***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,320,882 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 positive surprises

1. Jeremy Pena. I knew he would be good but wasn't expecting it to feel like we didn't miss a beat at all.
2. The pitching staff. If you showed me our current record back in like February, I would have thought our offense was at a 2019 level.
3. JV looking as if he never got injured. I think we were all cautiously optimistic but he's been insanely good
4. Yordan having an MVP type season. It's nice to see him hit that "this is peak Yordan" type of season.

Negative Surprises/Hope it gets better
1. Yuli and Bregman. This is looking better now but they need to get back to their old selfs if we want to win the WS. Bregman is looking closer to his 2017-2018 self which is nice.
2. Lance's injury status. I think the assessment we all had after the ALDS was comical. Some of us (myself included) assumed last October that he would be back no problem by late April/early May.
3. Jason Castro and Jose Siri. Both guys just seemed like dead weight/not productive and don't really play into future plans.

I think this team will make the ALCS, and then it just depends on how the ball bounces against the Yankees. If our pitching keeps doing what it's doing in October, I don't see a team I wouldnt pick us to beat in a 7 game series.

Key to winning a Title for me. Pitching staff keeps doing what they are doing, and timely hitting. This team likely isn't going to win a 12-11 or 10-8 type of playoff game like they might have in 2017-2019. But we can follow what the Nationals and Braves did. Win lower scoring games and come up with the big hit when necessary.
W
AG
yes, it's pathetic.

expect a couple of feature articles on Trout this week too.

this is where the sports media is no better than the news media
Big Al 1992
AG
That Montero was the real key to the trade last year, not Graveman!

JV post Tommy John is as good as ever.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Is this a bananas affiliate? That's like a little league field
CFTXAG10
AG

Marvin
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

That Tepera shocked face better make the OP next season.
Johnsy3
AG
Marvin said:

BayAg_14 said:

Lest we forget where we once were.

What a stat. Do not take this run for granted! Truly the golden era of Astros baseball.

If we keep up our current winning %age (against the easiest remaining schedule in the bigs) we'll end at 106 wins
tjack16
AG
Ballpark #6 today
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248
AG
Tepera has given up 4 hits vs Houston, this year, and 3 of them are homers
tjack16
AG
redline248 said:

Tepera has given up 4 hits vs Houston, this year, and 3 of them are homers

#SKETCHY
The Porkchop Express
AG
tjack16 said:

Ballpark #6 today

Nice one! I saw my first-ever MLB game outside of Texas there way back in 1996. COld and drizzly but saw Ripken and Alomar Jr. combine on one of the best defensive plays I've ever seen.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
kegstand
AG
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

Ballpark #6 today

Awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it- nearby recs, park must see's, etc. Get a picture next to an Astro home run marker on Eutaw Street- I think Berkman, Marwin and Grossman are the only Astros to do it, unless someone did it recently.
tjack16
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG

He was not on the 60 day IL, so no 40 man move required
Furlock Bones
AG
It's probably been mentioned but give the standings and schedule a peep for the stanks and the Stros.

A last week of the season run at best record could very well be in play.
Mathguy64
AG
Didn't Yordan do it? I thought one of his on the 3 HR day made it. Or did that one land on the other side of the warehouse?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
welcome back Odo!
Marvin
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Didn't Yordan do it? I thought one of his on the 3 HR day made it. Or did that one land on the other side of the warehouse?

For some reason I was thinking there was a catch... like, it hit a standard and didn't leave the part, or something along those lines.

ETA: Just watched and one or two of them bounced off the iron fencing, but I don't think any of them left the park.
Marvin
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Correa hit one 474 feet but it landed in the left-center concourse.
tjack16
AG
This ballpark is incredible so far. It's nice not having the stress of it be your team playing. Just get to sit back and watch two bad teams go at it in a battle for top draft picks

Marvin
AG
Looks awesome. Root for the home team...
agproducer
AG
tjack16 said:

There is a Marwin one on Eutaw Street as well. I love that park!

Make sure you try some of the local beers. And, if you get the hot dog with Mac and cheese and crab on it, enjoy!
tjack16
AG
I got the crab Mac and cheese hot dogs. It was great.

9.8/10
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agproducer said:

tjack16 said:

There is a Marwin one on Eutaw Street as well. I love that park!

Make sure you try some of the local beers. And, if you get the hot dog with Mac and cheese and crab on it, enjoy!

Wasn't marwins in a pinch hit at bat after Collin Moran broke his eye socket on a foul ball?
LonghornDub
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Prosperdick said:

Still miffed at Dusty for sitting Bregman...could have cost us the game. This resting **** for players that are in phenomenal shape needs to stop, ESPECIALLY when they're starting to get in a groove. How does Dusty not get that?

Anyway, all-world performance by the pitching staff and now we need to feast on the lowly Royals.

With how good this team has been for 5 seasons how are you complaining about how it's being run. It's obviously working extremely well.
I periodically see things and decisions I disagree with, and I bite my tongue because what they're doing is working so well. The regulars don't like taking time off, but they love Dusty, do what they're told, and don't crash and burn from exhaustion. I scream when I see the baserunning like yesterday, but the aggressiveness is evident in all phases and works. I hate to see Odorizzi pitch, but the truth is he's done well lately and KC is pitching a cripple.

To paraphrase Tuve, I literally love these Houston Astros.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Big Bucks
AG
Enjoy! Make sure to get a picture of the Brooks Robinson statue with the gold glove outside the stadium on the third base/left field side. PNC Park in Pittsburgh is probably still my favorite, but Camden Yards is awesome. Ready to go back.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Back when I was there, they played Thank God I'm a Country Boy after Take Me Out to the Ball Game for the 7th inning stretch. Interested if they still do so.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Big Bucks
AG
They did in 2018 when we went.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

He took the reporters notebook and chucked it into the stands
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

As expected
First Page Last Page
Page 538 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.