lockout news?

2,881 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Meetings this week. We expecting any developments from these?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Nothing will happen until someone is losing money.
BCSWguru
Clark and Manfred are morons. Never goes well when two morons have to work it out.
W
AG
wouldn't be surprised if very little changes...and the 2 sides basically agree to what they have now for another 3 years or so.

i.e. kick the can down the road
kheincho
is there a lockout CBA "predictions" thread?
Iowaggie
AG

• Both sides have proposed a bonus pool for players under minimum salaries based on the Wins Above Replacement statistic. MLB suggested a $10 million fund, while the players want it to be $105 million.
  • Forty-six percent of players made under $500,000 in 2021.
  • MLBPA also reduced its requested increase in revenue sharing funds from large market to small market teams to $30 million from $100 million.

The two sides are still at a standoff on several issues, and Halem said that the league is willing to lose 2022 regular-season games to hold their ground.

AgBQ-00
AG
Well that is not promising.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
CampingAg
AG
Millionaires fighting with billionaires. You'd think there's enough people who were around for the aftermath of '94 to know that regular season games can't be missed again.
Mr. White
What are the chances the season begins on time?
07ag
AG
perhaps i'm just an optimist, but i think it'll happen. last minute brinkmanship will be involved, but i think it'll happen
https://ts.la/eric59704
AgBQ-00
AG
MLB Update. Meetings coming this weekend.

I don't know. Hoping we see movement
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
AustinCountyAg
CampingAg said:

Millionaires fighting with billionaires. You'd think there's enough people who were around for the aftermath of '94 to know that regular season games can't be missed again.
I agree with you to a certain existent, but for a lot of the mlb players, especially with family's salary does matter. I can get them fighting for as much as they can, while they can. I think if games are missed it won't be months long. I expect them to get something done in march and try to start the season ASAP after that.
AustinCountyAg
Mr. White said:

What are the chances the season begins on time?
50/50
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I used to loathe the salaries the players make. The height of my loathing was ARods 10/$250 deal. Not long after that I realized these guys are just entertainers. Nothing more, nothing less. I love baseball and the skills these players possess and understand the sacrifices they have made in their lives to play a game and make tons of money.

That being said, they are only worth as much as the owners are willing to pay. I get the family thing and needing to take care of their families but if the owners don't think they are worth it then who am I to say.

I hope they get this cleared up soon. I'll be there whether Opening Day goes off as scheduled or if this lasts another 6 months. They'll get my money either way. The sooner the better.
Aggies2009
AG
I feel like the owners didn't hate the 2020 season and paying pro rated player salaries.

The owners don't mind missing April and May games because outside of opening day, those games aren't very well-attended. If they can chop off the April/May games, pay the players pro rated salaries, miss out on the low-revenue games, and start in June, they'd like that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.