***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,094 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

Chrundle the Great said:

Can I prepay for Texas/fannin? Coming from bcs and don't want to risk circling around

Mlb.com recommended spot hero and I found a garage at 703 fannin for $15 it let me prepay for. Hope I don't get screwed somehow.

That's a good spot but its hell to get out of.
Chrundle the Great
AG
I considered that a given

Hopefully I'll be comfortably listening to sparky get wet and won't mind the traffic
bullard21k
AG
The aftermarket ticket prices right now are crazy.

Was glancing at it earlier and with fees some of these tickets prices are up there
htxag09
AG
bullard21k said:

The aftermarket ticket prices right now are crazy.

Was glancing at it earlier and with fees some of these tickets prices are up there

Yes they are. But decent amount available. Not enough to drop significantly, imo, though. Was talking to a buddy yesterday seems like the long break between the alcs and ws helped ws ticket demand. Also, alcs was softer than expected. Like fans expect to make the ws so save their money to blow their load on ws tickets
AgDoc03
AG
Yeah I'm hoping as game gets closer some prices will fall
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Methinks the lady doth protest too much
bullard21k
AG
How early do you think we need to get to the ticket gate before it's a mad house?

We were planning on getting there around 5:45 …y'all think that's enough time to avoid the rush hour at the gate?
agdaddy04
AG
I'd get there earlier if I was you. Soak it in.
chlavinka
AG
Park in the county garage adjacent to the civil district court. May be a bit pricey but very easy in and out no matter how big the crowd.
TREX01
bullard21k said:

How early do you think we need to get to the ticket gate before it's a mad house?

We were planning on getting there around 5:45 …y'all think that's enough time to avoid the rush hour at the gate?

We are aiming for 5:00
Panama Red
AG
If you don't want to soak it in, 545 will give you plenty of time to beat the rush.
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Cromagnum
AG
Deleted because probably not legit.
Buck Compton
AG
Cromagnum said:

If anyone needs gear, the Astros team store is running up to 50% off right now. Get it while you can. I just got the wife and I customized authentic jerseys for half off.

https://www.astrosgearteamstore.com/custom_jersey-5
That looks dubious at best… Terrible website. Definitely not the official team store, because that's here:

https://www.mlbshop.com/houston-astros/t-14553163+z-871253-930065732?_s=bm-mlbcom-hou
htxag09
AG
Buck Compton said:

Cromagnum said:

If anyone needs gear, the Astros team store is running up to 50% off right now. Get it while you can. I just got the wife and I customized authentic jerseys for half off.

That looks dubious at best… Terrible website. Definitely not the official team store, because that's here:

https://www.mlbshop.com/houston-astros/t-14553163+z-871253-930065732?_s=bm-mlbcom-hou

Lol yeah, cromagnum may have gotten scammed. You know when you see people in terrible, cheap ass jerseys where all the colors are wrong? They get them from places like this
bigjag19
AG
Buck Compton said:

Cromagnum said:

Cheap China knock?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Even the owner couldn't take it.
htxag09
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Even the owner couldn't take it.

Well he also has a little more at stake than you or me…..
AgDoc03
AG
Well bit the bullet and we'll see y'all in section 413. Might have to leave Ag game early
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
linkdude
AG
bullard21k
AG
Panama Red said:

If you don't want to soak it in, 545 will give you plenty of time to beat the rush.

We would but have an 8 month old so it makes it difficult to stray too far from home base for long stretches

In 2019 all the WS we got to we literally got there before batting practice started and was a sight to see everything fill in for next few hours
iamtheglove
07ag said:

iamtheglove said:

Bregxit said:

Does anyone who made it to a game have an extra WS towel they'd be willing to sell?
You talking about the orange rally towels? I got an extra I'm happy to give you if that's what you're wanting

Good bull! Any chance you have a second world series rally towel?
I might, let me check when I get home tonight (currently sitting on tarmac at SeaTac airport).
cone
AG
Same
Cromagnum
AG
htxag09 said:

Buck Compton said:

Cromagnum said:

Lol yeah, cromagnum may have gotten scammed. You know when you see people in terrible, cheap ass jerseys where all the colors are wrong? They get them from places like this

Damn. Well I just placed the order a few minutes before my post so I reached out to cancel it. Maybe I don't run into problems.
07ag
AG
iamtheglove said:

07ag said:

iamtheglove said:

Bregxit said:

Does anyone who made it to a game have an extra WS towel they'd be willing to sell?
You talking about the orange rally towels? I got an extra I'm happy to give you if that's what you're wanting

Good bull! Any chance you have a second world series rally towel?
I might, let me check when I get home tonight (currently sitting on tarmac at SeaTac airport).

Thanks! Email me at 7002ga at gmail
https://ts.la/eric59704
thenational
AG
Section 119, row 20 tonight. Finish them tonight!
Bonnettecj1
Mancini got the confidence boost he needed the other night at first base. He gets 2 hits tonight, one of which is at a key point.
bullard21k
AG
linkdude said:

Couple of thoughts.

If yuli is hurt badly enough he can't play today/tomm I'd drop him from the roster and bring up C Lee as emergency catcher and let Vasquez either DH or play 1B

Yuli DH and Mancini 1B sounds like a probable option. Diaz playing first and Mancini DH probably isn't off the table either

Mathguy64
AG
If Yuli can't play you absolutely have to replace him. Playing a man down is not an option.

Mancini to 1B
Yordan in LF
Vazquez DH and Yanier added and backup catcher. Then decide late if push came to shove if you let him play or lose the DH. But that's an emergency decision.
BayAg_14
Never heard of this dude and not seeing it anywhere else. Waiting till one of our trusted guys says something.
HarryRocket
bullard21k said:

linkdude said:

Couple of thoughts.

If yuli is hurt badly enough he can't play today/tomm I'd drop him from the roster and bring up C Lee as emergency catcher and let Vasquez either DH or play 1B

Yuli DH and Mancini 1B sounds like a probable option. Diaz playing first and Mancini DH probably isn't off the table either

If you DH Vasquez, you can never Pinch run for maldy. Ever. You can't put a inexperienced catcher in that position
bullard21k
AG
HarryRocket said:

bullard21k said:

linkdude said:

Couple of thoughts.

If you DH Vasquez, you can never Pinch run for maldy. Ever. You can't put a inexperienced catcher in that position

That's not a good enough reason to keep Vasquez on the bench in a game clinching situation. The guy has played in a ton of massive post season games for the red soxs and won a ring.

Without yuli we need some dudes who can swing the bat. Have we pitch run for maldy all post season?
HarryRocket
Do you bring up myers??

I mean, what the hell at this point.
HarryRocket
bullard21k said:

HarryRocket said:

bullard21k said:

linkdude said:

Couple of thoughts.

That's not a good enough reason to keep Vasquez on the bench in a game clinching situation. The guy has played in a ton of massive post season games for the red soxs and won a ring.

Without yuli we need some dudes who can swing the bat. Have we pitch run for maldy all post season?

Ok, what if maldy gets hurt?

It's just risky, I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze, I would feel different if Vasquez gave us some power or speed, but you lose power and speed but you get better contact. And then the risk of the bad situations…

This isn't a good decision to make. Both options suck here.
TRM
AG
I think you would DH Y. Diaz over Vasquez
First Page Last Page
Page 2271 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.