***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,334,072 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
why do you think Siri is not a team guy? they all seem to love him. hype man always a team favorite.
CFTXAG10
AG
VORE!

Beat40
BMX Bandit said:

why do you think Siri is not a team guy? they all seem to love him. hype man always a team favorite.

Complete agree. There is no indication he is a bad team guy.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I didn't say he wasn't. I said I felt like Jake was more of a team guy.

Personal opinion guys who are humble are well liked, guys who are cocky tend to be annoying and while exciting and fun to watch just not a guy everyone wants to be friends with
Mathguy64
AG
I was looking at season/standing data this morning and found a kick in the junk level stat for our little buddies to the north.

They are 4-17 in one run games and 4-5 in extra innings. Two of those 4 wins and 4 of the losses were 1 run variety so in regulation they are 2-13 in 1 run games.

And here we were all told this is a skill. I guess they are skillful at losing.
Jet Black
Alvarez is a complete animal.
Beat40
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ohtani's WAR includes pitching, right? If so, makes what Yordan is doing more impressive.
Mathguy64
AG
Yes. Ohtani's hitting fWAR is 1.6 and his bWAR is 1.5.
Harry Dunne
IDK about more impressive, but certainly pitching stats shouldn't count towards determining an all-star at DH.
Mathguy64
AG
WAR for pitchers is weird. JV is 4th in MLB in ERA, tops in wins, 3rd in WHIP, 5th in H/9, 7th in BB/9, 8th in IP, 6th in K/BB, 4ty in ERA+ and in the top 8 in every one of the sabermetric stats. Yet he is not in the top 10 for pitching WAR.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Siri has absolutely raked since going down.

I really think if someone can find Siri regular playing time he can be alright. Hopefully there's a team out there who agrees.
100% some rebuilding team should see if he can't become the next Eric Davis. Like we did with Justin Maxwell.
redline248
AG
Anyone see this thing about Manfred putting Cabrera and Pujols in the All Star game?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248 said:

Anyone see this thing about Manfred putting Cabrera and Pujols in the All Star game?

I heard someone on MLB network say that the commissioner has the power to extend special invites to the all star game. If that's the case, I don't really mind it as long as it's not pushing someone else out of a spot.
KTAG05
AG
They will both end up getting ABs though
Mathguy64
AG
Yep. Cabrera's AB could very well come as a DH. It's that or PH. If it's DH then either Yordan or Ohtani list an AB.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Love this idea. Honor the greats and send them off.
Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I was looking at season/standing data this morning and found a kick in the junk level stat for our little buddies to the north.

They are 4-17 in one run games and 4-5 in extra innings. Two of those 4 wins and 4 of the losses were 1 run variety so in regulation they are 2-13 in 1 run games.

And here we were all told this is a skill. I guess they are skillful at losing.

I still remember that one year where they had a ridiculous amount of 1 run wins and extra inning wins and didn't want to hear anything about their negative run differential. It all evens out over time.
3B Paul 97
AG
I believe the All Star thing was a part of the last CBA. The American and National league can both include one player for those late in a career.

Edit to add clip from article
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Moe Jzyslak
AG
2016. They went 36-11 in 1 run games and 15-4 against the Astros (including 8-1 in 1 run games against the Astros). Absolutely insane. What a kick in the nuts that season was
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Good stuff
McInnis
AG
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Love this idea. Honor the greats and send them off.

I remember when mlb did that for both Johnny Bench and Carl Yastremski their last year. One extra spot added for both teams so it didn't cost any deserving player a spot.
W
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Maldy has had multiple homers, a few doubles, an infield single and stole first

We are living in the upside down
Machete's OPS by month:

April ---> .426
May ---> .448
June ---> .536
July ---> 1.241

steadily improving
W
AG
when Altuve is officially announced as an all-star...it will be his 8th appearance.

moving him past Biggio's 7 appearances.

I think that will be the all-time franchise record

Farmer1906
AG
W said:

when Altuve is officially announced as an all-star...it will be his 8th appearance.

moving him past Biggio's 7 appearances.

I think that will be the all-time franchise record

I read that as he was announced... I scoured twitter and couldn't find *****

Reading is hard.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

There's no way they agree to anything, QO will likely remain
MaxPower
Interesting. I imagine teams like the Nationals want this figure out to decide if they're better off trading or keeping Bell. Most likely they just trade him to avoid the possibility of nothing.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BCEDAg
AG
The Astros are 17-4 since the 6/14 game at Arlington against the Rangers. That's the game when Seager decided to throw home to get an out instead of turning an easy double play. The throw home resulted in a botched pickle play that allowed the Astros to score four runs in the eighth inning and eventually win the game. I would say that one play was a huge turning point for the season.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
One of the other reporters stated that Pena was in the clubhouse, still sick, but that it wasn't COVID.
Marvin
AG
ESPN announcing starters for All-Star game.

Altuve gets nod at 2B. 57% of the vote… kind of surprising.

Alvarez loses to Ohtani at DH. That's ridiculous.
Jackal99
AG
Ohtani in as DH.
Beau Holder
AG
I am already so weary of seeing Diaz and Dubon in the same lineup
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Jackal99 said:

Ohtani in as DH.

Predictable
First Page Last Page
Page 575 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.