yuli.
bearkatag15
AG

pretty awesome moment for that city... Really awesome call on the HR too
bearkatag15
AG

bearkatag15
AG

wow
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

These are awesome, and what a prisoner of the moment is makes us.
jkag89
Never mind. Must remember not to post without morning coffee especially after drinking one more beet than I should have the night before.
jkag89
Jet Black said:

jkag89 said:

Obviously he doesn't understand what backing in means.
So in your mind no matter the outcome last night's Rays/'Stros game, once the Yankees lost Houston backed into the #1 Seed? IMO an odd take on it but then again I find whole the idea of a team earning a postseason berth or seed by backing into to it a might odd to begin with.
BadAggie
AG
Astros lose two straight games with their serious Cy Young candidate starters and top AL seed on the line. But everything is ok because Baltimore did their job for them.

Rays had no problem winning at MMP last night.

This team has a tendency to just not show up when it matters. Wouldn't be the first time.
linkdude
AG
*yawn*, just five more games until they really count.
Silent For Too Long
The team with 5 straight ALCS appearances, 3 World Series appearances, and 1 ring, doesn't show up when it matters?

Quadruple down on your bad take, my friend.

Take no prisoners!
First Page Last Page
Page 1317 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.