***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,333,148 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still a great moment in base-ball history

BadAggie
AG
Is Mike Fiers pitching in the Marshall Islands League?
The Porkchop Express
AG
BadAggie said:

Not sure how great it is when we were getting the **** kicked out of us and still lost.
Life is better with a beagle
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We've won 19 of our last 24. It's almost been a month since we lost a series.

August is coming. That means we are bound to see that yearly two or three week stretch where they suck and many on this thread will have to get talked off the ledge.
BadAggie
AG
Nah, it was great.
The Porkchop Express
AG
With Maldy's offensive explosion in July (.353/.476/.765), I think it's time we start playing Machete vs. Joey Gallo - the batting average race.

With a 1 for 4 night, Machete is up to .162 and on pace for 16 HR and 41 RBI.

King Donkey was 1 for 5 and is hitting .166 and on pace for 19 HR and 40 RBI.

It's anyone's ballgame. Although Martin is putting up those numbers at 33% the salary.

astros4545
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

BadAggie said:

Not sure how great it is when we were getting the **** kicked out of us and still lost.

Joe Kelly is a *****

That's why

You shoulda watched the Astros the past couple years
Silent For Too Long
On top of that he plays a much more important position.
W
AG
Astros 4-0 vs. Oakland

15 games left vs. the A's

yummy
Marvin
AG
West coast got me last night. Glad you guys hung in there to the end.

I just can't imagine the A's stay in Oakland much longer. What a pitiful fan base.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mariners are on a tear right now, still 13 games back. Win 6 in a row against Oakland, the Padres, and Toronto
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Mariners are on a tear right now, still 13 games back. Win 6 in a row against Oakland, the Padres, and Toronto

They're not even in the last WC spot yet. AL East is dominating it.
Farmer1906
AG
agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

August is coming. That means we are bound to see that yearly two or three week stretch where they suck and many on this thread will have to get talked off the ledge.

Astute predictions.
LonghornDub
BadAggie said:

Per Wikipedia - Fiers' contract was purchased 6/29/22 from Leones de Yucatn by Uni-President Lions of the Chinese Professional Baseball League.

Sounds like a joke, but I couldn't wish it on a greater guy.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

They're not even in the last WC spot yet. AL East is dominating it.

Yeah I'm not scared. Just like it always does, this hot streak will end. Maybe they will trade away some of their best players again at the deadline and claim it's a positive...
Eso si, Que es
Bregxit said:

Keep that ****stick yankee off our thread.
It is as if Gallo is a 16 year old high school cheerleader or something.
W
AG
the Mariners are 2 games behind Toronto for the last wildcard spot.

and speaking of the Blue Jays (45-40)...just 1-7 in their last 8 games.

they were the trendy AL WS pick, but have had a disappointing first half
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Woof
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

Astute predictions.
Astros the last few years have typically played .500 ball or worse in August with the exceptions of 2017 and 2019.

2017, they went 11-17 in August, and 2019, they went 19-9. But in 19, they had a 5 or 6 game losing streak in the month.

I'm bracing for the .500 ball and the flood of messages like, "What's wrong with the Astros?" And "We suck!"
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Maldy says "trade this mfers"
Prosperdick
AG
agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

Astute predictions.
Astros the last few years have typically played .500 ball or worse in August with the exceptions of 2017 and 2019.

2017, they went 11-17 in August, and 2019, they went 19-9. But in 19, they had a 5 or 6 game losing streak in the month.

I'm bracing for the .500 ball and the flood of messages like, "What's wrong with the Astros?" And "We suck!"
The big difference is it feels like our bats are finally starting to wake up and that can carry us as I expect our pitching to take a dip (heck, it already has the last week).
Jet Black
Maldanaldo's torrid hot streak has pushed his average all the way up to .162. Only .38 below the Mendoza line.
W
AG
just checked the Mariners' upcoming schedule...

the M's are off on the Thursday after the all-star game...while the Astros will be playing the doubleheader vs. the Yankees.

and then the Astros get on a plane for a weekend series in Seattle.

that is an awful travel schedule
agproducer
AG
Prosperdick said:

agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

Astute predictions.

The big difference is it feels like our bats are finally starting to wake up and that can carry us as I expect our pitching to take a dip (heck, it already has the last week).

Bats are starting to wake up, and maybe we will see a performance like 19, but I fully expect them to cool off. I believe we will see a clunker series or two against inferior competition. It almost happened against KC.
The Porkchop Express
AG
astros4545 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

BadAggie said:

Joe Kelly is a *****

That's why

You shoulda watched the Astros the past couple years
I started watching in 1977, how about you?
YellAg2004
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Woof
Bring on the robo-umps
Deluxe
AG
We're gonna be so good when robo-umps arrive. Crazy that we're as good as we are despite umps consistently working against us.
redline248
AG
Says the rookie account
The Porkchop Express
AG
YellAg2004 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Woof
Bring on the robo-umps
BadAggie
AG
LonghornDub said:

BadAggie said:

Per Wikipedia - Fiers' contract was purchased 6/29/22 from Leones de Yucatn by Uni-President Lions of the Chinese Professional Baseball League.

Sounds like a joke, but I couldn't wish it on a greater guy.
LonghornDub
Deluxe said:

We're gonna be so good when robo-umps arrive. Crazy that we're as good as we are despite umps consistently working against us.
We may lap the field. It is probably why MLB is delaying implementing it.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Jet Black
Deluxe said:

Good to see the ump conspiracy theories have moved from A&M baseball to the Astros. I'd bet everything I can find similar posts on the rangers thread.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Jet Black said:

Deluxe said:

Good to see the ump conspiracy theories have moved from A&M baseball to the Astros. I'd bet everything I can find similar posts on the rangers thread.

It's a universal rule that umpires, officials, commissioners, and announcers hate every team you're a fan of.

I think there's some real bias though from the umpires (subconscious or intentional) against the Astros though. All you have to do is look at the umpire score cards for the games against the Yankees. It was heavily slanted one way. I don't think of myself as a conspiracy theorist, but there's a lot of mounting evidence.
redline248
AG
Who will batters yell at when they get called out on strikes in the 9th inning of a tie game?
First Page Last Page
Page 581 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.